Bullet Time - Action Adventure by Kiloo Games [Out November 17 / Launch Trailer!]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kiloo_Jeppe, Sep 2, 2011.

1. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Could you please let us know if the player controls character movement, or is it on rails. Thanks

2. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

#42 Kiloo_Jeppe, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
    Hi Jumpman. Sure, Bullet Time is definitely not on rails, we've got a massive world for you guys to explore.

3. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Sweet! You just made my day. That was the one question that was going to either put this game on my insta-buy list or on my meh list. I'm really looking forward to this.:D Thanks for answering

4. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    are you implying that MP had lame storyline and graphics? just curious.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I think he's referring to 9mm. Then again, the graphics in 9mm were better than those of the original MP (which was released over 10 years ago, after all).

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #46 Ayjona, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
    If there was a noticeable hype, it might have been easier to assess your arguments ;)

A near-ubiqutous principle in game marketing is that a cinematic trailer rarely generates any considerable amount of hype if gameplay details are still left to conjecture (or even educated guesswork, as in this case), even when part of a deliberate release plan. (Whether the attention it does amass is worth the effort is probably highly debatable. Better than no word from the developer, certainly...)

There are some brilliant exceptions, such as the first cinematic Dead Island trailer. Bullet Time's trailer, while well made and dramatic, is probably not exceptional enough to have a similarly strong impact, if you ask me (though the dramatic qualities of trailers, and the impact they have on the majority of the target audience, are subjective enough that I might be entirely wrong in this regard ;) ).

Establishing rhetorical ethos through irony ill befits a poster and debater of your caliber ;)

"Massive world" and "explore" in the same sentence? Nice ;) If you can manage to combine that with the particular mood and theme presented by the trailer, you might do what Gameloft are coding their programmers' fingers bent and bloody trying to achieve ;)

Regarles of which, Bullet Time is high up on my expectation list.

7. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Yeah, just the music in the cinematic Dead Island trailer got me hooked. Also, even though it was a short 3 minute vid, it packed quite the story.

8. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    English please? ;) kidding, but seriously what's the deal with what he posted.. Is it that frowned upon to ask a rhetorical question in a polite manor to show that his credibility is something to respect? Or is it something that only "high caliber" posters care about? ;)

Anyways, I like the teaser. It got me quite hyped knowing this game likely holds high value in the devs eyes to make this a great title. And as others have said, the atmosphere they imply, ooohh woow! Great teaser.

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The smiley towards the end of my post is really all you need to know that there is no deal ;)

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I took it as a compliment, so we're cool :). I should say that I meant the line both as a mild ironic dig at armchair marketers (sorry), but also more literally at the fact that even the pros get it wrong all the time.

BTW, there's also the Prey 2 teaser, the Gears of War "Mad World" ad, the brilliant campaign for Halo 3 (both the one where they interviewed the veterans and the haunting one with the diorama), many a Final Fantasy and Zelda ad, etc. Teaser trailers work when they set a mood and define the overall feel of the game. The problem is that console developement schedules are long, and often teaser trailers show up months or even years before we get to see any gameplay. Sometimes they can be so misleading as actually hurt the reception of the game -- anyone who bought Dead Island thinking it would be a haunting story-driven survival horror game was sorely disappointed.

In the case of Bullet Time, the teaser trailer did a great job conveying a grindhouse feel that seems very fresh on the iOS platform. It's also coming weeks, not months before screenshots and gameplay is revealed. Now, we're all excited about the graphics in the Shadowgun footage we saw a few months back, but we have little or no context about property itself -- frankly it feels like a GoW "homage". Bullet Time come across as something with its own personality, which tends to have more legs.

11. Kiloo_Jeppe

Yeah, we love Grindhouse, it was one of the major inspirations for Bullet Time and the teaser gave us a chance to go all-in :D

World screens will be posted same time tomorrow - that is 9AM Eastern Time.

12. Kiloo_Jeppe

Bullet Time: Alpha Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Kiloo_Jeppe

Bullet Time

Bullet Time takes place in a depraved, distant future. Society has crumbled and only a few human survivors are living scattered throughout the wilderness. The roads have withered away and all that remains of civilized cities are haunted by a vicious breed of mutated beasts.

John Irish is one of these survivors, trying to create a better future for his family. The story starts as he returns home to find his wife and daughter missing and his property burned to the ground. The search begins!

These screenshots showcase some of the areas you’ll visit in the campaign. Note that they are alpha-screens and subject to change.

Bullet Time is a dual-stick action adventure with an epic campaign, online cooperative multiplayer along with extensive weapon and character customization.

Next Friday will be very exciting as well, since we’ll be looking for beta-testers. If you’d like to join, check back next week!

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Looks great. Will gameplay be mostly shooting at waves of enemies, or will be it involve exploration, interaction with the environment, etc.?

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh wow! Dual-sticks are always welcome. I hope campaign doesn't mean waves of enemies... Co-op multiplayer sounds great! Totally gonna be here next week :)

16. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Wow you guys have me hooked already. Looks sweet. I'll be back next week.

17. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    looks cool! need more info though..

18. Kiloo_Jeppe

Thanks! Multiplayer is a Last Stand type of game fighting the many different enemies, but campaign is more focused on story with quests and tasks along the way. There's plenty of action, but it takes place in a large varied world instead of fixed areas with waves.

19. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    i wanna beta test this game ,it looks awesome :)

20. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Nice. Sounds awesome.