Universal Brotherhood of Violence (by Realtech VR)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... it's there for anyone unsuspecting to donate some cash on top of the pay price? :D

2. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    #22 Danz060391, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    It nearly had me haha. Anyway, I've been playing this for the past half hour and its quite fun, lots of different combos and character customisation. haven't seen any sort of paywall and the items in the store are relatively low priced.
    Sadly no retina :(

3. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    #23 Lost_Deputy, Mar 15, 2013
    Graphics are great. Dialogue is terribly awesome. IAP's are unintrusive but present (the project has been in development since 2010 so chill). Gameplay is is abit fugly but fun. Huuuge character customization levels. Ability to bash fat people. Ability to be bashed by fat people. Fat People. Knives. Mustaches. Fat people with knives and mustaches.
    I love the game. Lets get behind it TA. Its ugly in some ways but who isnt. Its fun and wears its heart on its sleave:D

4. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Oh thanks for doing this mate. Kinda scary how they just pop up?!:confused:

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You forgot gameplay. Controls really sluggish. Game feels like the oldest 2010 game. I guess tons of newer brawlers spoiled me too much, but im not really liking the gameplay at all.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    So, let me see if I understand this. Folks would buy the game for $3.99, but the fact that it may be $2.99 plus $.99 to remove ads makes them completely check out on the game. Mind you, a game that would sell for quite a bit more on any other platform.

Here's a tip: If standing on principle leads you to behave in a ridiculous way, it may be time to reexamine your principles.

BTW So far I'm liking the game quite a bit. My only issue is the position of the v-stick, but from what bmamba said in the upcoming thread, a floating option is coming soon in an update. There are a few rough spots here and there, but the sheer amount of content and customization makes up for that so far. I love the contextual special moves (especially the ones involving multiple enemies). Most important in a brawler, each hit feels like it makes contact and has an impact.

7. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    He said in the next update the controls will be fixed.

8. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    After ALL this ad talk,I have a headache.Whats the verdict?Is this worth getting or not?

9. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    The ads are only in the menu, loading screen and such...
    there no ads during gameplay.

The game cost only $2,99. I took about 3 year to develop.
    If you like the game, want to support us and help founding our next game
    buy some in app purchase like the remove ads for $0,99

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #30 psj3809, Mar 15, 2013
    I said that, i kinda half meant it/kinda half joking. I just meant if i buy a paid app i dont like it if i have to then buy an IAP to get rid of the ads. I've hardly seen that before in a paid app. I meant (probably wrote it the wrong way) i dont care how much an app is, but when i buy it i dont expect to have an IAP to then remove ads. That winds me up. If people are fine with this then dont moan in the future when more and more games you buy have also an option to remove the ads.

If this was free with ads and $3 to remove the ads i'm fine with that, but when i buy a game i just dont expect to also have to pay to remove ads. Seems a bit crazy to me.

Are you honestly okay buying a paid game and then paying to remove the ads also ? Like i say thats normally how freemium/free games work not paid ones

11. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #31 worldcitizen1919, Mar 15, 2013
    Welcome to the forum.

1. You're already charging for the game
    2. You've already included IAP on top of a premium charge

To ad a 99 cent charge to remove ads is wrong and will do your business more harm than good because instead of a successful launch with focus on your game the focus has been shifted to the rightful unfairness of the extra charge for ad removal.

This is where developers shoot themselves in the foot. Going against gamers and the common culture on the App Store is not advise able. Gamers are your bread and butter. They pay your wages. If you want us to pay for your game and then also want us to pay to remove ads then we just don't buy your game and your 3 years work comes to nothing.

Gamers and what gamers will put up with matters very much. Let's say I like your game and end up buying $20 of IAP plus the game $23. But say I don't buy the game because I don't like ads in a paid game you lose $23. If 100 people do that you lose big money. What for that petty 99 cents when there's a fortune to be made?

Don't you want people to buy your game? Use IAP not ad removal and you'll get plentyof money. Toss it out so we can focus on your game and not ad removal. It's hampering your launch. If it was me I'd trash it if it was ruining my launch. That's just common sense. Gamers don't like this practice. Listen to them!!.,

I'm not even thinking of buying till you remove ads. The $2.99 already covers ad removal. If it was a free game that's different but its not.

12. vblack

vblack Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    realtech VR
    Canada
    #32 vblack, Mar 15, 2013
    The small banner will be removed in the next update (version 1.0.1), which will be available early next week. Also add floating dpad for easier control.

Anyone who bought the Ad removal, will get 10,000 CR (in game currency) when they will update the game.

Last thing: We will push a notification tomorrow, which will automatically remove the Ads as well.

13. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Gameplay can be sticky at times

14. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Not complaining as $1 extra to shut off ads didn't bother me but why did some have ads and others didn't. Was it regional?

15. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Just about to try with iCade. At least I think it's got iCade controls. Soon find out.

16. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Damn. This games sluggish. Just got the iphone and really want a couple good brawlers. If not this one which ones are good. Help please. I really love the Bruce lee fighting game. Want a good and good looking brawler though. Any recommendations guys

17. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Thanks for the info

18. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Your welcome.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze