Universal Capitalism Quest (by Steve O'Gorman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. RandomName

RandomName Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Can somebody tell me the exact time for a lumber yard to make wood? I've waited a while, but I haven't got anything.

2. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    One hour equals one wood

3. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    I've have just about finished my city and do not think I'm going to expand it anymore since I have encountered many new players in the way and do not want to take them over. The coordinates are 300-340x/200-250y. We have lots of markets with lots of cheap stone and wood if anyone is in need. I'm still thinking what I should name the town, but I'm thinking something along the lines of Rockwood or Stonesberg because of the large (and unnecessary) amount of quarries and lumber yards.
    Side note: if you are coming from the sea south of my city you will have to pay 10 coins to cross the border. We have had many problems with people jumping the border without paying, those who do not pay the 10 coins will be deported!

4. RandomName

RandomName Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Wow, that takes longer than I'd like to wait

5. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    Come to my city that I was talking about in my previous post. I have cheap wood it only cost about 2-5 gold and I have lots of markets.

6. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Good news! The TA Road Project has completed the x0:y250 to x250:y250 to x250:y0 part of the road project! There are additional parts completed expanding further than this but these sections are officially done!

7. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    The whole Y Highway is complete because I just finsihed the x251-x500 part.

8. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Very nice!

9. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    X250y400 is done, i will complete x250y400-y500 shortly.

I ve seen many players around x100y300.
    Glad to meet new civilization ^^.

10. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Chnaww, dude I just looked at your area. That amount of resources that close together is crazy! You got a great spot.

11. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    That's cuz he ####in strip mined my national park. Asshole.

12. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    He did mine as well. His resource base is huge though where he's mainly at bottom left.

13. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Yes i started not so far from qdiddy and then decided to move down and see what s over there. Finded a nice spot to settle down.

Qdiddy, if it wasnt me, would be someone else.

14. markaman

Oct 28, 2013
    #94 markaman, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    I'm in the process of surrounding my city with a very dense forest. That's why my charity is ridiculously high right now.

15. vect

vect Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    And here emerges the perfect example of the mindset of capitalism. Congrats gormster, your experiment has succeeded!

On a side note, what did everyone spend their first iron on? I personally started with advanced iron mines. How quickly do luxury houses appreciate?

16. Cravz

Cravz Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Music

Tip for others about game music.

Problem: If playing the game with headphones on the music is not muted even when my device's mute switch is on, the game music will also override podcasts or music from other apps that are playing when you open the game.

Solution: The trick (most may already know this) is to swipe up from the bottom when in the game, and hit the "play button" in your control center - this should switch you from the game music back to the podcast or other music you were listening to.

Small suggestion to dev for in-game mute switch to be added to the app to make this easier for all.

PS I also spent my first iron on advanced iron mines, seemed like a good reinvestment.

17. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Ok I tried playing for 10 minutes cannot build anything and cannot harvest anything. What am I doing wrong?

I just have been swiping around the map.

18. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    I sold my first irons in order to get more wood, then more stone and finally mine iron as much as possible.

19. Cravz

Cravz Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Charity vs Forestration

Calling tree planting "Charity" has two issues:
    1) you can harvest them yourself, so not Charity
    2) if they don't get harvested by someone else then it is not technically "Charity"

A better term for points awarded for tree planting is "Forestration", so when you plant a tree you get points in a leaderboard for "Forestration" (and points subtracted for any deforestration), and then when someone else chops down your trees you get additional points in another leaderboard for "Charity" bc someone else benefited (and that other person loses points in the Forestration leaderboard).

Just a suggestion.

20. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    You have to walk around to earn gold. A lumber yard cost 40gold, you get 1 wood per hour with a lumber.

You can simply generate quick money by buying ressources in market at low price and sell back in another market with higher price.