Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#441 Foursaken_Media, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks Wilbar, Daviddes and Dyelon for the thoughts and opinions.

Hehe I think you guys should just agree to disagree. The reality is the game was by no means designed for the competitive people at the top of the leaderboard but the option to play competitively exists. The leaderboards were added long after we created the basic gameplay. In the end, this is the style of game that we chose to make, and we understand it can't please everyone. We will do what we can to appease as many people as possible by adding what we can, but you have to understand we aren't going to be able to remake the entire game at this point.

Not to mention the game will get better and deeper as more content is released (new heroes -- choose 3 out of x amt of heroes... will create a sort of part system feel -- new levels, new enemies, and new equipment. we're also investigating feasible ways to add some more persistence).

@ Art -- the Cat does indeed attack anything in its way, so you can filter enemies into its paws. The Robot is the same way with its melee kicks, but will occasionally stop to shoot at just your hero. But even the bullets can be taken advantage of to hit other enemies. There is nothing better then when a huge group of giant siege grubs runs right into the path of the robot and he kicks the crap out of them ;) The robot will turn off at night automatically.

2. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
  3. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

YES! Update was just approved... should be ready to download in a few minutes/hours (depending on Apple)!

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Just shattered high score on kitchen normal.

5. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Oh wow just peeped your score... not bad for a beginner :p Just wait until I get a chance to submit my score though :D

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    tell

7. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    64 rounds, most impressive.

My best is 24.

8. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Just got the update, seems good so far :)

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Round 64 on kitchen normal. Devs should not be able to post scores. Lmaooo

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Hallelujah! Let us know if you come across ANY issues still... right now we're shifting focus to new content, Game Center support, and some other things ;)

@ fastbridge -- Haha, I don't even know if I can beat that score! Now I must... I will!! btw I think its time you move to hard :p

11. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Wow! That was quick!

How do you guys do it? That was some seriously fast tweaking! Thanks guys. Your game is awesome and I really hope you guys get massive sucsess and get really really rich. The video game business needs more minds and dedication like yours. I hope you guys make full blown big title console games soon. Also on a different note you guys are brothers right? That is really cool that you guys are able to work together and want to. As a parent of two little boys I understand the importance of brothers and it shows in your work. Great game, fast support and incredible creativity. I look forward to all your future projects.

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks DtheGOPkiller, we really appreciate it! Yeah we were so disappointed with all the crap that crept up on release we basically worked all day for the next 3 days to get these fixes out asap... theres nothing worse then having all this unexpected mess rise up on a game that we have put so much into. If anyone runs into any future issues, we'll be sure to get them fixed just as quick!

As for us bros, yeah its really been great. We all have that "mind link" and somehow we have the perfect combination of abilities to create games ;)

13. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Round 64 is mind boggling lol

I still haven't made it past 20 on any difficulty.

I think I have a good strategy, every things going fine, then boom, I just manage to finish one more round, and after that I can't recover, and I'm dead.

I usually use two snipers, a firecracker, and a zapper, alternating between upgrading those, and hero's abilities, but to no avail.

One thing I did find really useful though, is using beetle to knock enemies off the edge, I never knew you could do that.

14. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    That's like the coolest thing to do with Beetle! I've made it to 50,000 XP and all I did was switch Magnifier with firecracker, which is a cool turret but not something you can rely on.

15. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    controllng weapons

first off... great game!

the thing that is giving me the most problems right now is controlling the beetle and spider's weapons.... I just move my thumb around almost randomly... what is the mechanic for controlling the weapons?

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Its the same as Ants weapon... just point in the direction you want them to attack, and hold it there until their animation finishes. The key I suppose is to just make sure you are continuously holding the right analog stick towards the enemies you want to kill.

17. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    ooh okay, that should help. thanks.

18. dizzyjw

dizzyjw Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    64 :eek: i've tried all kinds of strategies and just can't seem to make it past 20 on easy. I saw where some of you were talking about defense waves, and that not every wave goes after your food. Is that true? Dang... i should've noticed that earlier... Now i gotta go get my ipad again... :D

19. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Indeed. On non defense waves you should be finding food, questing or killing tough enemies.

20. dizzyjw

dizzyjw Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010

Is there a way to tell the difference? How often do defense come?