CAR JACK STREETS 2 - Official Development Thread - [by TAGPLAY, Scotland]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SimonTag, Sep 9, 2011.

1. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Kinda a random suggestion, but you know how you guys said you would be adding on new sections to the map in updates? While the areas are still being worked on could you have the area be "under construction" with construction signs, workers, and vehicles and stuff denoting that it is being worked on? I know its kinda confusing but do you get what I'm saying? Its just one of those small details that in my opinion would make the whole game experience a little more enjoyable.

2. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    You must be aware that Tag games is still poison to the thousands of users who were caught up in the Astro Ranch debacle and right or wrong, reviews for any freemium games you put out may reflect the feelings of those who felt they were cheated.

For those who do not know the history of Astro Ranch, basically it was released as a paid game, then Tag changed it to a freemium game and those who already paid for the full game suddenly had to pay more to be able to play. After many complaints here and elsewhere and blistering reviews, Tag knew they screwed up, but did nothing to fix the problem. Instead of "grovelling", Tag should have listened to what everyone was telling them and simply rolled back the update.

Even now, that Tag has this "huge" staff and all these resources, nothing is being done to placate disgruntled Astro Ranch customers (how hard would it be to offer Astro Ranch for free as a gesture of good will?)

Everyone should just be aware that despite claims to the contrary, this developer makes up his mind what to do and ignores all comments, solicited or otherwise.

3. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Yeah I get where you are coming from, but regardless of Tag's past blunders I am confident that CJS2 will be a success. Just give them a chance. Everyone needs to experiment to find what works best. In a sense, it is better that they got the worst out of the way already.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #64 Echoseven, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
    Joehunt, that unpleasantness was more than a year ago. Do you know how long that it in iOS years? Practically ancient history. I'm sure they learned their lesson, move on.

5. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    #65 joehunt, Sep 15, 2011
    They should not be experimenting in the app store and should fix their screw ups before going on to other projects. Their pro version, which costs $10, is full of bugs and they have apparently abandoned it. I wonder if you would be so forgiving if you paid a developer $5 (for the original game) or $10 for the pro one and then have them completely ignore all associated problems.

Like I said, with the huge staff they now claim to have, they can easily remedy this situation.

The stain will not got away until it's cleaned up.

6. HorzeyTAG

HorzeyTAG Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Hey Jumpman475, Yes i totally get what your saying and thats exactly what we plan to do. We want people to get the feeling of a living breathing city. Personally i love when games add little extras like this. (i think theres a mission in GTA 3 that involves you blowing up a construction site, and thereafter the site is demolished giving you a feeling that you made that happen) :D
    We will have construction sites to introduce new buildings or areas you can access. And alot of the ideas you guys have already mentioned have already been discussed... but i'm keeping hush for now! :p

7. HorzeyTAG

HorzeyTAG Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Yes will we have Customising in the game, and not only your character.

8. SimonTag

SimonTag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    #68 SimonTag, Sep 15, 2011
    ...??? :D

9. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Thank you for your understanding Jumpman, mistakes are always learned from and I can assure you, and all others, that we have learnt from ours. Car Jack Streets 2 will be nothing but unadulterated awesome :)!

Regarding comments that we don't listen to our fans; whilst there may have been communications issues in the past, I have been brought into the studio to make sure that you guys can make your voices heard. I have been brought in specifically to get our team talking with you the players and to make sure the team knows exactly what you want in our games. So, trust me, despite what anyone may feel from the past, everything everyone is saying in this thread is being championed by me straight to the team! You won't find better communication with any other established video games development studio than TAGPLAY, I can promise you that.

10. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    @SimonTag

Nono - really. We don't mind some adultery in our Awesome. :D

11. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Haha, well played Nullroar. ;)

12. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Awesome. That is great to hear:D

13. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Yep, we can't give all of the secrets away so soon! We will however be discussing over next week how we will be 'spilling' information to you guys over the rest of the development cycle for your comment and critique ! :D

Simon

14. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Sounds cool!

15. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    So this isn't coming out anytime soon?

16. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland

Q1 2012... so pretty soon :).

17. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Still a while for an iPhone game but I don't think it's too bad a wait. Especially considering how long the wait has already been.

18. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Looks cool. Can't wait.

19. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Regarding the freemium thing, why don't you just begin a kickstarter like the Star Command dev's did to raise money. Once that target is reached you can sell CJS2 for a one-off fee knowing all bills are covered.

20. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    I'm so looking forward to this game!!!