Cally's Cave 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bronxsta, Jan 19, 2014.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Perhaps an option ?

I much prefer to press 'buttons' instead of swiping.

2. anuloid

anuloid Active Member

May 13, 2014
    Well balanced I guess, hope will perform good in appstore, even though the graphics reminds me of nintendo games back in 90s :)

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well retro is popular, look at Wayward Souls and 'SNES' style graphics. At the end of the day as long as gameplay is good to me the graphics dont matter so much. Plus you wont get a bloated 500 meg game either

4. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks kioshi! The good news is you won't even have to buy it because the game is 100% free, no paywalls or f2p garbage in there either. You can download the game for free and play all the way through with no problems. We are selling the soundtrack on bandcamp for 3 bucks, and there's an optional in app purchase that will help you collect money faster and do more damage.... but it's 100% not necessary to buy that to succeed at the game. We want to build an audience and build trust with that audience, so you have my guarantee you can play the whole game for free and have a great experience. if you like it, buy the iap or soundtrack and that will help us continue to make games!

far from bloated! In fact, our current .ipa file size is 27.9 mb... so it's very small size. Doesn't mean there isn't tons of content in there though :D

Thank you! we actually are going for a SNES-era look... although obviously that's super popular and not original these days... We still want this game to feel like the first time you played super metroid (not to compare our game to that, but that's what we are shooting for!)

5. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
  6. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Here are some gifs of Cally 2!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Cally's Cave 2 is releasing in June!
    Here are some more details from the developers:

Basically we are aiming for a pixel platformer with frenetic, reflex based combat. It's a really brutal game, difficulty-wise, and that's exactly how we like it.

- Tons of RPG elements, like levelling up your weapons by using them
    - Upgrades that change Cally's core attributes
    - Branching paths
    - 104 levels
    - 6 crazy bosses
    - 16 weapons to choose from

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

One thing I felt was lacking in the first game was the sword. Felt like it was underpowered compared to the guns at your disposal. Did you change the sword in any way?

I remember one suggestion I had was to have your sword given special abilities depending on the gun you had equipped. Like the ice gun would make your sword freeze enemies, etc.

9. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    [​IMG]

We have made the sword have some more power! And you can buy 3 upgrades for the sword that increase its base power stat. Also there's a crescent wave unlock that adds an explosive wave of energy to your sword swing! (pictured in above gif) we are so excited for you to be able to play!

10. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Submitted to the AppStore

Hey everyone! Sorry for my absence... also Bronxsta got kicked off I think :/.
    Anyways, we have submitted to the Appstore a couple of days ago, so we will keep you posted on release date news shortly!

11. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    More Gifs

Here's another collection of shareable gifs for Cally's Caves 2! Does this look like it would be fun to you??? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Release Date is Set!

Hey everyone, Cally's Caves 2 was approved by Apple yesterday, and we finally have our ship date! It's available July 1st (next Tuesday). We know we promised it would be out in June, so hopefully you don't mind that it will be one day late! I'll be posting some more gifs here soon, and you can always check callyscaves.wordpress.com or callyscaves.bandcamp.com for updates and media :D