Universal Broken Age (by Double Fine Productions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Chaos_u

Chaos_u Well-Known Member

Wow,gonna try this one

2. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    When I first saw The Cave I wanted to buy it immediately. Whereas looking at this holds no interest at all! So much for a side project.

3. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    The cheapest version on kickstarter was 15$. So, as to not punish early supporters, they have to ask at least more than that. Given the two act setup, asking 10$ twice seems fair.

4. PaulLevering

PaulLevering New Member

Jun 12, 2014
  5. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Side-project was poor wording. My point was that it was a lower budget production given less of a public push, and given less weight by the press.

That's not to say individuals might not find it more interesting - just that Broken Age was a massive deal for Double Fine - it was groundbreaking in it's funding, and has been treated as a triple-A title, while the Cave was quirkier and I think it's fair to say it was a lower-key release.

6. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Yes! One down, just barmark, drifter, forma.8 and pinstripe to go :)

7. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    'Made for ages 9 - 11'

?

8. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    I really hope they do port it to iPhone. When KOTOR was iPad only, people were saying an iPhone port wouldn't work, and when they did port it to iPhone, I thoroughly enjoyed it. So if you are saying an iPhone port could work, then the developers definitely should give it a shot.

9. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I'm very tempted to get this but don't like the idea of waiting 6 months or more (probably more) to play the second part, having forgotten what happened in part 1 by that point. Had the same issue with Broken Sword: Serpent's Curse, which I'm still waiting for episode 2. I might wait for both episodes to be released and then play it through completely. If I have the willpower, lol.

10. Kosikutioner

Kosikutioner Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    That's crazy. This isn't a prologue. It's the first half of a two act story. Not arguing anything regarding the Cave and this pricing compared, but calling this a prologue is completely inaccurate.

(Edit, I've played this through on pc already and it's a great game and story. I cannot speak to the port itself, I haven't sat down with it yet)

11. a_apple

a_apple Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Yeah this is exactly how I feel. I've had the first part sitting on my computer forever while I wait for part 2 to come out. I was naively hoping this was going to be the whole game, but ah well. :/

12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Here this might help.

You will buy this game.

Attached Files:

• 200.jpg
      200.jpg
      File size:
      8.1 KB
      Views:
  13. a_apple

a_apple Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Well I mean, like I said, I already bought the first half on my computer. I just would rather have the whole experience at once. I'm still looking forward to it.

14. Doxxic

Doxxic Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2008
    #54 Doxxic, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    This is a fantastic game. Played it via Steam already but on iPad it is even better. Just finished Shay's part.

Well ok puzzle design may not be fantastic (puzzle/locations ratio is a bit low and the puzzles are quite easy if you are experienced), but the story is deep, surprising and well told. It could be the best point and click story ever.

Don't be fooled by the kiddy looks — it is totally mature with a surreal, ominous atmosphere and dark humor.

I'm looking forward to part 2 very very much!!

Btw, started with the boy this time, which seems better than starting with the girl...

15. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Yeah, I know. I'm more trying to convince myself. :) I do really enjoy supporting these old time developers like double fine.

16. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Ok, it's really better. I will not use a FAQ, for sure (i did it until i was 14, twenty years ago, after i understood it's really boring to do that). And i didn't know they were the guys who created grim fandango. I'll try, thanks ;)

17. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    The puzzles are on the easy side? The description states that there's a hard-as-hell puzzle. Did you get to it? (no spoilers of course)

18. iPadCary

iPadCary Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Civil Servant
    New York City
    Simple: it's called "unmitigated greed".

19. Robots in the USA

Jun 13, 2014
    Why is this iPad only and what is Carrie?

20. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Carrie is my wife.