iPad Bug Heroes Quest by Foursaken Media -- casual action/adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Aug 2, 2011.

1. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Yeah thanks for that. I promise that wasn't my email. And sorry, he isn't a TA member. He's more of a League of Legends type gamer, but he plays on is itouch sometimes.

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Cool. I'll pm you in a sec. ;)

3. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    like always interesting and polished game from fm devs, but that constant spawning of weak enemies is actually quite annoying.

4. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    #44 Stan, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    I tweeted that I was gonna buy it, then I literally passed out for an hour (no not drunk), and if it was another game, I would accept it from GodSon, but I love this game too much to not contribute personally :D

There aren't any iAP that will be added in the future right? Me no like iAP.

5. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Thank you Godson!

6. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    #46 Mr. Grizzly, Aug 3, 2011
    First five regular members to pm me (including the one I already pmed) will get a gift of this game. I am not sure how it works - if I need your email address, please include that, and please give me a few minutes to reply back before you go and buy it. I would hate to be gifting a game you already bought in the meantime.

Why am I doing this? Frankly, Bug Heroes is one of my alltime favourite games, and I have been soooooo waiting for this one.

P.S. I will delete your pm and email address right after you confirm you received the gift (if you are one of the five), so you don't have to worry about me spamming you or anything like that.

7. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Bug heroes is making the world a better place haha

8. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Noted, thanks. We'll see what others say.

Dang you and Godson gifting out copies left and right! -- someone tell me Bug Heroes fans aren't the best :D

9. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    #49 Stan, Aug 3, 2011
    Damn, it won't install. It's stuck. :/

Anyone have that link to the amazing strategy tutorial that a forum member posted in the BH thread?
    Not the one that K?! made, the one with strategy hints.

10. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Well, I'm at least glad that you can play as the main characters with other character cameos. It would be a nice addition to be able to choose from among all the characters to be the main character, maybe an iap? anyway, whatever the case I'm sure I'll love it...purchasinnnnnggggggggggg.......now!

11. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Maybe try restarting your device. If you have to redownload it, you won't be charged again.

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #52 GodSon, Aug 3, 2011
    No prob, i hope he enjoys. ;)

I know how you feel. Bug Heroes is still my iOS GOTY and nothing has come remotely close to how much that game has hooked me. This is the least I can do because if Bug Heroes were on say 3DS, PSP, Xbox live, etc... I'd gladly pay the full price in a heart beat!

Np, enjoy! ;)

+1 to that! :)

Sure is and a day earlier than I thought. Very thankful atm.

We should be thanking you FM for continuing the series, and adding one of the things a lot of us wanted...a story! Funny, I still remember getting Bug Heroes based solely off you guys promising GC in an upcoming update with no knowledge of the game itself...just the pics and trailer in the thread. The rest was history and a whooooooole lot of time spent playing, spec'ing, and loving everything about Bug Heroes in it's entirety. ;)

13. Tom261

Tom261 Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I'd like a gift :p

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    One by one, all those titles I've been waiting for arrive. Deadlock is here, and Warm Gun, Empire of the Eclipse and Starbase Orion are all heading right at us. But nevermind the others. BHQ has topped that list for a long, long time...

Who knew I'd inspire such an idea in you fellas when I said that I actually liked Bug Heroes' world and story, and would like to see more? :p

Just curious, before I finally fire it up and go away for an unspecified set of hours: I read in the upcoming thread that there were no new abilities beyond the new weapon upgrades. What happened to Ant's Chosen one (and possible similar ultimate skills for Spider and Beetle)?

Not that I complain, mind you. With BH's already massive skill set, new weapons that were never meant to be wielded by insects, and the promise of level up skills going all the way up to ten, there seems to be more character customization than you can shake a stickbug at...

15. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yeah, those are all there... but those are passive skills which are improved as you level up (which you can customize of course, once you find a Skill Master ;)).

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Aha, that's were them sneaky little buggers went to hide. More passives? I really, really don't mind...

Going away now. Catch you all on the flipside.

17. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    #57 Stan, Aug 3, 2011
    Finally! It stopped "installing". This game is so fun :) I'm so happy there's a story now...that was the one missing part to making a completely flawless game. I wish you could put this up on the 3ds eshop or xbla, I think it'll sell well. (hell what do I know i'm no dev)

Does anybody know the link to the post with a bunch of strategy tips for the original BH that a TA member made?

18. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Bad news - I guess I can only gift the game to someone in Canada. Just tried it for someone down south and he can't use the gift.

If you are a Canadian and want this game asap, pm me.

19. DAV!DiOT

DAV!DiOT Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    would it be possible for you guys to add damage numbers, or at least an option for them to show up, in the original BH like you have in quest? i think it would help a lot in the original.

20. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    #60 Joshnsuch, Aug 3, 2011
    Grizzly, I sent you a pm about it.

EDIT: Well damn. I just saw that you said you are in the Canada app store and I am in the U.S. one. Oh well, no problem. Thanks for sounding willing, at least.