Universal Bounty Hunter: Black Dawn (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    HA! Solo'd Simon while being at lv11!

Took about 8 mins to kill him, and it became possible when i purchase a chip with Ammo Regen +2%. The difficulty was having enough bullets to pelt him with, and i did it with that and im even using a not so good level 9 SMG.

Damn that felt great!

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Maybe in the minority on this, but I prefer the older version. This has far more problems with hit detection, it was a problem before, but now I can be dead centered and see the bullet pass through. Enemies can shoot through walls even more now, you got one ore two before hand, but now I can get hit while trying to duck down into a tunnel by everything in the area. They mindlessly walk right into you (sometimes not even firing).

Don't even get me started on the turret now for the engineer. Unless there is level ground, it seems to just shoot off into a blank area and does 0 damage.

I understand the art changes and having to get rid of the last stand mode. But I feel like this took a step backwards. Not only that, I get these crazy slow downs about every 5 minutes. Ughh and buying skill points?

Its still a good game, but it just feels like it is less than it was.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I havent come across any major issues (yet), dont notice a huge difference from the last version. Just this one should get constant updates, the devs are very friendly and get back to you quickly as i've contacted them recently.

Well i'm level 7 at the moment. When do you get the other 'armour' ? Eg when i'm shooting at enemies their 'armour' goes down first before their red hit points.

I cant remember from the original game what this was, was this a 'chip' i put on to my character or some special armour ?

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Armor is the one you get from, well, armors. Around your HP bar are 4 gray squares which deplete first when you take damage, and regenerate when you arent taking damage for a duration. The stats affectig these are mainly the ones found on armor equips.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I cant sleep.... Anyway.... Is GC working for anyone?

6. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    The only problem with this game is the music... It doesnt fit with the game at all. But that doesnt keep me away from all the fun. Great game

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah its the same as last time, bit strange, bit 'spaghetti western' sounding. Got used to it last time i must admit

Spotted a fair few typos/spelling mistakes but doesnt detract from the game itself, really enjoying it

8. hourglass

hourglass Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    #108 hourglass, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    It's an okay game. I've encountered a lot of problems with the AI, though; enemies are too strong and often just sit there and waste me. The assault rifles are extremely underpowered; it often takes an entire clip to kill an opponent, maybe more.

Until they balance it, I am so done.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Burst fire. Emptying a clip in one full stream isnt going to kill anything faster. More true for Assault and SMGs than other weapon types.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh... Im sure everyone wants to hear this, if you arent aware of it yet.

Once a day, check and watch the 2 other Freyr games trailers, as they give free 15 Mithril each. Also, once a day, check the online panel. You get free mithril for playing in consecutive days, with increasing rewards each day.

Im already up to 205 Mithril, and just playing my way through. Currently level 12.

11. hourglass

hourglass Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Tried it. No bueno. The small army I was up against wasted me.

12. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    Hey guys, can anyone tell me if this works on ipod 4g? Because if it does, I will buy it for sure!

13. deadsea007

deadsea007 New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Yes, it works.

14. twistedmind87

twistedmind87 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I really hope someone can help me here... While I MUCH prefer this re-release it still seems very similar to me, I get RPG and have many to my collection, also FPS but is there more depth to this than just four levels constantly repeated?
    I'm not an online player so is this where the meat is at? Is there more maps and things to do here? I'm already regretting my £1.99 / $2.99 entrance fee :( does this open up or can someone explain this to me lol
    I don't see much RPG other than a glorified perks tree and I don't see much FPS other than 4 maps when you select a mission and go to the blue orb?!

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Theres plenty more maps, just it introduces you slowly, the first map will involve just level 1-7 type enemies. Later it gets harder

I never played multiplayer before in the original, tried the single player arena a few times to get XP/coins.

The missions you get will be 'kill x' or 'pick up xxx' over and over. I think later you also have boss battles. I enjoy it, great having this 'borderlands homage' on my phone at all times, upgrading equipment etc.

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    It seems GC achievements started working all of a sudden.

17. FreyrGames

FreyrGames Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    The damage of weapon decrease if the level of the weapon is more than 2 levels lower than level of enemy. Usually a green weapon can easily take down enemies at the same level.

BTW: we just fired the company providing translation service to us.
    We will hire a new translation company.

We also hired a new company making music for us. The music of last map is made by the new company, please let us know whether the music sounds better.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... I was wondering why my Lv11 Assault weapon was dealing crap damage to Lv13 enemies compared to my Lv12 SMG, where my Lv12 weapon has worse stats that the Lv11 one.

Weird design choice, but i guess i should upgrade my equips soon.

19. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    why is there never anyone online, the multiplayer potential on a game like this is huge :(

20. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #120 WCFields, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    ????????????