Cabals:The Card Game-Online CCG for iOS, Android, Browser [Beta Test]=>(Win an iPad2)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kyy Games, Jul 26, 2011.

1. grautur

grautur Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Just go to http://www.cabalsgame.com/ and try the game.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    lol that's exactly what I ended up doing. Just didnt want to because i'm away and on a work computer but it worked out ok in the end.
    ......the game is kinda like neurishima hex and riese in a way.
    only played one game and won. Not to sure how the attacking/defending stuff is worked out. like, does luck play any part like it does in riese? I hope not.
    Also nfi what the different squares mean.

3. grautur

grautur Member

Aug 19, 2011
    There's no luck in attacks. Your characters have a strength number, this number is both their health and their attack value. Characters attack at the same time (unless one of them has a fast attack or a slow attack) so if a 2 strength char and a 1 strength char are in a battle the 1 strength char dies and the other loses one health (so he becomes 2-1, still attack value of 2 but only 1 health).
    Further reading here: http://www.cabalsgame.com/howtoplay.php

For the developers:

Please add a mute button, while the music is alright I don't want to listen to it all the time while I'm playing.

Also the deck editor isn't very user friendly, I realize that it's build for smartphones but I think it can get better. There's also no way to see whether you have two or three cards of a particular card in your deck, you could add a number next to it.

Other than that I'm pleased with the update and hopefully you can continue your good work.

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks grautur.

To extend on your mute option, it would be good if we could play our own music while
    In the app.

Does it take everyone else ages to get through the unity loading screen?
    Can take me like half an hour to the point where I cbf loading it and playing.
    Same for others here?

5. Kyy Games

Kyy Games Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Thanks for feedback, yet again!

How-to-play: Tutorial will be included in the single player mode of release version. How-to-play page will be updated until then.

Mute: We have added sound options to Main Menu/Options, also sound options found inside gameplay under menu-button. Both of which will be saved settings for when you reload the game next time.

Deck Editor: We'll see what we can do. In any case, deck editor will be improved in the future updates.

Thanks,
    The Cabals Team

6. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA

This one for sure!!! cant wait this game and its lore are makin me curious as hell! different type of characters....set in the WW2 era?

will try the beta now...just realized you can play it! how about on IOS? (BETA)

7. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    Cabals: The Card Game is Looking for iOS beta testers

Hi all,
    We're currently accepting applications for iOS beta testing.

Requirements(3GS+): iPhone, iPod, iPad, iPad2

Prior testing and reporting experience is a bonus.

Email us at ([email protected]) with following information
    Name:
    IOs devices:
    Testing Experience:
    Game industry Experience:
    Free word, (why you?):

Accepting applications until 31.8.

- The Cabals Team

8. chrono7

chrono7 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Apple ecosystem
    Sent my application. Artwork is seriously amazing :)

9. grautur

grautur Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I just lost a game and went from a 1900+ rating down to almost 1500. Is that normal? Now I have to slowly climb the ladder again.

I've also been wondering how you get domination points from locations, I think it's like this: For every 2 non special locations you have you get 1 domination point at the start of your turn, on top of that 1 domination point from your stronghold and special abilities that give you dom. points. Correct?

10. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    Rating: It's a complicated weighted system, that will at first bounce you a back and forth, before you find your own rating and the changes normalize.
    But since people feel that the changes are too drastical, we will tune them down a little (in good and bad) so nobody should feel robbed.
    So far nobody has asked anything about receiving 400+ points ;)

Answer to a common feedback/question we received: We don't penalize for forfeitting or timing out - they all count as a loss despite when, how or why it happens.

Domination: Each special location (Resource, Deployment, Stronghold,...) are worth 1 domination point, unless otherwise noted.
    We are currently evaluating the domination point limits, through match results and other affecting data.
    note:
    Domovoi (doubless location effect, will reward twice as many resource points and domination points in a non-stronghold special location).

SPOILER WARNING
    The conquered, non-special locations reward no domination points, but there are several cards that affect them, and they have a higher meaning in different sets of rules and battlegrounds that will be introduced later.
    (but that's a story told another day)

11. grautur

grautur Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I've never received 400+ points so that's probably why. As I said I won my way quickly up to 1900, lost one game and went back to 1500+. Had to win a lot of games to get back to 1800+ and lost ONE game and now I'm at 1366! That is obscure... I've played a lot of other online games with ratings (including chess which is the "mother" of all rating systems) and I've never seen such swings. I know that in the beginning ratings don't mean much but this is kind of annoying.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love the game and I'll keep playing. But since there is a tournament going on it kind of sucks to go from second place to rock bottom (I'm highly competitive btw :) )

And the spoilers sound extremely exciting, I've wondered about other gameboards (battlefields). And please give us a Vril Society hero so I can complete my "single cabal deck" collection :cool:

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    can i ask what the blue or green dots on the cards mean?
    I suspect there's more to it than what's been detailed in the how to that's on the webpage

13. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    It's called "Loyalty Cost". Basically what it does, it makes your secondary faction cards more difficult to play. Limiting the playability of a factions power cards. Rare cards usually are more powerful, and have more loyalty cost. If played in single faction deck, they are relatively cheap, but if tried to fit in as a secondary with no support, they suddenly become extremely expensive and hard to play.

Loyalty Cost:
    "To play a card, you have to pay resources equal to its base cost plus loyalty cost. However, loyalty cost is reduced by one for each unit you already control of the same cabal. Your hero also counts towards this price reduction."

Hopefully this helped.
    - The Cabals Team

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks. I thought it was something to do with loyalty...

But, just need a little more info. Why are some dots green and some blue. And how do u get these loyalties. Are they just the normal resources you accumulate each turn?
    Why blue? Why green?
    Right now without understanding it all I can do is wait for these cards to become available, and right now it just seems random to me. Obviously it's not, but I got nfi how to target those cards. All I can do is wait.
    Sorry for the questions, but at least since it's in test mode your finding out the problems the general public may have (me)...and I'm getting to play it early!

15. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    Last Chance to win the First Cabals Tournament

Final 5h 40min of tournament left....
    Time to make your move!
    Good luck all!

16. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    Cabals Tournament has ended!

The first Cabals Tournament is now over. Congratulations to our five winners:
    1. Honas,
    2. TheManOnTheMoon
    3. Ansgar
    4. Cley
    5. Ssysyl!
    News

17. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    Cabals NEWS!

[​IMG]
    First Vril Society's hero introduced: [Karl Maria Viligut]
    • New battlegrounds added
    • New cards added for Bearclaw Brotherhood and Order of Zahir
    • Intro screen at start of match (player name and rating)
    • Rating gain/loss displayed in game over popup.
    • Improved deck editor
    • Bug fixes
    • Balancing (especially considering domination win conditions)
    (beta version 0.7.65)

- The Cabals Team

18. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Is there a firm release date yet?

19. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    damn i didnt see this till now cuz when this was posted originally, i was away. :( but did i miss the beta? game looks awesome.

20. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

+1.

Sorry, beta stuff is of little to no interest to me. I'm a bottom-line guy: where do we stand on a release date?