Candy Crush Saga?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by monster20, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Meh. Switch to Scurvy Scallywags and call it good

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My girlfriend played it for a few days...pretty much non-stop. Yet at the same time, she was calling it the scum of the earth and whatnot. >_> Fangbone's got the right idea though...it was an easy switch to Scurvy Scallywags. ;)

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I know, co-workers are asking me if I'm playing the game. Mostly just casual players but what's up with everyone playing it? Just finally looked it up and doesn't look out of the ordinary from the tons of other match 3's. Strange how games rise up like that. Maybe its just doing the current fad in gaming everyone else is doing.:rolleyes: (But me)

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It has little to do with the actual gameplay and a lot to do with smart marketing. The game drip feeds rewards at just the right pace and includes some carefully thought-out incentives not only to get your friends playing, but also keep them playing, which is why it spread like wildfire across social networks.

As anyone who plays a lot of games knows, you can get exactly the same gameplay in loads of other places. Sometimes games just get lucky and hook people and the media for no particular reason. Maybe they're in the right place at the right time, but once they've caught the media's eye they sky-rocket.

5. Buck bottleneck

Buck bottleneck Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Musician
    France
    Same for me my girlfriend is stuck on it . I don't understand why.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I spent the afternoon playing Candy Crush Saga and found it quite boring compared to Bejewelled, Puzzle Quest etc etc. I hope the boss changes game soon so I don't have to play this anymore... And because of the stupid Facebook link, it becomes quite obvious if you are not playing.

Why can't they ever be interested in Warhammer Quest or Eclipse instead of this?

7. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Playing it every 2 hours (for fulfill live) and sometime playing with rage, can't believe i got stuck in a single level for whole week. A casual game but not really casual >.<

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Be sure to ridicule anyone that has it set so that level clears go to their facebook. I try to come up with good zingers when my wife's level clears post. She cant seem to figure out how to turn it off. My last one was:

"I am so proud of you! Way to go! This will show our children that with hard work and dedication ANYTHING is possible!!"

Got a bunch of likes, amused her friends greatly.

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I tried it out too, and I agree - I've played far better match-3s.

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Those games are usually dismissed by the masses as too geeky.
    A shame really.
    Off topic- My iOS main right now is kinetic Damage, unfortunatly don't have enough for warhammer yet.
    But if 40k releases soon, expect me to lead the charge for the WAAAGH!

11. pdSlooper

pdSlooper Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    USA
    I played King's other game, Bubble Witch Saga, for a while. Honestly I thought it had great potential as a game. But King broke it hard, prefering to charge outrageous prices for gameplay mechanics that are eventually needed to make the game worth playing. Oh, and the Facebook integration is obnoxious as heck.

I never even *liked* Bejeweled, and there are very few match-3s that I do enjoy. Like, I realize it's a popular game, and people are welcome to like games I don't. But add that on top of being published by King, and I've avoided CCS like its some vicious, untreatable STD.

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Any tips for level 17? I have been stuck there a while...

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    And I get stuck in level 323. Have you got any tips for me?

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I've played it for a while and it's not bad and is strangely addicting. When I run outta lives I just come back another time. Never bought any of those power up things either. It's not so much skill here, but a lot of luck, too. For me that aspect takes something away from it. But you can't argue how popular this thing has gotten! Serious boo-koo bucks, man! Imagine if you woulda made it! Ho-Ho!

15. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    And if you were to play one, you might as well play one of the many that forgo inapp purchases.

16. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I don't get why this game is so popular.

I have played it through some levels now. It is a Bejeweled clone.

Am I missing something here that other people are not seeing?

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    There must be. I saw someone buy an itunes card just for this game.
    Just for the "extra lives".
    I'm playing too much KD and Xenome to try this.

18. younginqd

younginqd Member

Aug 10, 2010
    China
    Yeah...for like a month, then I got stuck at lv 245 for 2 weeks so I gave up
    ,,Ծ‸Ծ,,

19. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Fresh Candy Crush Convert here. :(

I downloaded it just for funsies. Immediately I was taken aback by how similar it was to Bejeweled Blitz. I was saddened because I thought it was stupid that so many people play this game but not Bejeweled Blitz, which is arguably the most beautiful match-3 game ever. It's the perfect match-3 game, really. So flashy, so beautiful, and just awesome possum all around.

But then I got through a few more levels and I realized my silliness. It's kind of... fun? The level layouts are interesting, and the jelly removing is fun. The true "Blitz" levels are a fun change of pace as well.

It's a slick app, too. Everything moves so smoothly and the colors are obviously boss.

I have hit a really annoying segment though. I think it's level 28 or something. I just can't beat it. It's honestly very tempting to use the IAP to get past it, but I know there are a bajillion more levels to go, and I should absolutely not get into that habit, especially this late in the game.

I was determined to not use IAP for it, and I will stick to that. But it's quite tempting when I get literally one move away from beating the level but it would have been one move too many (one more than the allotted amount). :(

20. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    There's no doubt my mom will love this game which is why I've tried my best for three months to keep her from knowing about it. I have no wish whatsoever to play the game so she could get hearts or tickets from me. But she just ran out of games. I think I'm doomed.