Captain America: The Winter Soldier (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheMerc, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #21 Rip73, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Excellent news there Ryan, I'm very glad of that one myself.

2. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    It should be pretty neat. I'm really want to get my hands on a build so I can test it out because the team has been hyping it up for a while now. It's killing me!

It's cool to see the positive reaction to the non-freemium announcement :)

3. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Betcha it's freemium

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, you know me, I'm not necessarily opposed to freemium when done right (as you guys do the majority of the time and all the time recently) but I'm drawn more to premium stuff.
    Particularly in certain types of games as this one appears to be. I'm hopeful MC5 takes the same route.

5. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Betcha it's not. Since I posted about it earlier and I'm in the know :p

6. batmania15

batmania15 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Rofl

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #27 JBRUU, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    +1 positive reaction

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This invalidates all your previous posts in this thread. :D

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... This changes things. Let's hope this isnt too much of a grindfest either.

10. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Not sure as to how the game is going to play just yet, so I can't say. Still waiting to get a build.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, I wish Thor and Iron Man 3 were premium without IAPs. I've purchased other Gameloft games that are premium and haven't even played them yet just because I love there premium stuff. Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I'm not a big CA fan, but I bought the last one anyway!

12. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I was finally able to get my hands on a build and while I can't share anything about it yet, I feel like the team has stepped their game up on this one. I've enjoyed the early parts of the game immensely.

13. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Hey all - I'll be streaming a first-hand look at Captain America: The Winter Soldier today on our Twitch channel at 2PM PST (so in ~1.5hours). Feel free to stop by if you want to check it out as I also, get a first look at the game!

I'm pretty excited to finally get my hands on the game and see what this latest build looks like!

Here's the link: www.twitch.tv/gameloft

14. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    U r not even finish with modern combat 5 and yet u keep putting ur time on other movie game ....

15. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    This one looks pretty darn fun.

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#36 Sanuku, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    There are a lof of Gameloft Studios around the Globe and currently a hole Studio of Gameloft in Budapest is working on Modern Combat 5 to get it finished. Of course the other Studios like Gameloft Singapore or Gameloft Bulgaria or Gameloft Montreal are not just sitting around and doing nothing meanwhile The are working on Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Brothers In Arms 3: Sons of War & more Content Updates for Gameloft Games and other yet unannounced Gameloft Titles that will get released during the upcoming Games

17. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

So true . Get your facts straight before you start judging. ( I've never heard of son of war from gameloft )

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sons of war is the subtitle for BIA3, so "Brothers In Arms 3: Sons of War".
    Currently undergoing substantial revisions from what we last saw so not sure when it'll come.
    MC5 will be summer sometime and BIA3 a month or two before it possibly.

Saw some play of this one (Cap) and it looks like it will be quite good, a very interesting style to it and visually very impressive.
    Plus premium which is very welcome.
    It has iap of course and I'm sure the usual reation to that will apply but from people that have played it, the iap is very much an optional extra, in no way necessary and that everything is earned in game through normal play and progression.
    Wouldn't normally be interested in this type of game but I'm hearing too many good things about it that I'm quite looking forward to see how it plays.

As to the original MC5 commenter, well, we should all be glad that they are working so hard on it with a studio dedicated to it and spending the amount of time they are to get it right rather than complaining and wishing they would release what is an as yet unfinished game.

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Can't wait to play in portrait mode. Any way we could convince Gameloft to put time into IM3 and TDW to make them also be able to turn and play portrait? Haha. I know. Probably not. But it's going to make this one fun!

20. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    As other people have pointed out, we have a lot of studios. Each one has their own project and it just so happens that this game is coming from a studio that isn't working on MC5 :)

I understand that people are eager to get their hands on MC5, trust me I hear it every day, but the team is doing their best to finish it up. Hang in there!

I don't think we have any plans to add portrait mode to any of our older games, but a couple of our other new ones will be in portrait mode as well!