CAR JACK STREETS 2 - Official Development Thread - [by TAGPLAY, Scotland]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SimonTag, Sep 9, 2011.

1. SimonTag

SimonTag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    I liked the GTA cheat codes for messing around in my spare time, however I am not so sure we will be able to have the same kind of cheats in CJS2 because cheating in your game will affect other peoples games and will give you an unfair advantage. How about secrets? Or secret areas a la Final Fantasy? Good social ideas by the way!

Do you guys feel that that making money/increasing gang rep by doing that kind of stuff with your friends, i.e. not with an NPC, would make such social elements more appealing?

Indeed, the original CJS came out in 2008 on J2ME and the first iPhone. That was pretty much the stone ages of mobile gaming. Look at how far things have come though in only 3 years! It's crazy to think where we'll be in another 3 years!

2. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    #102 SimonTag, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

3. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I would love to finally find big foot in the woods. ;)

4. ADR GANG

ADR GANG Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Amen to that.

5. HorzeyTAG

HorzeyTAG Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Indeed, BIGFOOT ROCKS!

[​IMG]

6. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Just my thoughts but I wouldn't want to see that. I actually stay away from social elements in a game, I have always preferred to "go it alone" Rambo stylee! I don't have any particular ideas but I'd like to see grinding, level ups etc handled in the background and just concentrate on the game world and having fun with it. That was one of the things I loved about Crackdown on the Xbox 360.

Will this game be universal?

7. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    +1, I woudn't want the social aspect to be required, sometimes i just want to pick up and play for a few minutes. if it were harder to go alone, thats fine. :)

8. spy

spy Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I like what I see on the first pages and this game is very promising.

You are asking for ideas. I have not that many but I would like to say what I think is done wrong in the GTA games, as they are the role model for games like this.

I don't like to drive unnecessary around, just for the sake of doing something. It's plain boring. Shortcut mechanics without penalties should be required (no Taxi, more like screen black and you are at the new area). Such things are distracting from the core element of every game: fun. And it's no fun to drive around.

More so when you are in a mission, where you certainly gonna die because game devs think trial and error is fun. So you drive the whole way again.

And I don't like the penalties GTA does when dying. It's no fun to loose all weapons when going crazy. That's the best part of those games, going crazy. GTA IV tried to replace that with realism and atmosphere, but their mission design was awful. The only GTA game I didn't play through to the end.

GTA I, GTA II and GTA III where better in that respect. In GTA I you could go crazy, should the cops with all you got and start at the next hospital again. Ok, you lost your weapons there too, but the cheats made it satisfying.

When talking of multiplayer, are players collaborating or competing? Is it possible to drive together in one car?

How strong is the police? Because it's more fun, when you have the upper hand.

Problem why GTA III and above became unfair were the police helicopters. They shot you wherever you tried to hide.

I remember the good times I had in GTA I on PS, it was buginfested, but it made so much fun to destroy as many upcoming police cars as the PS could handle. No helicopters to stop you from above. Same with GTA II.

And as the others state above, it's no fun with in-game social elements. I want to destroy, shoot stuff. Real life is busy enough, so why replicate that in a game? When being 16 and having all the time in the world, maybe then, yes. But I'm almost 30 and have two kids. Not that much time for gaming is left :D

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    To summarize: please remove all challenge from the game and let me treat the city like a playground. Sounds like you're asking for a special sandbox mode, because what you are describing isn't really a game -- it's a virtual punching bag ;).

10. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    Yeah right. GTA IV was boring.

You got to be kidding.

11. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Thus is a 2.5d game right? Not full third person?

12. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Hey there everyone! Thank you for your comments, we have been taking them all on board here at Tag!

Car Jack Streets 2 will be 3D :)!

13. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    So CTW 3d or GTA 3 3d?

14. ADR GANG

ADR GANG Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    More like CTW to me.

15. chase123

chase123 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pakistan,Karachi.
    I hope it to be a Chinatown wars style game,It was good.

16. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Can you guys release a trailer or something to get hype back up?

17. SouperSauce

SouperSauce Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Roseville, CA, US
    I think IAP should only be used for clothes, accessories, etc. NOT for the game. From what I've seen, and that's veeeery little, I would easily pay 4.99-6.99 for this game. But I want to see a world map.

18. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Yeah I'd like that too...

19. chriser

chriser Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    simple question: when?

20. Mustache Games

Mustache Games Active Member

Nov 20, 2011
    We work together on creating extraordinary, user f
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    The video is great!
    We also liked this type of Graphics very much, it's a big fun!

Keep working, guys, good luck with the sequel!