Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #3421 GodSon, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
    Yep. $0.99 for the pack.

Just to end this Sunday on a good note:

[​IMG]

Looks like Mantis(FREE as promised) could possibly be submitted as soon as next week! :D

Source

2. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Yeah! Got the four machine gun achievement, and just missed levelling up all characters to level 15 (one was still at level 14 - boohoo!).

Looks like Garden is the easiest for these achievements. Small enough level to explore easily, and easy enough to carry out the nasty bug quests when you got Nuke! Over an hour of playing with just enough baddies to make it a challenge - until I ran out of food - went out with a nuke though. The nuke went off a half second before it registered that all my food was gone.

Fm, is there a limit on how many Gamecenter achievements a game could have? Will you have achievements for the alternate skin characters?

Now what to do next? Catch up on one of my favourite tv shows or a little more of Bug Heroes to see if I can get the other tower achievements? Hm, I feel a little buggy...

3. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Living Room is crashing on me every time in round 7. probably something to do with a new enemy...

4. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #3424 Leothwyn, May 30, 2011
    Yeah, my last game ended when there was a huge scorpion-fest at around round 24. The previous game went to round 29, and I don't remember having such a problem with so many scorpions. Do you get the same enemies each time at each round, or is it random?

5. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #3425 explosive, May 30, 2011
    The other maps generally have the same enemies for most round but this new level seems to be really random on rounds 20+.

1st game I had loads of small scorpions then later mixed with lots of vampire bugs.

2nd game was absolutely brutal with 2 giant scorpions then at round 29, 5 Queen Ants spawned with a large number of other bugs. :eek: If your unlucky enough to get this your screwed.

3rd game was much easier as this time I got about 4 elephant snails mixed with some smaller bugs.

6. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#3426 Foursaken_Media, May 30, 2011
    Interesting... I'll double check the spawns but all the levels are completely random after round 20.

edit: only 1/38 different spawns could be giant scorpions (and even then its 1/60 seconds), and there is also 1 small scorpion option... so it would be VERY rare to get a bunch of scorpions at once... and even then it shouldn't be all that bad. There is only one Queen Ant option and she spawns once every 50 seconds (about).

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

8. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    Interesting stuff about the spawns, seems I had amazingly bad luck on that second game lol.

Since your here I wanted to ask about the new charger turret, how much of a damage boost does each level provide?

9. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Missing Bugs?

For some reason Im missing four bugs between Spider Weber and Flea Shotgunner in the insectopedia. I cant tell if this is a glitch or I just forgot to play one of the levels. Can anyone tell me what they are?

Anyway, the new level is great! I just got 5th place on hard. The entire map was swarmed with ant warriors and 3 ant queens. I have no clue how oxy got to level 73... thats ridiculous lol. Cant wait for the mantis!! Btw foursaken, when Bug Heroes Quest is released are you still planning on updating the original Bug heroes?

10. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Said they have 2 to 3 major updates coming up.

I can't wait to get my hands on Bruce Flea. I can already picture myself kicking an elephant snail off the edge with the little flea. lol.

By the way, will you be fixing the ability names? Like Hopper Kick, for example.

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    - Spider Beast
    - Grub Spider
    - Ant Necromancer
    - Fungus Zombie

Insectopedia

12. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    FM, I noticed that the achievements I get on one device do not show up on the other when they both have the same account. They do show up within Gamecenter, but not ingame (ie. When you access the Heroes, scrolls, etc.). I realize some are based on game progress - but it would be nice to have my Ipad register that I got the Colisseum ahievement for Ant or my ipod touch register that I got all four machine gun towers at max.

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I thought the same thing a while back until I realized their based off your in-game profiles. GC saves your overall from it's profile, but the in-game ones are separate(i.e. I have several in-game profiles because family and friends also play on their own profiles which is good because they can build off their saves, leaderboards, unlocks, etc). So even if you have the same profile name for both profiles on separate devices(I play on both iTouch 4 and iPad 2); they will be separate in-game profiles, yet the same under your GC account. Hope that made some since...

I agree though, I wish I could do the same, but I also understand why it isn't possible at the moment and it's actually a good thing if other people play BH on any of your devices because you can create a profile for them so you can always pick up where you left off. ;)

14. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    I have a suggestion concerning the Scouter turret. I think one thing that would make it more attractive is if it not only pointed you towards quest objects and food, but if it also pointed you with a red arrow towards boss bugs, such as Grub Launchers, Caterpillars, Giant Spiders...etc. How does that sound?

By the way, I find that the most important factor in choosing heroes in Adventure are their game-changing (killer) abilities, such as:

Earthquake, Nuke, Earthquake Jump, Fortify, Howitzer, Pick-Pocket, Shockwave and Food Cultivator.

The reason I have such trouble utilizing Ladybug and Hopper are the fact that they possess no such abilities. When the map becomes crowded with enemies, they become pretty helpless. Though Hopper has some decent AOE abilities, they don't approach the usefulness of any of the abilities mentioned above. It's also why I don't use Spider anymore, even though she is considerably more useful IMO because of her superb mobility and abilities like Superior Assassin, Assassin Bomb and Spider Web.

Currently, I think the most useful hero in Adventure is Stick, aside from Fly.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    In absence of dev approval, that suggestion has got my vote! I wouldn't mind adding yet another function for the scouting turret, if one can be found.

One of the few things I ever amounted to where Bug Heroes is concerned is speaking up for poor Stick long before he was famous ;) His abilities are so durned varied and useful, and even his main attack can be a potent weapon against BOTH groups (thanks to the explosive effect and high damage) and armoured, health-endowed targets (probably just thanks to the very high damage/Focus skill). Relying almost solely on Stick for base defense is actually a viable strategy for me, though that might speak more for my limited skills than Stick's usability ;)

16. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    sent.

17. terelin

terelin Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Not wanting to whine, but does anyone find that the difficulty of the game seems to have increased since the last update?

I could regularly get to about round 30 on normal, highest being about 100+ on normal before the update, but since the update I can't seem to break round 10 >.<

My heroes are generally ok, but I just get overwhelmed with all the siege bugs decimating my food stash.. Is it just me? (was the nerf to fly's spinning shot really so bad? Cos that's the only thing I can think of that would affect me..)

18. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    Spinning shot almost does no damage now. Y'need to start looking for a substitute.

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks, got them.

We have not touched the difficulty at all... directly at least. In fact the only thing we did was make Easier mode easier. Granted, we did nerf Spinning Shot, but keep in mind we balanced it to be what it was always supposed to be -- a defensive "clear out" weapon. Before, Fly had an arsenal of offensive weaponry that rivaled even Spider, which was never the intention. He was supposed to be a solid all around ranged hero with money support abilities, which we think he is closer to being now.

That being said, I can't possibly see how nerving Spinning Shot's damage could make you go from round 100+ to not being able to beat round 10... unless Spinning Shot was literally that overpowered to where all anyone would do is spam it (which is probably actually true :p)

Let me know how things go after a few more games (and trying some new strategies to replace Spinning Shot).

P.S. because of some issues people are having with some shader changes, we're working double time to get the next update out... which will include the Praying Mantis hero :) Look for a submit sometime in the next week!

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Will next week's update submission include the additional character skins? Any word on a timeframe for that?