Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #3361 GodSon, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

3. The update is already out.

What's New in Version 2.1
    Edit: Ninja'd. >_<

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Freaking awesome update omgggggg. Nice work, definitely, and thanks.

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Wow, the Living Room level is pretty MASSIVE in size, and I'm loving the open-area! Thanks for another awesome update!!! ;)

6. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    So open - changes the dynamics completely. Either I was too busy shooting things to notice the top of my screen, or there were several times Centipedes came without warnings. Got # 2 on the boards! Of course, that won't last very long, but it was my moment of glory.

I noticed that the flea shotgunner was unlocked in the Insectopedia before I played the level. Tried the new tower. Seems good so far - I can see how it would balance out the magnifier one.

One thing was creepy: when the queen ant's army was all chasing after me at night. I had ant's goggles and could see all of them as far as I could see, glowing evilly (or at least, with a glowing ring around them) in the dark. ;)

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Awesome! Time to play this again.

8. J-kid

J-kid Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    AMAZING NEWS! Was lost in update news but praying mantis coming no matter what here is the post straight from facebook

9. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Amazing news indeed!

10. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    @foursaken_media

why does it say on the facebook wall that the mantis hero will be released regardless of if the goal is reached, but yet on the other page it says there are 500,000 votes anyway?

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Finally some real nice update for the week! Thanks a lot.

12. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Because the other part hasn't been updated yet.

I've heard the whispers... is it true that the alternative Praying Mantis skin is a *gasp* platypus?

13. Deth4U2

Deth4U2 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    As in Perry the Platypus?

14. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    No, it's just an old joke.

15. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    #3375 Oxynidus, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
    An idea: How about make Elephant Snail Rifle generate extra money when killing something? Since, you know, it's a hunting rifle, and hunting can be done for a living. Long shot, but still. :D

A funny thought just occurred to me. Does it do bonus damage to Elephant Snails?

Does Grasshopper passively generate extra food without Miracle Worker? Or am I experiencing a coincidence?

16. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Or maybe make them stronger. :eek:

17. SSoG

SSoG Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    I think that having a teleport might just be the single most mandatory skill in the entire game. Unlimited utility- it's great for offense (teleport on top of a problem enemy and unleash with the damage skills), it's great for defense (instant "undo" button if you do something stupid and get yourself surrounded), and it's good for scouting (activating teleport pauses the game and zooms out to let you look around for food or quest items. If you don't see them, cancel the teleport and resume your search).

How do you usually lose- losing all your heroes, or losing all your food? If it's losing your heroes, them stick with guns in your base. If it's losing your food, then get a forcefield.

Eh, I have a feeling Mantis was always going to come no matter what. It would have been silly for them to do all the design work and then just not implement it. With that said, I don't begrudge Foursaken the nice marketing campaign in the slightest. Anything to get the word out.

18. J-kid

J-kid Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Just curious but are the skins coming for free or an iap

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    1 dollar IAP, if my recollection serves (which, to my mind, is *very* generous). Also, the IAP will only unlock the skins for those heroes you already own previously, naturally.

20. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #3380 WCFields, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
    It's just unbelievable how many seige maggots that come out at once (living room map) as you progress. Died on round 21 (first time playing it) killed 1 centipede on round 20 only to have to face 2 at the same time on round 21. Anyone have any turrets set ups tips for the living room map yet?