Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    why? Whyyyyyy???!?!?!

EDIT: WTF it wont let me do it in all caps

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    If I force quit the app so it can't save (apps can take up to five seconds after they're quit to save progress, even on first-gen devices) It'll only have saved my progress up to a few seconds before I die. So I could post twice (but I doubt that's what's happening here).

3. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Jamie, what happened here?
    My ant is the lowest leveled of all my heroes but he's considered my favorite... Do you use a different ranking system?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, 1 hour, 1 minute, 1 second is incredibly boss. I would have killed myself if I died a second later:p

4. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

This is actually quite possible... favorite character is based exclusively off of time played now. Since turrets don't give your heroes xp, its quite likely you were Ant for a good period of time defending while the turrets did most of the killing?

5. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Yes, that's exactly what happened.

6. Naorioto

Naorioto Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Why can't i revive my heroes? :O
    I don't have revive under my hero picture

7. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    You can't revive in Hard.

8. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Other arena suggestions:

Dumpster

"The food is plentiful - as are the enemies"

Desert (hardcore-only. Full of scorpions)

9. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    Man, Scorpions are such a pain. The main problem is that by the time you notice them you're already stung, especially if they're coming from the south. But aside from that, they're pleasantly challenging.

10. Nullroar

Jan 6, 2010
    Munich
    I'm cool with Scorps. I just can't stand slugs (especially when the acid is hanging in the air over you, as you are about to dodge, and then the wave stops so it pauses and the joysticks go neutral and you won't be able to dodge in time when it restarts).

^^ Nice run-on right there.

I also hate those damn grub launchers, mainly because slugs and/or roaches always seem to spawn en masse and block my way. over to them.

11. action3500

action3500 Member

Jan 7, 2011

Yeah, it does not make much sense. Sure, MGs is the only reason I hit 80+ on normal kitchen, but in comparison, these are the only useful guns past level 40 or so.

If I don't have few MGs in the mix, there's no way you can manage all those small incoming bugs.

At the end of the day it's all about outputting consistent damage on crowds, and rest of the guns simply don't have that. Be it Magnifier that works half the time and is very slow, Laser which is even more useless or Firecracker which only looks menacing, but actually does more bad than good.

12. Nullroar

Jan 6, 2010
    Munich
    I have faith that Foursaken will bring everything into balance so that it is all viable. I can't remember the last time i've been so excited for game updates.

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#953 Foursaken_Media, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    Don't worry, some might say I am obsessed with balance, no matter what type of game it is haha... You'd be surprised at how much I still play and tweak values to this day to try to make everything perfect ;)

Anyway, MG's main nerf was mainly their range, not their damage. So the biggest change will be that you have to make a conscious effort to fight near your Food Stash if you want their support and they wont be dishing out their damage for 20 minutes as an enemy walks up, as opposed to now where a lvl 5 MG turret bombs across half the map :p

Firecracker turrets have been buffed as well... they should be a formidable option now. At level 2 they can now decimate entire groups of fleas in 1 hit (before it took lvl 4 to do that). Sniper turret upgrades were buffed a bit as well in the damage department, though personally I always found them useful.

14. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I don't quite remember if the firecracker towers also push your character back when they explode, but if they do I think a good way to make them a little bit of a more viable option is if you were to have them not push your hero back but still push the enemies back, that way they would be a lot more helpful. Cant wait for the update!

15. iqzombies

iqzombies Member

Nov 1, 2010
  16. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    They push you back but don't harm you.

Can't say that's a surprise. Dead Space was the closest iOS has to a console game even if Bug Heroes has more content and play time. Only two decent games came out this month.

17. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    #957 Osmiral, Feb 1, 2011
    I have a newfound respect for the beetle, it was a horrible game for me and somehow my ant and spider died at round 14, so I only had the beetle left to fight of hordes of bugs, and I must say he is a lot more powerful then I had first thought, with all of his different stunning abilities and his squash-em ability he is a beast! It still wasn't an awesome game for me but I made it all the way to round 21 which I think was pretty good considering that I only had the beetle. It was kinda funny though, at the near end of the game I got the quest for only playing the beetle for 3:00 minutes which is kinda ironic because my other heroes were dead:D Anyway, awesome game!!!

EDIT: Oh and I don't know if this has been brought to your attention or fixed in the upcoming update, but if you slide your finger across your skill buttons they activate which is sometimes really annoying when in the heat of the moment you accidentally activate squash-em with only little bugs surrounding you and then right after a big bug comes.

EDIT2:
    I knew they didn't harm you but it seems a little detrimental since they also push you back. But on the other hand I don't really know cause I only tried them once.
    EDIT2:

18. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    I notice the game becomes slow after Round 40 or 50, even on Hard. Right now I'm up to round 80 in Office (Hard), and I'm kinda getting tired. Is there a way I can prove that I didn't cheat? :D

19. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Screenshots should be good enough. And the fact that your total points match your round number is enough to get most fake scores removed. Also, have you posted your strategy? Round 80 on hard is really good.

20. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#960 Foursaken_Media, Feb 1, 2011
    You know, I actually agree with this... in all honest we NEVER intended people to last more then round 40-50, especially on hard -- round 20-30 was supposed to be the average "good" score. The game really was not designed to be played for more then 1-1.5 hours... I'm thinking about very slightly increasing the difficulty ramp up after round 20 on all modes... thoughts?