Universal Cabals: The Card Game (by Kyy Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Be patient, guys. Apple will approve and release the app when they're good and ready. If there are issues with it preventing it from being released on schedule, I'm sure the developer will let us know.

2. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Yes, they will release it eventually, but it's heartrending to see those screenshots on Appshopper. :D

3. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
  4. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    No, it's not. Check the date Joey, that was two days ago.

And now I can't see it in the Appshopper app.

5. Espekayen

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    I still see it in AppShopper. I'm in the UK.

6. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    It means that it is in cue for approval though, meaning release should be anytime now.

7. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    #67 Fimb, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    Let's hope it's just the Thanksgiving muddle, and not something serious. Don't fancy to wait a whole week now. Need this game, wanna buy shit in it. Not to mention the PC application's resolution (it is painful on a netbook).

8. Kidkaos2

Kidkaos2 Member

Aug 8, 2011
    I saw Cabals in Appshopper about 7am Wednesday and was able to get it.

I played several games offline and decided it was good enough to register. When I tried to register it came back saying Wrong Version Please Update.

When I tried to update, there were no updates for it available. I checked back later, and it was gone completely.

It seems like maybe Apple accidentally approved the wrong version and then pulled it. But the app I've got still seems to work fine in offline mode, and while I couldn't swear to it the AI seemed to protect its Stronghold better. It does take the AI a lot longer to make its moves than the browser/PC version though. And I do mean a lot. I hope the release has a faster AI.

9. Kyy Games

Kyy Games Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    To cut the wings from the rumors:
    We had to make some last minute changes on server, and an update was necessary.
    That's why it was live for 6h and we pulled it and submitted the update for Apple.
    It has been there couple days now, but because of thanks giving rush its stuck in the queue.

But as they say, good is worth the wait?
    For those of you who like it on browser or standalone, trust me when I say this:
    You're going to absolutely love the touch device version of Cabals.

meanwhile:
    PC - Standalone
    Mac - Standalone
    Browser
    Android

[​IMG]

10. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up, Kyy. Playing with the standalone version for two days, I'm quite positive it is worth the wait. ;P

11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Dev just explained why it appears in appshopper but not in store - was out for 6 hours when they discovered a bug and pulled it. It is awaiting further approval for an update.

I just looked and it is not in appshopper any longer either - usually it has a big opaque box over a pulled app saying it is unavailable.

As Dev said, should be soon.

12. Espekayen

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Cabals is still on my AppShopper wish list. Weird.

13. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    can't wait (but need ...) ... come one apple hurry up :)

14. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I think if you added it to the wish list before it got pulled then it will still be there. Maybe that is how you get that opaque black box saying it is unavailable if you click on it. I have stuff on my app shopper list of owned games that are no longer on the store and that is what happens if I click on them.

I know it is confusing but apparently a lot of stuff happened in a short amount of time which is making this situation hard to follow.

15. Espekayen

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Yes, I'm sure you're right. Whatever the cause, the AppShopper thing isn't important; what's important is that Apple approve this app ASAP! :)

16. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I think it will get approved on Monday.

Doubt it will come out Sunday.

17. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    Like the game and all about it except the fact that ONLY way to buy cards you might need is through in game currency which is not cheep. If my calculation is right you'll need 10$ to buy Starter Deck from shop. In Shadow Era its 2$.

Shadow Era has better solution to it.. you can buy all cards for gold if you want to play it for ages (but you still don't need real money).. or you can buy shadow crystals.

I have actually spent some money on Shadow Era and I'm not saying I wont on this one.. but it still bothers me.
    I know you can get cards from leveling but I bet I'll never see some epic card but only shit ones.

BTW... can't wait Apple approves it! :D

18. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Anyone got any tips on building a deck?

19. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Well, obviously, it depends on your strategy. If you are an offensive player, then you need aggressive, hard hitting cards, and some support. If you want to win via dominion points (which I rarely do), you'll need passive, postponing, and durable units. You'll try to slow things down, while gathering those points (a bit more than the enemy, in every turn, of course). I figured that a Jack of all trades strategy won't work here, for me at least. Sure, I've yet to try the other cabals (played fairies and bears up to this point), but I'm getting used to their strenghts/weaknesses.

For me half the fun is to figure out the cards and units in various situations.

20. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    How is this game?
    Can you play offline and still get rewarded?
    How is the multiplayer, is it by GameCenter?
    How much customization is there?
    How is the UI?