Universal Call of Duty Black Ops: Zombies (by Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 30, 2011.

1. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Are there Game Center achievements?
    Just wondered as they were just in-game ones last time.

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    From Sanuku's footage, the graphics are alright. They look almost comic like but that's ok. If I want great graphics , I'll play infinity blade, dead space or modern Combat.

Cod zombies has always been about Gameplay and activision does that really well, this is a definate must buy with the Devs saying additional maps will be free ! Looking forward to playing with some of you guys online!

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    :eek: Son of a 8 O' clock...TAKE MY MONEY PLZ!?!?! :D

4. tx8305

tx8305 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    How is this compared to MC3? Seems like you get a better deal with MC3 (leveling/perk system and more maps).

5. You're comparing two totally different types of games here

6. scorpionxd

scorpionxd Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2011

Just wait until Combat Arms Zombies comes out. That game will pwn this port.

7. tx8305

tx8305 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Not really. An online FPS is an online FPS.

8. scorpionxd

scorpionxd Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Thing is, this isnt an online FPS.

And notice how he said "type"?

9. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Noo.. I literally just bought COD WAW Zombies yesterday for five bucks.

Such bad luck. I only have $6.40 in my account. Please tell me this is $5.99..?

Oh btw, I have an iPad 2 thanks to my school :)

10. Coburn

Coburn Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    MI, USA
    Hmm, so many zombie shooters coming out!

Desert Zombie, Black Ops, and Combat Arms Zombies. Which one to get?? :confused: What do you guys think of this? Worth 6.99..? Or wait for the other two zombie shooters.

11. tx8305

tx8305 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    So this is just a co-op zombie game then? Even worse.

12. Defiance211

Defiance211 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm really hoping that activision becomes fully engaged in ios game development, especially by creating a full blown call of duty port. I'm honestly getting tired of gameloft's lack of decent voice acting,animations, and originality.IMO a call of duty port would most likely be better than the modern combat series.

13. tx8305

tx8305 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Doubt that happens anytime soon. We are basically getting a small piece of a console title. Their leadership thus far seems to feel that iOS is a waste of time.

Anyways, I'd be willing to bet the total sales of this game after a year won't even scratch the surface of how much Activision made on MW3 just off midnight release sales alone. No reason for them to put time and resources aside from stuff like this when they get a much bigger ROI from WoW or CoD.

14. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I hope that was meant with sarcasm. If you really need schooling on "what" Cod Zombies is, then you need to travel back in time about 3 years and actually pay attention to your surroundings. You don't really have to be "hardcore" to know what Call of Duty or its Zombie mode is. Even my grandma knows what COD zombies is.

Everyone is excited because they know what they're expecting. If you like COD and you have testicles, everything should be fine.

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Not telling you where to spend your earnings, but, yes this will be well worth the $6.99 spent. I've spent a considerably large amount of time on cod:WaWZ since it came out, I also have the HD version and if this is anything remotely close to those (so far I see better graphics, voice chat, GC, voice chat, better controls stated, voice chat, a completely different arcade mode that could possibly hold its own as standalone game in itself, and umm...voice chat) then this will be a game that you will more than likely never delete. Playing solo is very fun, and the endless replayability you'll also get out of co-op is proven solid too. Just my opinion of course. ;)

16. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    i might wait for combat arms zombies but desert zombies is just plain trash

17. WyldRyce

WyldRyce Member

Apr 25, 2011
    #117 WyldRyce, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
    Kinda wish it had the difficulty of the console version. The controls for a FPS is the best I've experienced on iOS so far. Hopefully more games follow suit.

18. Where did you here all of them were coming free? I thought only Ascension was... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'd love to be corrected about that :)

19. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    It's sad that major companies treat iOS like crap and think of it as a waste of time. But on the other hand as people that are passionate about the platform we need to support the developers and quality titles and break the mold of "wait for a .99 sale" That said, I'm hoping that iOS is coming of age as Rockstar is porting the full blown version of GTA 3. And sure nothing can touch MW3 sales, Chair has proven with Infinity Blade that lots of money can be made on the platform.

20. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    That kotaku article that reported the game's release, said free dlc. But I'm not so sure coming from Activison?