Borderlands Legends

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MaxPancaKe, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Huh, didn't even notice that. My first impression was that it was more of a normal free-moving level design, but based on the "wave-based" gameplay that was originally mentioned, a "level per screen" concept makes more sense... :(
    My guess though is that it isn't just an endless thing occurring on a single screen like Battleheart, rather each level consists of 4 battles, notice the 4 objective indicators in the top left corner. So, you have one battle at one screen for a couple of waves, then a cutscene moving forward leading into the next wave-battle, etc. Kinda like Epoch in that each level consisted of multiple mini-battles.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Kinda like what im playing now... Sefirah. It's like Battleheart, but after defeating the enemies (or wave), they move a bit forward to the next part of the map, then a new set of enemies come in, til they get to the last area or a boss area.

3. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Just a thought, IGN says:

When a character is selected, their cooldown abilities can be activated by tapping its icon in the top-right. Unleashing specific combo attacks at the same time will activate special, ultra-powerful team attacks.

So I don't think it'll be exactly like battle heart more tur based or with a pause and command feature, otherwise how can you select all four at once or even quick enough to unlease skills to perform combo attacks??

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #84 Ayjona, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    Hmm, you were? All reports so far seem to point to a Battleheart-inspired realtime combat model. Or have I missed out on something of a critical paradigm shift in the Borderland Legends speculation spectrum? :)

Has the old click-and-drag RTS mechanic been so long absent from gaming that we now wonder how to select multiple units? :D

(One of the recent Battleheart clones (Sefirah, perhaps?) actually featured a way to select multiple units, so look no further for an example of how Borderland Legends can still be a realtime tactical experience.)

5. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Those environments are way to small for any tbs movement whatsoever

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... In Sefirah, double tapping a unit selects all your units with the skillset of the one you double tapped actively showing up top.

I imagine, in Borderlands Legends, either double tapping units or drag-selecting multiple units will show their combination skills.

7. Melanosol

Melanosol Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    England
    Whilst I personally would prefer a TBS style game, I'm sure I'll enjoy this either way. Someone said it should be coming out Thursday - is that official?

8. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Oh man this game looks amazing. I really want to get this ASAP! Never played a lot of battle heart so the genre is fresh to me. Hopefully it will live up to the borderlands name.

9. chimpman252

May 8, 2012
    October 31st is release

10. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Hoping to see some gameplay of this game soon. I really hope it's done well because I want to buy it. Anything related to Borderlands is a buy for me.

11. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    Same here. Hopefully PopWatch's hands-on preview tomorrow will have some footage. IGN also stated to look out for "an exclusive first look at the game in motion, later this week."

12. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Is there any chance this game runs on an iPad 1?

13. chimpman252

May 8, 2012
  14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is my most anticipated game right now. IBDungeons comes in a close second, with Republique an easy third.

15. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Republique?

16. chimpman252

May 8, 2012
  17. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    This game is definitely intriguing. I haven't played the Borderlands games (heard a ton of good things about them though), but I like the ideas (team strategy, lots of equipment, lots of skills/abilities, etc.) and graphics.

The one thing that has me concerned is the randomized missions. I like random usually, but these days, it seems like a number of mobile games that have come out with individual missions rather than a campaign (like Dungeon Hunter 3) end up being nice eye candy with little depth. Maybe it'll be more like Hunters, which despite the lack of campaign, was still a fun game because of the great gameplay combined with thorough leveling and equipment systems.

18. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #98 Johnny101, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    Well, I hope to see some gameplay of Borderlands legends this weekend but to me this seems like a 2 dollar game, not a 5 dollar game. If it was an fps were you actually shoot then I can see the price being warranted.

Idk, I'm not really sold on this yet....but hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised and like the game a lot.

Just found an article on the game. http://kotaku.com/5955057/heres-everything-i-know-about-borderlands-legends

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'd love to hear an in-depth explanation of how an fps "were you actually shoot" warrants a higher price than a real-time tactical game (or any non-casual genre, for that matter). I usually find that the actual quality of the game is a better justification for the price tag ;)

20. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I find fps games more engaging and have more depth. Than a top down tactical shooter.:rolleyes:;) Anomaly Warzone comes to mind. Great game 2 dollar price tag.