Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Foursaken media, have you thought of updating the Insectopedia with counters for the other six characters? Rereading again after some more game experience in worthwhile, but it would be good to see what works best on each insect with the new character's skills.

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Is there any news about the new update, btw?

3. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Ugh, I should never have created a name for this forum with a period in it - I keep getting problems logging in, and actually got booted out for 15 minutes (could still read but not post).

Yeah, just got the Gladiator award for termite. That makes my fourth character: first spider, then stickbug, then ant, and now termite. Colisseum is good for getting the # of bug kill awards too, as I have not played very much with termite, but finished it in my one try with him on the tree trunk level.

Earlier in this thread (which I have been trying to read through for days...), someone mentioned how they thought that stickbug would not get very far in the Colisseum - but I think he was the easiest so far, with his freeze, lightning, and earthquake abilities. Termite is cool with his turrets. Though it would be a challenge to figure out how to get far on Hard, as you cannot choose as many abilities because you don't live as long.

4. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Would anyone be willing to tackle going through each character's abilities and stating which ones ALSO have a passive effect? For example, I just found out that Goggles gives you a zoomed out view even when not in active use - so I would never need to buy teleport to check the map out (unless I need a quick escape or move that Anthole and other character's teleports do not cover). I was playing termite earlier (I think it was him - or else ant) and unexpectedly found one of his abilities had a passive effect too.

Different concept, but elsewhere in this thread someone mentioned that Superior Assassin also effected whatever other character you switch to once it is activated. What other abilities do this? - I realize some do the opposite, ie. The ones that are obviously stated in the item description ingame (some specifically state that their effect works only while that character is the active character, etc.). This type of info would be helpful.

5. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    #3345 K?!, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
    Eventually, the Bug Heroes wiki should list everything. I'll make a page and I encourage everyone to add to it.

Edit: Here.

6. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    I feel stupid asking this, but what does AOE stand for? It is used so often in this thread but I am not sure what it means exactly.

7. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Area of Effect. Beetle's attacks have a wide AOE, which means he can attack a large group of bugs the same time.

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I am currently on Round 120 on Normal Kitchen with Fly, Termite and Beetle! :D And still going strong!!! I'll let ya'll know how it ends. haha.

9. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    WHAT!!! A challenger to the oxynidus throne? good luck kid

10. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    hahah!!! I don't know if I'm that good, but I'd say I'm ready to tackle Hard now! :D and thanks!

11. COHagan23

COHagan23 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    I think Oxynidus only plays on Hard difficulty. I think the iPod Gen 12 would come out before he would finish a game on Easy or Normal.

Still, quite the good show.

12. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I was just thinking the same thing. I tried hard a couple of times when I first got BH. What a humiliating experience that was. Haven't touched hard since.

But, I just finished a game on garden (normal) where I got to round 160-something. Damn, some of those rounds are crazy when you get way up there... like the ones where the round gets really focused on one type of enemy. There was one where the caterpillar/butterflies just kept stacking up one after another. I had no chance of finding them all fast enough. I did make it through that one... what finally got me was picking up the game this morning while still sleepy.

13. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    don't get to cocky kid many have challenged the great oxynidus few if any have survived.

14. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    don't be i was wondering the same.

15. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    what round did you die on?

16. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Area of effect.

17. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    I thought all passive abilities kicked in whenever you purchase one - whether you have it chosen or not. Isn't that how most of them work? My Goggle effect went out when it was not chosen though, until I re-eqipped it.

18. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    no, you have to equip them.

19. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    This game looks great. I'll have to pick it up soon for sure!

20. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yeah, for abilities with "passives" it specifically says "while equipped, you get blah blah blah, use in battle to blah blah blah"... we made sure to be as consistent and clear as possible with the descriptions.

Well, you've got nothing to lose bc its free :) And by free, I mean free (not a lite version)... there is some IAP content but you get the FULL, original game entirely for free.