Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty free too

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sdmiracle, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    (downloading)

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    So disappointing, not because I thought it would be good, but because once I started playing, it was evident the gameplay ideas were more interesting than Mirror's Edge iOS but the execution is absolutely horrible. This game is broken. It has some of the most unresponsive controls I've come across in a good, long while.

3. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    too bad reading some of the reviews. is it that bad indeed? downloading now. for free really can't complain. worst case scenario.. game bombs and i delete it immediately.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I suppose it's obvious now that this game and Thor went free to bring attention to the release of the Avengers game.

5. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Keep trying to play but it crashes on the cutscene

6. brianh1970

brianh1970 Member

May 8, 2012
    Definitely buggy. It crashed on me during the first cutscene and gave me loading issues more than once. The controls aren't the greatest either, BUT...for free it'll work...especially with an update

7. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I don't know why so many negative reviews...I played it about a year ago and had fun with it (forgiving the surrounding envinronment of the game).

8. Same thing happened to me, but if you watch the entire cutscene, it will work. So try that.

Both this game and Thor seem buggy and kind of like beta versions. Both have good game concepts, but both needs some polish. That said, for free they are great, and Thor is a very fun game. Captain America is just so so for me.

9. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Man I'm really digging this game. I liked Mirror's Edge so maybe that explains it. Thor is just mediocre for me...

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Back to $2.99 already? Damn, that was quick.

11. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
  12. medicalbenko

medicalbenko Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    It's free!! Thanks!!

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    And again.

14. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Is this game any good? Looks mediocre to me. Guess I should just try it out.

15. You summed it up well. It's an ok game, worth a buck I guess, but nothing that may stay on your system too long.