Universal Capitalism Quest (by Steve O'Gorman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    We still have vertical to do too lol. I've gotta build up my resource base for a bit. Woods not a problem but stone is slow

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Save something for me to do when I get home! :eek:

Should have a decent amount of stone built up, been exploring. Didn't realize the 50 coin limit from walking - I should be playing Johnny Appleseed!

3. gormster

gormster Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2011
    I see a few enterprising road project builders setting up toll bridges as they go. I approve! Gotta pay for the project somehow I suppose.

Once you build a tile it stays that way. I like that any construction is permanent, even if poorly judged or ugly. It ensures that players must think abuot the lasting consequences of their actions.

Similarly, basic resource harvesting tiles cannot be upgraded to advanced. You can either build basic for faster returns, or be patient and save up for advanced.

I've seen this from time to time. It should fix itself without having to restart the app. Sometimes you just need to wonder off screen and back.

The game world is stored on my own servers, but each tile is tied into your Game Center id, so it knows which tiles are yours.

4. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Stone isn't my problem. My problem is that I don't have wood to clear stones that are in the way. I'll just wait an hour and I should have enough

5. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    #65 Yerti1, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    I have tons of wood :)

Edit: I didn't even realize that I can put roads through stone mountains! So many turns I didn't have to make for the road!

6. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    Yeah it just cost 15 wood per stone pile. I have about 10 more that I need to clear and the road should be complete

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Mind blown!

9. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    I found a glitch when you get to the edge of the map. If you try to move to the blank space out of the map it shifts everything on the screen one block over so all my stuff doesn't look right. And if you keep trying to get out of the map it keeps shifting your screen. It is kind of annoying because it confuses me when I'm looking for my stuff to gather.

10. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    When I first started

Attached Files:

11. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    After glitch

Attached Files:

12. gormster

gormster Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Hmm, good point. I didn't really think about how much it would throw players off their remembered locations of things.

I'll keep it in mind and try to come up with a more consistent idea.

13. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    #73 markaman, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Well it really doesn't throw me off, but it is kinda weird

14. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Capitalism needs a nemesis! Maybe filthy Communism could start encroaching from the frontier, converting productive lumber yards into... Something... Communisty. ;)

15. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Armories

16. Odach

Odach Member

Jul 15, 2014
    After a lot of walking I finally made it to dry land. I'm at x230, y260. How do you unlock tolls? I desperately need another way to make money besides walking...

17. vect

vect Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Interesting game. Always glad to see developer involment in the TA forums. Reminds me of a mobile version of Albion Online (without building upgrades).

I just planted my first mills and made a length of road for me to run up and down til my fingers hurt lol. Can't wait to log in tomorrow to harvest and build some more! Luckily I spawned in a decent zone and I'm not too far away from this highway project. I'll have to strike out to find some TA friends soon :)

I'm intrigued to find this highway

18. vect

vect Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    No need to unlock. Just costs 20 wood instead of 1 like normal bridges... Once your on the build screen over water, click the right arrow til you get to the bridges with the line through them.

Also, I'm not sure that tolls will be terribly profitable at this point as I'm assuming server population is low. But I could be wrong...

Also, consider moving to a better location for moving, building yourself a road to run on, or making houses to get money!

19. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    It s a pain to harvest when you got many map full of ressources. Tap lag collect lag moove lag tap etc ...

Why not develop some tools to do work faster.
    Houses can be sold, why not available this feature for any constructions.

Enjoy this game so far.

20. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Work on building lumber yards first. Tolls cost 10 gold to cross but the owner actually only gets 1 gold per crossing, and you have to go collect it. Lumber yards and markets will give you a quicker start to then begin on stone mines and eventually iron. Houses are long term investments for good money.