Borderlands Legends

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MaxPancaKe, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calvini

Calvini Active Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Developer
    Well I think you'd have to be an avid PC gamer and a fan of the series to think otherwise! :)

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow this sounds awesome :D Borderlands 2 is really good

3. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I have a bad feeling that this will be a top-down shooter. I seriously hope I'm wrong about this.

However, Gearbox did develop Brothers in Arms for the iPhone/iPad which wasn't bad at all before Gameloft turned it into a money-grabber freemium

4. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I expect something turn-based, like the recent XCOM maybe... this will be awesome. multiplayer would be even more awesome. random generated missions ? could be a hit if its not too quickly boring.

5. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I don't like speculations,and read at least 10 articles where author has added "3rd person shooter" or "A “tactical cover”-based shooter" so i'll just lean back and wait for official statement on this one :)

As one article said "There's only a week and a half left in this month so expect 2K to announce this game soon"

XCOM is like tailormade for tablets but that's just my opinion

6. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Not really, just look what happened to Assassin's Creed Utopia.... ._.

7. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Wow, just read this on the front page of TA.

I really don't know what to expect for this mobile version. I'm really excited though.

Borderlands is my all time favourite game. It has all elements FPS, RPG, great characters, storyline.

If 2K can even make a half decent mobile port. Obviously only with a fraction of content. I will be extremely happy because just having this on my iphone is kick a@$ !!!

8. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

If you look at the screenshot, on the bottom right corner you can see that you equip the four characters in one screen, making it look like this is a strategy game where you control each member of the original cast of borderlands. Combined with the "strategic cover system" and randomized missions, i'm inclined to believe that this is a Hunters/hunters 2 like TBS.

9. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Awesome if true heh.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That wouldn't suck. At all. :).

11. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Haha I wouldn't mind a top down borderlands! Have you played bullet time? First person would be better but I'm fine with that. I don't want a rts though....

12. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Ah... No. Gearbox doesn't even own the license to Brother in Arms; 2k Games does. 2k licensed Gameloft to develop a mobile game based on the franchise. Gearbox had nothing to do with it. Not only that, but two DLC packs for Borderlands, and the one (so far) for Borderlands 2 were made by a different development house, unaffiliated with Gearbox.

13. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Wow yes! Always wanted something like this! Can't wait. I LOVE borderlands.

14. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I really hope this is actually an FPS!
    Comsidering 2K games have completed borderlands 2 they should now be working on something new, so it could be. But I guess they wouldn't be suited to developing games for mobile, so would get someone else to do it.
    In the next few days we should get some news on the gameplay!

15. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Ign has a preview coming later this week, i think the game might release this thursday:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43459821#post43459821

16. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I really hope it's a fps also. A couple years ago, I never imagined games like Dead Space or now even Borderlands coming to iOS. It truly is incredible what they can do on mobile now.

Let's hope this Borderlands legend isn't a promo freemium app though. Fingers crossed.

I was also reading one article and it said it only might be compatible with the newer ipad, iphone 4S. I hope this app works for the ipod 4G.

17. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I just hope the game is not like this.

18. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I doubt it won't work with anything less then a 3rd gen. If a 3rd gen can play infinity blade and FIFA 13 then it can hold borderlands so don't worry

19. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    According to the Wikipedia page for Brothers In Arms:
    "Brothers in Arms: Hour of Heroes is a third-person shooter video game published by Gameloft and developed by Gearbox Software for iOS."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_in_Arms_(series)

and anyways, if you played the game, there was the Gearbox logo in the start screen.

But let's not talk about Brothers in Arms. Borderlands Legends will be epic if happens to be an FPS

20. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    From google ad the websites that I have been on it is a fps.