iPad Brothers in Arms

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 1337brian, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    auto aim?

I might not buy it now

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I don't think you will regret it, I don't. I went back and started from the tutorial and having a blast so far... :D

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    That doesn't say much! :D

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I checked, no option to turn it off...

5. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    #25 parranoya, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
    hmmm

not bad ---graphics slightly under the psp version but destroys the ds version. Gunna have fun showing this at work tomorrow to all those guys who have a DS with a TOUCHSCREEN. Good enough for $10

The one bad thing is that the AI sucks ---they just stand infront of you shooting...or they run up to you ....give you their backs and start shooting at your buddies.....

but I did find out tanks can run you over and you die :p

great sound to.

6. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm going to pass on this one for now mainly because I have $16 left and I'm waiting for Rolando. I'll get it in the future espicially if it has multiplayer.

7. PHARTGAMES

PHARTGAMES Well-Known Member

Is it basically billy frontier in ww2 with a dude obscuring a third of your screen?

8. risc1

risc1 Active Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Downloading it now...I couldn't help myself!:eek: I'm not really a big shooter fan but there hasn't been any other big releases recently and I need to quench the urge...

I hope it's worth the 10 dollars!!!:eek:

9. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    For fans of star wars and kroll????!!!I didn't even realize there were fans of star wars force and kroll

10. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

HAHAHAH quoted for truth!!

11. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Any one care to post a meaningful review? I can't go to bed without knowing how awesome (crappy) this game is. Help me!!!

12. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Even if it isn't good I'm glad more big releases are coming out... Can only be good for the platform... I definitely would feel too guilty buying this... gotta wait for ngmoco's releases...

13. Is there some sort of misunderstanding here? The term "on rails" normally means that direction and movement is made for you, only giving you control over where to fire. Surely this version allows you to move around like the other formats, no?
    Are you confusing on-rails gameplay with a linear path to follow. I know this game has the latter from when I had it on the DS.

14. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    video is being uploaded.

game isn't bad. it's not "on rails" but is linear as wastedyuth describes.

arn

15. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Can't wait...

16. PHEWW! I wasn't going to buy if it was on rails. I might watch the vid first though. You have made me a little dubious when you say it "isn't bad". For £5.99 I'd expect it to be as neat as St Peters underwear drawer.

17. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    hmm i wonder when the price goes down.

18. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

wow, just wow. The game hasn't even been out for two hours and you are expecting a price drop?

19. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Hey guys, I'm trying to cut down on buying apps. The game looks really nice and it's the first *real* paid FPS. the game definitely looks to be worth it for some people. But, the question is "Is the game worth $10 if i'm trying to stop buying as many apps?"is it a game that I wouldn't be missing much if I didn't buy? Or would it be worth it to me to buy?

If you could help me out that'd be great

Thanks

20. To be honest, I really don't mind paying £5.99 for this, so long as it plays better than the DS version, where gameplay suffered from a low framerate and the low resolution of the DS screen. If the framerate is smoother and the controls are good, I will buy, as I know there is a sufficient amount of levels to warrant the price.