Bug Heroes Quest! -- story based action/adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markus Hillreiner

Markus Hillreiner New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Hey guys

With this extra campains i would have a suggestion for it in make a vote post in facebook where wecan vote which hero will have an campain in BHQ:cool:

2. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Any news on this? :)

3. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Good idea, but no one has their own campaign, per se... there are overlapping story arcs and you'll be constantly playing as different heroes, but the main game right now just focus on the 3 main heroes, while interacting (and sometimes playing as) some of the other heroes. We had to be careful to set a realistic scope if we ever wanted to get the game out!

Still in testing/polish/balancing phase... the game is actually quite a bit more massive then we originally estimated -- but we're still on track for mid July submission. When we get closer to release, I'll release an official trailer and highlight some more of the unique features and the overall game structure ;)

4. SuRfPiG

Apr 23, 2011
    Cant wait!

5. zim804

zim804 Member

Dec 29, 2010
    New Jersey
    Graphics.

what kind of graphical engine did you guys use for bug heroes. i love the comicy-looking gameplay and the look of the guns. those teeth on the grubs though, eugh, id hate to have teeth like that! hahahahhah. :D

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Haha yeah we just used a photograph of our own teeth for the texture... JK! Sick, I can't even joke like that :p

As for the graphics, we actually use our own engine, built from the ground up ;) We have a full time, low level coder so it will only evolve and get better from here.

7. SuRfPiG

Apr 23, 2011
    Just a question. What do you have to study to be able to develop games?

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Well, that really depends on what aspect of game creation you want to actually do... the entire process requires a ton of different skills! Generally speaking though, it boils down to Design, Programming and Art (and Marketing/PR on the professional level) -- and even then there are a lot of subgroups in each of those categories (engine programming, game programming, 2D art, 3D art, UI design, etc). Unfortunately making a quality game very rarely can be done by only one person!

9. Iljimae

Iljimae Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Cool, simple but interesting. Do you have actual game play video? Cheers

10. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Great. I can be the UI designer and SuRfPiG here can be the coder. :D

I've been meaning to learn Objective-C for over a year now, but I'm a professional procrastinator.

11. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We will have a trailer up soon!

:p

12. SuRfPiG

Apr 23, 2011
    Dam I was hoping it would arrive today haha

13. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    I know it's been a while since you wrote this... What about gun bros? That's not quite as complicated but it is multi...

P.S. I'm so excited for bh quest!!!

14. dragonheart

dragonheart Active Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I can't wait for BH Quest. This is one of the few apps I download that costs money. It should definitely be worth it! :D

15. SuRfPiG

Apr 23, 2011
    Any news? :)

16. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    bug heroes is much more complicated than gun bros.

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    What if just Bluetooth MP was implemented and not online, would that still be complicated?

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Finishing up the Trailer now -- hope to have it released today or tomorrow... Which basically means the game is pretty much done for all practical purposes! :D We have to do a few more play throughs and some final polishing runs, but our goal of submitting by mid month is pretty much good to go!

19. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Oh man, looks so good. Can't wait.