Boycotting $10 gameloft games etc

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010.

1. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    It's Obama's fault

Do you only use your ipod for gaming or something?

Wake-up call: Most people with iphones and ipods don't use it for gaming. We like to surf the web, get email, listen to music, watch movies, instant message, etc. THINGS THAT THE PSP AND DS CANNOT DO, WHICH IS WHY THEY COST LESS.

Be more selfish plz

2. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I still think you should gtfo but on a more serious note, Crimson Gem Saga and GTA: CTW are great PSP ports. Pssst: and I hear they are like a 1/4 of the cost compared to the PSP version :eek: For a device that costs more than a PSP or DS, you sure do get some great deals on games :)

3. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #103 acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    Well I have a phone... everything else Id use a computer for? Maybe if your buying the iPhone its nice, but I dont need an iPhone until my service contract runs out atleast..

PSP can:
    Music
    Movies
    Email?
    (web?)
    Games

3DS: ???

you guys are supposed to sell me on this right? I thought this was a Touch Gaming community but your answer to everything is buy a different device..

I can tell you that this, "were supporting everyone" ideaology is gonna start getting old when people are buying new devices and seeing underdeveloped games (archetype, sure its cheap, but hey man I got a buncha extra cash caused I just saved $7 right??); they'll be no reason to ever get a new device!! (laymans: Expensive product, sparing content games, similair services on other devices = buy something else)

and I still think your acting like a complete child and wonder why anyone would take you seriously?

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Well... no. I'm sticking with my Touch 2G until either the Touch 4 goes way down in price or I get enough money not to care about the cost.

I'm not really interested in seeing DS/PSP games on the App Store because I own a DS and PSP, and I'll be getting a 3DS. So I really only want the stuff that's unique to touch gaming on my iPod, and games that just aren't available elsewhere.

5. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    Suck a Pretty Small Penis Why dont you go bitch on the Gameloft Forums? GL has good games on ALL systems.

6. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Amazing how ipod touch fanboys are actually ruining my own ipod touch fanboyism...

somehow this seems bad business for apple, powerful expensive tech and no games to play... no reason to buy the tech then?

7. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

#107 ScottColbert, Sep 24, 2010
    Hey Einstein:

1: It's called an iPhone because guess what, people use it for making calls! Gaming is not what it was built for.
    2. You didn't buy one so you didn't waste any money.
    3. an iTouch is not a dedicated gaming platofrm. It's more a multimedia player (can't really call it an mp3 player anymore) that plays games. You cannot compare a dedicated gaming platform like a PSP or 3DS to it-well maybe you can, but most sane people know the difference.
    4. You give Apple supporters a bad name. I couldn't give a rat's butt if you have shares or not, you're acting like a spoiled brat. I remember back when video cards first came out for PC's, it took at least a year for titles to start coming out. Development takes time. Simply because the technology is there doesn't mean the games will be at the start. And neither the PSP or DS had games when they came out that took full advantage of all it could do. Games are not created overnight.

Now if you want to stamp your feet and hold your breath and continue your temper tantrum like a 5 year old, have at it, but you look mighty foolish.

8. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    I own both PSPgo, Iphone 4, and maybe 3ds (depending on games).

9. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    Last time i checked, they have Xbox graphics on the Iphone 3GS not the iPhone4. Yes, Iphone 4 was made for games because of the gyroscope

10. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    what?

11. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    This guy's logic blows and he's contradicted himself and made false points way too many times. Why are you guys still taking him seriously?

12. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #112 acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010
    but most sane people know the difference.

heres where you skip over the fact that what you said is total BS...

there is no difference, movies+music are the same on a PSP or a iTouch, why pay DOUBLE the price for an iTouch then? touch screen factor? that wore off in 09

maybe u should open your eyes and see Im not stamping my feet; Im not paying cash for old games for my new device..

Development takes time

For what? a stupid game that wont last more than 4 hours? When PC games were then released they were full fledged games that justified the price OF VIDEO CARDS that cost $400 for the best

Why pay $400 for the rest?

Not a single contradiction in here. At this point you guys have convinced me to NOT spend large amounts of cash on a device that other devices are doing just as acceptably and for 2/3 the price; AND IM A FREAKING FANBOY

edit2: I like how the only things weve seen so far on the iPhone 4 are Retina display, id be livid if I bought an iPod touch and heard what you guys are saying now

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    GL has good games on NO systems, so they're all totally equal in that regard.
    I've owned around 500 or so iPod Touch games, so there's definitely enough for me. I can't stand Gameloft or any of the EA ports but there's so much awesome indie stuff around that I totally love.

14. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    Objection! Ipod Touch has better Music player/internet access! The PSP is dying, there are hardly any new games being released!

15. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I WAS going to stay out of this, but seriously? Go develop your own game. Let me know how long it will last and your price.

16. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    If GL had no good games, then it would of been dead around last year. Gangstar, Prince of Persia, Modern Combat, all good games.

17. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #117 acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010
    Well im willing to pay $40 for a long lasting game.

Its not as if Im asking for Fallout Vegas for $10..

If PSP and DS sell games at $40, I think the kids can ask mommy for cash just like they have been..

Objection! Ipod Touch has better Music player/internet access! The PSP is dying, there are hardly any new games being released!

Yep, amazing internet access, I can get the same on my computer? It has no wireless internet.. and the music player aint worth $200 bux man, pretty simple logic

edit: I wouldnt get a PSP at this point, but you guys have sold me on the 3DS. That was your plan right?

18. Ipadboy

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    PSP/DS games arent even worth 40$. Thats like the price of Xbox360/PS3 games..

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Not necessarily, kids will buy any crap these days. See the Wii for details.

20. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    You are missing the point... Notice how I said "Develop your own game". It isn't easy. After you have made your own game, then you can complain that a dollar game didn't last 4 hours.