Bug Heroes Quest! -- story based action/adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    #41 Oxynidus, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
    Btw, LOVE the icon. Like, really. Quite mesmerizing. But now that I think about it, where are the rest of her eyes? (That is Spider, right?)

That's bug blood. I think it's a nice touch.

The original Bug Heroes icon needs changing IMO. It doesn't do the game justice. Use Beetle instead of Ant or something (more badass-looking, and hence more appealing to people looking for a "cool" game).

I wonder if we get to duel with Ladybug in some kind of arena. That would be interesting.

2. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Yeah, she does make a comment about "do you know how many tournaments I've won?" Would make an interesting encounter and battle.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Can you say "NY Zombies cross-over"?!?

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    But the Necromancer Bug already spawns Zombie Bugs. :p

5. Seitrie

Seitrie Member

Jun 6, 2011
    This. I made an account just to support this because you are one of my favorite developers. When doing my daily sorting through apps to potentially purchase, the icon is the first thing I use to filter out the junk (that plus looking at who the developer is). Your icon as it is is decent, but when I first saw it back in January or February, it didn't exactly sell me. I did look at your screenshots which is my next step, and was intrigued, but the icon just kept me away. It just doesnt stand out enough Eventually I did purchase a few weeks later and am glad I did.

Had beetle been the icon's mascot, I probably would have been more inclined to make an immediate purchase despite my skepticism with new TD games at the time. Updated icons also bring in more new downloaders thinking either, ooh cool new look, or, hey they update.

Out of the the other characters, Fly (and Bruce Flea, although we can't vote for him) would probably be the most interesting, not only because he is the most popular character in terms of usage, but also because the bandit backstory could potentially be very interesting. Not to mention that he states he is a hardened veteran of Kitchen. What led up to that?

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sooo... any news on this?

7. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Just finished up most of the major new 3D modeling :) Now its really just polish, story, and all the inbetweens like music, etc :) Its coming along quite nicely! Hopefully we can release a video in a few weeks, though of course anyone familiar with Bug Heroes will already have a general feel for Quest.

8. ojlk

ojlk Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Can't wait for this one. I'm a big fan of Bug Heroes (but who isn't).

9. zim804

zim804 Member

Dec 29, 2010
    New Jersey
    Id love to know more about mantis. there was NO backstory for him!

10. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    I skipped over the word video and got so hyped. Damn lol

11. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    My sister saw the Bug Heroes Quest icon. She never played Bug Heroes, but she said something like: "The ninja looks awesome!"

12. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    Will there be any in app purchases?

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Haha that is always a good sign :)

No, the game will come completely finished, as is. The possibility of major IAP addons will basically be determined in the future, depending on the games success. But at 60+ in depth missions, pages and pages of dialog, etc... the game will be quite complete right on release! Especially for $.99 :)

14. Jailjal

Jailjal Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Excited

For the extra heroes, could you do a bit of each but focus on other's or your interests? I'm thinking... Ladybug and Fly and Termite.

15. Jailjal

Jailjal Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Imo

Same, all the characters are intruging.

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    How's the video coming? I can't wait for this!!! :D

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We're really trying to push and finish up the core of the game, so once that's done I'll have some time to do an official trailer ;)

But anyway, progress is going great, right on schedule. The game is actually a bit more massive then we expected, with thousands of lines of dialog and some pretty in depth missions! I think BHQ will hit a really good balance as a "lite" RPG/action/adventure game...

Again though, as of right now, we're still hoping to submit mid July :)

18. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    so is this just basically a campaign mode of bug heroes with coliseum? if it is, can you please add good dialogue? the dialogue in the original bug heroes was really cheesy, because there a bunch of !!!!!!! and it seemed a bit childish...

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Interesting, thanks for the input... But actually on the contrary we've gotten a lot of very positive feedback about the Bug Heroes dialog/"story" and universe from a pretty large variety of people, which is one of the main reasons we are making Bug Heroes Quest in the first place! :D Also to my surprise we also got a lot of negative feedback when we didn't include any dialog or story about the new Praying Mantis hero :p

But anyway, the story and dialog in BHQ are essential to the game play, so we are paying a lot of attention to it. In Bug Heroes, it was just a "nice little extra", considering the type of game it is.

20. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Dialog

Um yeah the dialog in BH is awesome. The story awesome and not just saying this because of being a fan boy saying it because it's awesome. Each peice of dialog and story and gameplay shows a Universe that the Devs really put their heart into. BH IMOP is one of the top five games of all time. The originality of it from a stand point of intellectual imagination is about as good as it gets. FM has updated the game insainly and how they do it so much so fast is beyond me but I will get this game the second it is done and will buy it for a few friends as well. My only hope is you guys get into the console market someday. That market needs more originality and a BH game on a console would be insane. Thanks for all your hard work to provide people a little light hearted escape from the crazy world we live in today.