Borderlands Legends

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MaxPancaKe, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Looks great!

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Looks really good! I almost called it ;)

3. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Just read the funniest comment about this. "Well I am sure someone out there will enjoy a touch based Lilith."

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Screen shots look good for a top down shooter. O.k we'll see about gameplay. Too bad it wasn't an fps though would have been incredible. I wonder if the claptrap makes an appearance.

5. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
  6. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    damn coming next week!

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im a little scared of the "waves of enemies, within randomized missions" mentioned in the video news. Sounds arena-based, but i imagine the levels will be a bit huge, which makes it feel like Mutants. But on the bright side, this will have infinite replayability. Oh and the random missions remind me somewhat of Dead Trigger.

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #68 Ayjona, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    Seems like all speculations are off. Neither traditional FPS nor TBS, we are instead looking at a Battleheart-like with a strategic cover system, infinite levelling and randomized missions (nice in itself, but would have been so much better if accompanied by a campaign as well), boss battles, action skills and abilities, and at least some gun hoardin', courtesy of Marcus... I had LOTS of doubts when I first read the original, almost detail-less article, but in spite of what might be better judgement, the IGN piece and the revelation of the game's direction has me DURNED excited...

Was thinking the same, and have similar hopes. Provided the game is good, I'd gladly pay for that.

9. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    I was expecting this type of gameplay when someone pointed out that you equip all 4 characters. Not disappointed at all. I am still excited to buy it as I am a huge Borderlands fan. I would like to see more of it before I buy it though. Looks like another thread to wait for Sanuku to do his deeds in.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Same here!
    I even didn't dare buying BL 2 yet. I know when I would do this, my spare time for the next two months is completely gone.

11. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    I'm buying it no matter what but I hope it's more of a dual stick shooter where you actually control each character (have to aim, easy to make quick movements, etc) rather than something more RTS-like such as Battleheart (simply assign an enemy to each character and let the AI do the shooting), since the over-the top gun-play is what makes Borderlands so fun!

12. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    If I had to guess I'd say it's definitely not a dual stick shooter. I imagine that you will select a character and then tap on who you want to shoot, and tap on weapons/abilities to use.

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I would have loved a dual-stick shooter variant of Borderlands 1/2, with the same lootin' and tootin', the same characters and skills and abilities, and perhaps even some of the same environs, locales, storylines and quests, but with dual-stick controls and top-down perspective replacing the first-person view of the desktop titles. In fact, I remember imagining such a Borderlands product for iOS over a year back.

If the IGN piece is right, however, Legends has us controlling the whole gang at once, tactical-like, with taps and swipes for movement and targeting, Battleheart-style. So yer hopes might already be dashed.

14. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Still hanging desperately onto the "Specific gameplay details remain under wraps" line before it ! :D But you're probably right, since they specifically mention Battleheart.

And if there's one thing I've learned from getting excited about this kinda thing, it's that iOS ports of big name mainstream titles live to underwhelm you. See Assassin's Creed Utopia. Also vagueness is a bad sign.

Still, I'd buy it just for the distinct Borderlands art style.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I know the gameplay will be like Battleheart, but i mentioned Mutants because it's the only arena-based survival game i could think of that had scrolling backgrounds. I just remembered a couple topdown survival games (DSS to be exact) having scrolling backgrounds too, but the titles elude me.

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This is the first game I think I'm gonna instabuy ever :D And I'll be proud of it as long as the first reviews don't sound terribly disappointed.

I was hoping for dual stick but if it's strategic I don't mind that either. As long as it plays solid, and has borderlands trademarks (I love how they said there's over 1000 weapons here), it's bought!

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Maybe it will be turned based

18. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    The thing that does appeal to me is the distinctive art style of Borderlands. I'm not a huge fan of top down shooters though. I like the game to be more personal in a first person, third person perspective but this does look intriguing and if I want to play the real game, I will play it on my pc. I'm sure in a couple years all of these console, pc games will be able to be streamed to a mobile device anyway.

As long as it doesn't get horrid reviews like Mass Effect Infiltrator I will probably buy this day one.

19. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    well, I was right about a gameplay à la xcom. but what I'm seeing now is not really what I was thinking. it seems that we'll be given arenas to do those randomly generated missions... but they look so tiny ! those are boards, not maps. a single screen for every missions, and not full levels... I'm a little disapointed, at least I was hoping for maps looking like those of rad soldiers, for example. And if covers are only made with little walls and rocks, its a little sad, where are the buildings, terrain elevations ? a borderlands without borderlands's level design is a shame... I guess we'll have to get our hands on it to see if its not a waste of time; but hey, it's pandora on mobile devices, can't be that bad.

20. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Randomly generated missions can be good or bad, depending on how different each mission type is and how much variation is possible in enemy types and positioning. Overall, I'm pretty excited about this though. It will be interesting to control all 4 vault hunters simultaneously, and I feel that there will be a lot of strategy in planning the skill trees to specialize them in a way that optimizes the team as a whole.