Bouncer Boot Out Coming Soon From 5th World!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 5th World, Sep 15, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Totally right, a good icon will help attract people without doubt.

2. Thanks dude. We're trying something a bit different with it but I'll hopefully have more of an announcement to make early next week. I just wanted to start whetting people's appetites for some sweet rock 'n' roll zombie beat 'em up action.

3. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I am buying a ticket for that show mate! See you at the gig!

4. Actually, this is a really cool read (if you're interested in such things) on the importance of, basically, nice looking things in order to sell apps. He mostly talks about website design but raises some pretty excellent points.

http://www.adamrudd.net/2010/08/how-to-make-a-killer-app-website/

5. cyberbum

cyberbum Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    This is great information, thanks! I do like the whole analyzing aspect of the website and which parts should come first.

6. Yeah, I found this article a great help when it came to putting the Bouncer Boot Out site together. Also, since I know them, it would be really wrong of me to not plug how awesome the Train Conductor games are that article mentions :)

7. Even if the gig's in... outer space?!

[​IMG]

8. cyberbum

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    Seriously....space zombies...I am speechless. That is too awesome. But wait! Space zombies vs funky musicians? :eek: Awesome squared;)

9. Awesome squared? Or awesome to the power of rock 'n' roll? You know, now that I've typed that, I'm not even sure what it means. Sounded funny in my head at least. :)

10. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Haha! Especially if it's in SPACE! Loving the Alien art design.

11. Those are always the best. You never forget your first Space Gig.

So the plan for the Romeros is going to be to have it out online as a flash freebie by (hopefully) this time next week and then work on getting it ported across as an iPhone freebie after that, just for the sake of giving out some free content.

12. cyberbum

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    Free things are always great! I guess it's been in development for some time, and giving it out on iPhone for free as well, gosh, you guys are just too nice:)

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So once you're on a roll you just churn out the games, eh?

Okay, 5th World, 'splain something!

What is this mechanic about grouping folk for a combo boot? Do they need to match each other in some way or what?

Will us cheesy trailer trash rednecks ever get to have a club in the game where we can boot all of the fancy pants out (you're not wearing a NASCAR related t-shirt or packing any chew, see ya!)? ;)

14. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    NICE! I have never been to Space before :(
    Send us a link to try the flash when it's out!

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Of course not, the threat of zombies is too great to make such a trip a viable option! :p

16. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You are right, imagine it, Zombie Aliens. Oh the horror!

17. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, wait a second, are the zombies in space suits due to having issues with this alien world's atmosphere or because they're just too damned lazy to take off the clothes they died in? Come to think of it, how do you take off one of those more elaborate space suits on your own?

18. Well, it actually came out of our artist and animator being too damn efficient :) We got all the art and animation assets completed for our next two paid releases so one day we were just sitting around and thought, "hey, let's just make a cool looking free game where you use rock n roll to kill zombies while we wait for the final polish on Bouncer Boot Out. People like free stuff. And zombies. And rock n roll chicks." And so the free game was born.

It's actually based on a comic idea I've had rattling around in my head for a few years, "how much cooler would Josie and the Pussycats be if they flew through space and time battling the undead?" So keep an eye out for a Romeros digital comic in the not so distant future too!

19. I'm going to go with, "too damned lazy to take their clothes off." That's a sad side effect of zombification: extreme laziness.

As for getting into a more elaborate space suit, there's a perfectly simple explanation for it. Just let me get it out of my car....