Bug Heroes Quest! -- story based action/adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenburger

Greenburger Active Member

Dec 22, 2010
    #61 Greenburger, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
    I think the world of BH is great and original too (necromancer bugs that got corrupted by fungus? Vampire bugs that were cursed by evil toad magic? Brilliant!)

As for heroes I'd like to learn more about- I'm guessing this means they'll be playable characters, too. So, honestly, I'd like them all, all the extra 7 heroes (you really can't add heroes to BH and then exclude them out of BHQ. That's just rude, not to mention just plain mean :p)! But, if I HAVE to choose, than I'd pick Fly, Hopper, Mantis, and Stickbug. Maybe Worm too. And I know you don't mean alt skin heroes, but if you're just talking about story, even with no gameplay option at all, there's no other hero I'd like to know the story of more than Bruce Flea's! Just the name is so genius and awesome :D

2. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    Do you think multiplayer could EVER be possible? (and no c.hannum I don't want a 3 page essay answer:)) it really would be fun to defend your stash with a friend! Like each person chooses one hero kind of thing... Idk it really dosnt matter (bug heroes will always rule) it would just be awesome!

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Technically, it is most certainly possible (and, while a true challenge, far from as advanced as some of the most impressive feats of network engineering for mobile devices, such as iOS multiplayer fps games over 3G, or Vendetta Online, a real twitch-based space sim MMO, for Android devices). The real hurdle is for FM to muster both the time, the funding, and the people to actually carry it out. The work involved in achieving all of this must be put into relation to possible gains, and that is probably where FM have decided to stay away from Bug Heroes Online, for the time being, at least.

Me, I believe that a multiplayer edition of Bug Heroes, with co-op AND PvP in both Coliseum and Adventure* could become one of the very first true e-sports for iOS, and yield profit far beyond what Bug Heroes will ever do, even becoming iOS' resident DotA phenomenon, but far more sophisticated, unique and varied than current (and extremely profitable) DotA clones for desktop platforms, such as League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth.

* In Coliseum, you would play with and against other players, in differently sized teams and 1-on-1 duels, in just about any make-up (two on two, four, on four, five on two, in three teams of 2 in each, etc, etc), or with other players against enemy waves.

In Adventure, you'd either defend your stash with friends against computer enemies, or work with friends to bring down another base defended by other players (possibly with equal waves of computer enemies spawning and attacking both bases equally).

4. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Trust me, I would like nothing more then to see a multi player version of Bug Heroes in some form or another, but as complex of a game as BH is, it would be quite a massive undertaking and require some serious servers to handle the load considering how complex Bug Heroes is.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a single iOS game that is as complicated as Bug Heroes with multiplayer...

5. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I just got BH yesterday and i can also say it is awesome!!!!

6. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    That's amazing! I love Bug Heroes, and I'm sure that I'll love Bug Heroes Quest as well!

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Finished the core of the game finally, so its play through, polish and balance time :) In other words, home stretch! Looks like we'll be able to make it for our mid July release estimate if all goes well.

P.S. The Coliseum & Arenas are actually really cool in BHQ, despite not even being a primary part of the game ;) Being able to level up and then fight with your persistent character really gives it a different dynamic then in regular Bug Heroes...

8. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Cool! I loved BH and I assume that this game will be even better :)

9. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    #69 Nullroar, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
    Order & Chaos online.

: P

Sorry Foursaken, you know I <3 you guys. I just couldn't resist.

EDIT FOR SUGGESTION: You should ABSOLUTELY look into the possibility of sharing game data from BH to BHQ for special unlocks.

For instance, if you purchased the IAP characters in BH, perhaps it unlocks an extra level or boss etc. in BHQ.
    It's a win for us adoring players and a fantastic cross-promotion opportunity!

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Well, I wouldn't say better or worse really... just different. I think the good part is that you can play both BHQ and BH side by side -- its not like this is a sequel or a replacement, but a compliment to the original game ;)

Heh, no I already thought of that one... but thats kind of my point -- there is reason that game has subscription fees :p So its kind of "in a league of its own" vs standard multi-player games.

11. BranJohn3000

BranJohn3000 New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Customer Service
    Canada
    E-P-I-C-> Can't wait. +1 for the fly

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sounds like it's coming along smoothly! Can't wait!! :D

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    +1; this is a great idea. It would be amazing to import your Bug Heroes Quest character into the survival game.

14. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I also think multiplayer would be a FANTASTIC addition to Bug Heroes. It would add a whole new layer of replayability!

15. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Me too! I understand how hard it would be to implement it, though.

16. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    looking forward to this game, i hope it's as good as bug heros.

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I'm thinking it will :) can't wait!

18. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Well I think it looks as good as Bug Heroes because it IS Bug Heroes...

19. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    multiplayer is a fantastic addition to any game. it always adds a whole new layer of replayability. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope it can sell well!