Universal Call of Duty Black Ops: Zombies (by Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 30, 2011.

1. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Shangria Li or Moon is just impossible I think to put on IOS. Sigh:(

2. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    That would really be disappointing. I mean, hopefully no one is expecting moon here, but I was at least hoping we would get Five yet.

3. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    That's what they said about Der riese, Ascension, and Call of the Dead. Anything is possible.

What a shock, just checking my updates and see call of the dead update, awesome news. I guess I'll have to put Dead trigger down for a while and play Call of the Dead!!!

W.C Fields, we need to play some Co-op !!

4. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Damn that update looks nice ,still waiting for sale tho

5. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Haha, that's a good one. A sale. Activision. Mobile games. This game's been out for more than a year. You think they'll ever put this on sale? It's Call of Duty, which is a huge name in gaming. Besides, if you're this stubborn, you're missing out on a lot of gameplay. I'm serious.

6. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    It's the iPhone 4; there is no "iPhone 4G" (I don't like to correct people, but that's a serious pet-peeve of mine. I'm sorry). It's pretty solid, as of the new update. 25-30FPS, sometimes dips into 20 when there's a lot (I mean 20-25) zombies onscreen.

Clearly Activision's contract with the movie stars expired, so they shoehorned the original four in instead.

7. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Can you only kill the director using the new weapon?

8. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    #628 Triscuitable, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    You can't kill him period.

You hit him, he goes into a rage. Deal enough damage to calm him. The V-R11 rages him, and another shot calms him. When you calm him, he goes back to his spawn and disappears until the next round, where he returns in calm mode.

EDIT: You can also lead him back to his spawn point, and he'll literally "cool down" (steam surrounds him upon entry of the pool of water).

9. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Of course ! The new map comes out after I've deleted the game. Time to reinstall it.

10. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    So it's not possible to kill Romero and get all of the perks?

11. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Well, in the regular game, George has 250,000 health, with each bullet of yours doing 10 damage. You can't kill him per say, but if you take down all his health (in the console) he disappears into the water for that round and you get a death machine and random perk bottle. Don't know if this is what happens on iOS.

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Yep!

13. HeliPilot

HeliPilot Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    #633 HeliPilot, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Double Post

14. HeliPilot

Feb 28, 2011
    QUOTE=Triscuitable; It's the iPhone 4; there is no "iPhone 4G" (I don't like to correct people, but that's a serious pet-peeve of mine. I'm sorry).

I can assume, since the word iPhone was not used in the post you are referring to, he meant iPod touch 4G, not iPhone. Sorry to correct you but people that don't read posts properly and then reply with a correction that is not needed is a pet peeve of mine. :)

Back on topic.
    COD:BOZ has serious lag issues on the iPod touch 4G. Not a very good experience, even when the graphics slider is kicked all the way down. 5 fps at best and stuttering under extreme load.

15. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Yes, there some bug issues on the iphone 4s, the screen seems to flip upside down at times and also stutters.

I'm sure the devs will update this. Pretty stoked about getting Call of the dead on my iphone :D

16. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Is the Kassimir Mechanism easter egg in ascension possible to do on IOS?

17. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    No, neither is the original characters easter egg on COTD.

18. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Framerate issues, not lag. And 5FPS is unplayable. This is 5 frames per second. You're more likely dealing with 20FPS and 30 FPS, which is YouTube standard in videos.

The lowest I've gotten is roughly 10-15FPS. That's usually my framerate when I kick up Crysis to the highest settings (I have an 8800GT in this PC).

19. Ratallideth

Ratallideth Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Guys, i can't play online, it says that my internet connections isn't compatible with multiplayer.
    Any help? I couldn't find anything about this problem

20. HeliPilot

Feb 28, 2011
    I stand by my original statement, with heavy graphics load you get low framerate, lag and stutter. Lag happens when you make a quick 180 turn and the game stops, stutters and plays catch up. My original point was that this game is just not optimized for A4 devices like the iPod Touch 4G. Quite frustrating because the first COD zombies runs so well on older devices.
    I've given up trying to run it on an IPT 4G. Better suited to my iPhone 4S and iPad 2.