Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Check the survival guide, I have a nice section at the bottom.

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    What 5!!!? its either 3rd / a total of 7 turrets

Siggy Worth!

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    If you would have read back to page 177, you would have seen where I posted a rough of the actual turret positions: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1622845&postcount=1768

What you quoted was referring to the positions on the menu screen. I tried using underscore in for the middle, but it wasn't even so I posted dashes instead. People following the conversation knew what I meant(though it was rough as I stated) but this may give you a better picture of both ideas so you can better understand and sorry about the confusion:

Option#1 with "Support Turret" button layout going across the middle (per the rough scratch up you quoted):
    [​IMG]

Option#2 with "Support Turret" button right smack in the middle:
    [​IMG]

I hope it's better understanding to you(and anyone else) with a bit more clarification. I dont mind you keeping the "sig" though its out of context; it's all love. It was just a thought going off ninjackid's idea that sounded pretty good. I just had the picture painted in my head of what it could look like on both the game (see link provided/explanation from page 177) and what it would look like on the menu because iirc someone(maybe Foursaken_Media) said it would be too small to work in the Menu to buy it; referring to a 5th turret option that would strictly a slot for a support turret.

Just a thought but like I said...I love the game as is and what ever gets implemented I'm sure I will love and enjoy as well because Foursaken_Media has made a solid game and there really isn't anything I dont like. :)

4. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Woah, I was just playing and was the shoulder turret updated to always be active or something? I haven't used it in awhile, but I thought I remembered that before when I had bought it it was an active skill only, or is it different in collosium mode?

5. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    @Osmiral, Shoulder turret is active in Collesium & adventure mode... It always have been (@least since I bough it :) )
    @GodSon, Tht clarifies it!
    I have never been able to catch up with this EVER Growing thread, also I am VERY late for this party, Thanks for helping me out there! :)

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Whoa I hadn't been there in a while. You really updated it with new stuff! :D

7. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Can't seem to make past round 24 (normal mode) the scorpions are really giving me a hard time. Went down in later rounds but got surrounded by 5 scorpions( not kidding 5) if anyone has any tips for dealing with the scorpions,I'd really appreciate it. thanks

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Get them close to your base, keep a safe distance, activate BBG(if available) and hopefully they're bunched up:

- Stun as many as you can with either Gauntlet(recommended for the invincibility), Shield, Stampede, or Earthquake. Skills for fast kill after stunning would be Assassin cut, Howitzer, and Assassin Bomb(Burrow Mines/Plasma Cannon is good for splash but will have slightly smaller damage effect in comparison) and whatever else you have while they're stunned. BBG will help you out big during that time.

9. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I feel you! I can't seem to make it higher than 25 on normal myself.

I usually just stay at the base and let the turrets help me out. And I use ant when they're far away, usually his lucky shots keep them at bay until the turrets finish them off.

10. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    In my experience, the best way to deal with scorpions is to kite them on a Spider Web and let the turrets do the damage. Other things that are really useful against scorpions are: Circling them while using Superior Assassin, Adrenalin + Shockwave, Fully upgraded Ant + Entrench, Execute to knock them away, Warrior Gauntlet, Assassin Bomb, and stun locking them with a fully upgraded Beetle with Colossus.

11. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    [​IMG]

This. You must rely on MG turrets to take down Scorpions. There are other ways, but MG's should take down 9 out of 10 scorps.

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thank you all very much! I appreciate the help.

13. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Alright, back from some business I had to take care of for the past few days, hence the "radio silence" recently.

Anyway, the best news is that we have made a huge breakthrough in fixing the remaining crashes people have been experiencing... this includes random game crashes and crashing when trying to submit your score. They were all related to a single thing that had to do with some deep Apple code, but we were able to work around it to hopefully eliminate all remaining crashes.

Also, we've created a data backup system, which will ensure that you will -- theoretically -- never lose your data, unless of course you reformat your device, delete the game, or something like that... should anything like a major crash ever happen for whatever reason, it will boot up and read the backup data and you'll be good to go.

And I just wanted to briefly touch on support turrets. I know someone said they think they would always opt for 4 offensive turrets instead, but the idea is that the new support turrets are balanced to give you the same effectiveness as 4 turrets, in a different way. They are really meant to give some variety in how you can play the game.

For ex one of the new turrets is a Mushroom Turret. It will spawn the Tree Stump mushrooms right near you base every x amount of time. If you don't remember, those Tree Stump mushrooms can be VERY powerful when fully grown. This turret is designed to perfectly compliment those players who want to actively use their heroes more. Theoretically you can be dishing out just as much damage as if you had a 4th turret, only the damage will now be coming from your heroes instead.

14. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    thanks jaime.. i restored from back up and got eqipment back.....i just purchased a ipad 2 and i noticed when playing it there is a kind of widescreen effect going....am i doing something wrong? theres about a quater inch off ther top and bottom of screen...

welcome back

15. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    Ooh, that sounds cool. Though, I imagine those mushrooms would be really bad if you're up against those spikey bugs. :p

16. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    #1776 Oxynidus, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
    Nice. Though I imagine the mushrooms would be really bad for you if you were up against these spikey bugs. :p

17. Dyelon

Dyelon Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Foursaken...

Approximately how long until the update w/ the new heroes??

Im dying to play it!

18. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    End of March.

Mushroom turret sounds cool, but I doubt it'll be as effective as MG turrets. None of the other turrets are close to countering MGs with the possible exception of a single Magnifier turret.

Also, I had a cool glitch where I was playing as Beetle and Spider at the same time, but it was probably related to... you know.

19. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

meh... MG turrets, schemG turrets... things have just such awful range I'm not a huge fan anymore. I think they finally have a strong enough drawback to warrant getting other turrets. With zappers doing respectable damage in an AOE AND slowing down larger enemies to allow me to strafe them easier, that is my new tower of choice ;)

Also Firecracker turrets have been "fixed"... found an unintentional design flaw where their AOE damage would fade to the edges of their explosions, so not only would enemies really only take relevant damage in the center, but they would also only get knocked when in the relative center. Now they do max damage and knockback to everything under the explosion, which is a big explosion ;)

20. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    It seems to me the designers are aware of the players preferences and are taking that into account in (re)balancing turrets to make the less popular choices more effective.