CAR JACK STREETS 2 - Official Development Thread - [by TAGPLAY, Scotland]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SimonTag, Sep 9, 2011.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Looks awesome. Are all the people in the background of you first photos working for CJS?

2. SimonTag

SimonTag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    One of the guys in the photos in on CJS yeah - we tend to huddle teams of people on a project next to each other, so the rest of the CJS team are actually beside and behind Jim (the lead artist on CJS)!

We have discussed both swimming and entering buildings :).

What else would you guys like to see in CJS2?? Is there anything in particular that you think current (and upcoming) mobile gta-sandbox-type shooters are missing?

3. Johnnyboy14

Johnnyboy14 Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I loved the first one, but I wish that it wasn't time management! I wish you could just complete missions and if you didn't want to do that then you can go free roam!

4. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    #24 SimonTag, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
    By the way everyone:

Tagplay is in the business of making games that you guys will love to play, and to do that we have to be willing to open our ears to what you guys want in your gaming experiences. Not many video games development companies do this with real conviction so I have set our studio the challenge of being one that does!

So let us know what you want to see in CJS2; what you hated about the original CJS that we should absolutely avoid repeating; what you loved about CJS that we should absolutely repeat with CJS2; what you already don't like about CJS2, what you already do like, etc etc! :D

5. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Thanks JohnnyBoy for the feedback, the time management dynamic was implemented into Car Jack Streets with the intention of being a cool and new way for a game to progress. However, whilst some people loved it, some people hated it, and we are absolutely taking that into consideration with Car Jack Streets 2. We don't want anyone to hate any aspect of Car Jack Streets 2, just for their faces to be continually melted by the sheer AWESOME!

6. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Will the game support 3GS?

7. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    so can you play the game offline without internet ?
    i´d love to see a shop system like in gta where you buy things and sell them for a higher price somewhere else
    and maybe the ability to dress your character, paint his car, buy a house

8. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Seriously looks cool. I really love this aesthetic you've gone with.

To me it looks like a great marriage between an isometric GTA-like with the over-the-top appeal of Saint's Row. As long as you avoid the time management aspect I don't see any problems.

I would say keep expanding the region over time... I want a sandbox driving/crime-ing game that I can get lost in, in the same way I could in San Andreas... where random weather systems, day and night cycle etc create a great atmosphere to drive around in.
    Random things like Vigilante missions or races in the desert. Or tracking down terrorists. or motorbike races. or hijacking tractors. whatever. San Andreas had so many random things going on it was awesome. or gambling, illegal bare knuckle boxing matches. whatever.

I would suggest also suggest a big playlist of music. Say make it so that when people are connected to Wi-Fi they can get a few special radio channels that stream off the Internet. Different types of music - you could get indie artists in different genres. Or maybe have people be able to have their own stations - which obviously won't be shareable - out of playlists like in the GTA games. This would make driving around all the more entertaining. Interactive radio content could include updates on breaking weather, player actions etc. OK, GTA did this first - but if you could bring this to yours, it would be awesome.

perhaps a sprite editor for your main character - or some system like in The Sims. the ability to make your own billboards, buildings, cars, whatever. then have a user content sharing system. or maybe a mission editor where you can set your own conditions/storyboard a chain of events. or a movie mode where you can make your own little action toons.

there's another idea in that ... maybe a bunch of missions where a ruined film studio head gets it in his head for you to enact a bunch of action sequences for his next picture... but he wants you to do it in real life. and he has ties to organised crime so you have to go do what he says while you work out a solution...

Maybe have a different map entirely you can cross to via flight or ship or something... different country...maybe Asia inspired - or Down Under style :p could have its own set of challenges. this could be a great way of having DLC, whether or not it's IAP or not... or have a border crossing which becomes part of the storyline...rogue gangs coming up from 'The Southlands' or you have to sneak in for a bunch of assassination missions or something...

9. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    It would be nice if the AI (whether they are in cars or just walking) react differently depending on what you do near them. Also, hopefully the AI's driving skills will be better than those in Gangstar 2.:D

Oh, also it would be cool to have a pick pocketing ability (kinda like in Assassins Creed) where you just sneak up behind someone and do a little puzzle to pull stuff (money, ammo, keys) out of their bags or pockets.

10. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    This STILL isn't out yet?

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hmmm... I'd say enterable buildings would be awesome. Lots of vehicles, boats, planes, choppers, etc... (a tank would be cool :p) Character customization would be AWESOME, as in: customizable hair, clothes, features, etc. That would be great.

12. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    #32 Barcâ, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
    Come on. Don't start this again.

@Simon

Frankly, I really disliked the real time play mechanic from the first one. Please tell me that this is not a factor in the sequel.

I would like to see destructible cars, some time of destruction engine that Real Racing 2 has, or the console Gta-like-sandbox games have. Im not saying that it needs to be extremely accurate, but dented cars, and or street assets (mailboxes, light poles, other cars, etc.) would be awesome.

13. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Yes we apologise again for the delay. As I have noted however, this game is very much on its way and is set for a Q1 2012 launch.

In other news, I have asked the lead designer and lead artist on the Car Jack Streets 2 project to join in on the conversation - which they will be doing soon soon :). Particularly they will address the real-time mechanic questions as well as other features questions asked by the community!

14. HorzeyTAG

HorzeyTAG Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Hello there!

Hey Guys, I'm one of the Designers working on Car Jack Streets 2. I hope you guys like what you've seen so far from TAG, theres more to come.
    Simon has covered some details for Car Jack Streets 2 so far but if you have any further questions be sure to post them up and i'll try and get back to you asap.
    Cheers for all your feedback so far, and keep it coming. :)

15. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Could somebody please tell me what exactly this game's about? As I haven't played the first game I don't know..
    Thanks

Btw the trailer looks really cool and I love the design, it looks like a must buy for me!

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    It's essentially a GTA clone, like Gangstar or Payback... but unique in it's own way :)

17. HorzeyTAG

HorzeyTAG Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Hey Dude,

Let me start by saying put your money away...
    Car Jack Streets 2 is completely FREE :eek:

As for the Game we are creating a sandbox style game similar to original GTA but with a more retro art style (as you've seen from the art work and video).
    Our main aim is to create a game that’s first and foremost Fun to play :D
    with likeable characters, fast cars and of course a large selection of weaponry for you guys to cause some carnage.

I can't give to much away at the moment but we'll keep you guys posted:cool:

18. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I have a bad feeling about this Free thing. To Be honest I would rather pay $9.99 for this than shelling out cash for in game whatevers.

19. chase123

chase123 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pakistan,Karachi.
    Well,he did say it is completely free.

20. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    I agree, but who knows they might surprise us:cool: