iPad Call of Duty: World At War: Zombies [$4.99 for all 4 maps!]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ThatRevChap, Nov 16, 2009.

1. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I need your help guys Should I get the ipad version instead? Do you think that version will get these new maps soon or will I have to pay to play? I would much rather play on the big screen but only if the content is the same, otherwise, the iphone version will be the one for me.

2. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Don't do it if you've upgraded to 4.2 b2 - it doesn't work.

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Therein lies my biggest qualm with these maps...

After Verruckt none of the others are suitable, really, for single player fun. And after a few goes on-line, that ain't really my cup of tea, I've found. No chat makes it feel, well, not fun.

I took one look at the new map and said "Fuggetaboutit."

4. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Well, they are designed for multiplayer. The whole game is geared towards multiplayer. You are free to play single player, of course. But if you find the maps to be too large for single player, the simple solution us to just stick to the smaller maps.

5. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    oh man, I was a couple clicks away from buying this stuff last night...and knowing me I would have bought all the maps too! Glad I didn't... :D

6. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #4406 Chocolate, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    I'm not a big FPS fan, but I like them sometimes.

I mainly like single player games. Not into online multiplayer much. Just me. Having said that - how is this game's single player campaign/story mode? Worth the $5 for someone like me? :confused:

EDIT: Just read some of the thread and sounds like it's mainly a multiplayer game and no real story mode (I'm thinking Half Life or Duke Nukem 3D, yes I'm old LOL!). Probably not worth $5 for me.

7. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    4.99 complete game with all maps? I'll buy it tonight :)

8. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    I'm not sure if I should get this... Last time I tried it I didn't really love the controls so much... Also, iphone or ipad version? Iphone version has all maps, but it's not Retina ready from what I understand.

9. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    The icon was definitely changed for retina display, and the menus as well. Hard to tell with the maps whether its the age of the game or retina support, but either way its acceptable for me.

10. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    I'm also wondering about the play value for people who don't really do multiplayer (like myself). Is there any reason to play this, if you're not going to be playing with a team online?

11. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    See my post above. I read thru the thread a bit, and it really sounds like an online multiplayer oriented title, not really meant for single player fans like you and me. $5 is still $5, and unless you're gonna get your money's worth there's no point.

Having said that, I did just buy Zombie Infection on sale for 99cents. :D It's pure single player and you get to kill plenty of zombies. LOL! Maybe try that.

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I'd like to apologize in advance to my future teammates/multiplayer. I'd never played der reise until now. So sorry

13. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    "Having said that, I did just buy Zombie Infection on sale for 99cents. It's pure single player and you get to kill plenty of zombies. LOL! Maybe try that."

Yep, played Zombie Infection and really enjoyed it. Guess WOW: Zombies isn't gonna be my next big zombie adventure. Ah well.

14. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Agreed. Zombie Infection is great, particularly on the iPad.

15. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Its definitely oriented towards online multiplayer. I think its fun single player too though - more-so on the iphone than on the PS3 imho. In essence, it's pac-man in 3D with Zombies instead of cute ghosts. :) What I mean by that is theres no story, and you are stuck in a confined environment with no goal other than to survive as long as possible. Its fun...

16. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I just played a few rounds of the new map, Der Reis and it's quite fun but I got killed of but dozens of suddenly spawning zombie wolves! And also got chased by a whole crowd of zombies who managed to climb all the ledges!

17. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Is der reise free?

18. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    That isgood yes i have game so im going to ger it for free

19. Wonderboy

Wonderboy Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Ohio
    the new map is interesting. Anyone interested in playing later?

20. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    Anyone know if the other 2 maps are free for the HD version?