Borderlands Legends

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MaxPancaKe, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The point is that the "I'd rather have an FPS" sentiment has been made ad-naseum. Now that we know what the game will actually be like, it seems much more pertinent to talk about what we will actually see and not what some folks wish it would be.

There's no question that FPS work on iOS, though not for everyone, of course. Personally, I find it very difficult to play FPSs with a standard dual-stick controller (I cut my teeth on mouse+keyboards), but it would be silly for me to say that FPS don't "work" on consoles. That said, I would much prefer to have a new take on the franchise than a watered down version of the same game I can get on my PC.

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #142 Johnny101, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    Well it certainly is a fresh take on the game, which I have no problem with. It would take a huge undertaking to port this game to iOS because the Borderland world is so massive with a plethora of characters, guns, maps, etc...Of course who wouldn't want an authentic copy of Borerlands on iOS... But judging by screen shots, videos it does look good. I hope it has certain gameplay to make this replayable. We'll find out soon how it is.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Exactly, its a nice dream thinking we can get the 'actual' Borderlands game on iOS but think its a bit of a pipe dream. From what i've seen this game looks great, wish it had a set list of missions rather than just randomized ones but to be fair what i've seen so far from the video/screenshots it looks a nice polished game. Not some quick rubbish convert to iOS.

Roll on weds !

4. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    tomorrow nz store

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im not trying to start anything, but you know, i think you're always in the middle of conversations like this, and you think my comments are foolish. Anyways, i'm sure we're both looking forward to B:L, so we'll see how that pans out for all of us fans of the original FPS.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This might just be the attitude that gets you into flame wars. :D

7. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA

I made that comment in jest to you:D, because you brought up a dead horse after I mentioned that I would keep the conversation pertaining to Borderlands legends in it's present tactical top down shooter state. Then you brought it up after two days.

8. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    We'll sure I'm in some conversations like this, aren't we all? Any fan of iOS games will definately get into discussions they are interested in, whether it's heated or not. I am very interested in this particular game because the original Borderlands is my favourite video game of all time, so naturally this game coming to iOS ( or a form of it) peaks my interest big time.

Very much looking forward to this game's release.

9. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I have not the least interest in Borderlands, but this game sounds like it might be fun.

10. TouchGamer1987

TouchGamer1987 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Grad Student
    New York City
    I'm really excited for this

Tomorrow!!!

11. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    So this is a Wednesday release (in the US)? Strange. Not that I'm complaining :D

12. TouchGamer1987

TouchGamer1987 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Grad Student
    New York City
    Well, it's a halloween release....so 11 PM EST tomorrow night

13. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    tomorrow nz store

14. choenc

choenc Member