BULLISTIC - the free game people love to hate! MASSIVE UPDATE on it's way

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MillipedeCreative, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    Yep, love that game! if there was ever a 'reverse role' it could be allot different from cover orange if you included the different bulls, thus needing different things to stop them. Imo that would be pretty fun!

2. chirpingames

chirpingames Well-Known Member

Hows about a little bull wearing a construction hat that can crush the outer walls. You could call him the Bulldozer. He could be like the Angry Birds - Mighty Eagle, where you can't use him over and over - there's a half an hour time limit on using him.

3. MillipedeCreative

MillipedeCreative Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    That's frickin' cool! Some of the special bulls can take out blocks that the others can't - but I reckon we could work with this idea!

We are starting to get pressure from our clients to get moving with the projects we have on... which is understandable I guess. ;) We'll try not to let them delay the Bullistic update release!

In the meantime, two new bulls for you to check out.

[​IMG]
    Sitting Bull
    Sitting Bull is a bull for strategists. Tapping him, will trigger him to stop and light a little campfire. If other bulls hit the fire, they go crazy!

[​IMG]
    Chicago Bull
    Jordan in bull form! Launch him in the classic pose, then tap to slam the ball down. For those looking for an Angry Birds comparison, think the white egg bird, except here the bull stays on it's current trajectory, so you will have both the bull and the ball smashing stuff.

We hope you like them! I do - I want to get some t-shirts made up featuring some of these characters! I suppose I'm biased though...

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    T-shirts featuring all the different bulls would be epic!

5. MillipedeCreative

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    Might be a good way to get some extra income. :cool:

We have pulled the ads out of Bullistic v1. For 170k+ downloads and we made $500. Hardly worth p*ssing people off for that!

The 15 levels are done. We are now polishing them up, doing all of the UI updates and adding the new bulls and abilities! Terribull is done. For the update we'll have 6 extra new bulls to grab via in-app purchasing. They will be available individually or in bull packs (herds) of 3.

Note the game will still be free and totally playable with the regular bulls. The special bulls are just non-essential nice-to-haves. Buying them would help us out greatly, as well as add to the fun! :)

6. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    The app was updated? I'm not getting anything. How did you make money when your app is free?

7. MillipedeCreative

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    No - the app hasn't been updated, just the ads turned off so they are no longer being served.

We hope to make money out of the in-app purchase of special bulls!

8. melvin2898

Feb 4, 2011
    Why do developers add ads? They get on my nerves anyway. Ads are dumb. It's like there's advertisement everywhere. You have to watch this or play this before you can even get on with what you want to do! So you have a choice to add it? Who does it help? Do you get paid for it?

9. MillipedeCreative

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    Yes. Advertising is used to generate revenue. As I said above, we made $500 from including the advertising, which is not a whole lot. Hence, we took it out.

10. MillipedeCreative

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    Holy crap - just downloaded 'I Must Run!' ... and people are giving us crap about developing an Angry Birds clone which we are totally admitting to?
    Bullistic v1, as a game wasn't great (that's about to change), but it seemed people were most p*ssed about it being an Angry Birds rip-off...

'I Must Run' copied Canabalt not only in gameplay, but art style and music as well!

Talk about double standards...

Or is cloning Angry Birds similar to the cloning human debate. It's okay to clone somethings like food, sheep or create mice with human ears... but clone Angry Birds? Are you insane?? ;)

Don't get me wrong - 'I Must Run' is awesome, damn cool, looks great and is great fun... I guess I'm still a touch bitter from the response on the App Store despite us ADMITTING BULLISTIC IS AN ODE TO ANGRY BIRDS!!!

...I need a beer. Damn... it's only just midday here...and I'm at work.

I'm really interested what others think about this cloning concept. Does a clone make it less of a game? Is it a cheap way to earn cash?
    Let's face it - Hollywood does this all the time in movies. If it's not copying another film, it's remakes of old stories or movies.

There are some great games out there, by top studios that are essentially recycled and revamped ideas.

Some thought starters -
    Veggie Samurai = Fruit Ninja
    I Must Run + Monster Dash = Canabalt
    Age of Zombies = MiniGore
    Angry Birds + Bullistic + Trucks&Skulls = Crush the Castle

These are all awesome games (except Bullistic in it's current form) that are modelled off hugely successful games...

Here's my stance. I don't like cloning, unless the original inspiration is acknowledged. Then, it's flattering.

11. MillipedeCreative

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    #51 MillipedeCreative, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    Sorry - just tried to embed a Vimeo clip...no luck. And I can't delete this post. I'm a dunce.

http://vimeo.com/19730308

12. melvin2898

Feb 4, 2011
    Do you guys sell bull costumes?

13. MillipedeCreative

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    Sure - you can buy the one in the video from us for 50k if you like?

14. melvin2898

Feb 4, 2011
    I like it but that's a lot :p

15. MillipedeCreative

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    Haha - I'm just desperately trying to recover some costs. ;)
    If you really like it, you can grab one here.

16. Tesio

Tesio Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Just wanted to pop in here and say I am fan of what little I played of V1 and am looking forward to more :D

17. MillipedeCreative

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    Thank you so much! That means a lot. Hopefully the update will not disappoint! :)

18. MillipedeCreative

Dec 31, 2009
    Melbourne - Australia
    Hi friends, sorry for the silence! We are still busily working over here. Bull switching is in, the last special bull is being coded up and we are about a week away from testing. We'll be doing a closed internal test first, then sending it out to our Beta testers. Realistically, it's looking like the update will be released mid-March.

We will be filming a trailer for the new release Feb 26th, so keep an eye out for it early March.

Want some eye candy? If you nail a level in one shot, you get 3 stars and a gem!

[​IMG]

:)

19. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    ooooh! Shiny!!!!! Anyways, cool. Can't wait.

20. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    How to be your beta tester?