Universal Carcassonne - 2011 TouchArcade GOTY Runner Up! [Expansion Packs Out]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Jun 4, 2010.

1. #45 in Paid Apps and #30 for Paid Games for German appstore with 1,075 five star ratings
    #171 in Paid Apps and #104 for Paid Games for USA appstore with 687 five star ratings

As of today June 24, 2010 that is the ranking of Carcassonne. So yeah the Germans tend to like strategy games way more than Americans. Just stating the facts.

2. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    That is odd. I played a game earlier where I had 3 meeples in a city compared to my opponents 2 and we shared the points.

3. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Ok that's it, this game is BROKEN. I suspected it before but now I'm sure.
    Just finished an online game where I had 2 meeples in a field compared to 1 from my opponent. I checked it 4 times so I was sure I could not lose but when the points were awarded we shared them. I had 2 meeples, he had 1. It's BROKEN.

4. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    What's with the Email thing? And how do I add people?

5. never seen that happen. If it did it's a bug.

Email you send an invite to a friend and they must check their email on their iphone/ipod touch/iPad or get that text link some other way on their idevice. Once that is done both of you are friends and can invite one another. No time limit with friends and it's a separate ELO rating than with Quick Play which has a 90 second timer to make a move.

6. bdshort

bdshort Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Ok, so I have run into my first issue with this game. Are the moves for an asynchronous Internet game stored on the phone or a server? I just upgraded to the iPhone 4 today and in my match with my girlfriend, we are 6 moves or so out of synch. Also, I've made a move or two in another game since last synching my old phone, which has since been wiped, and now I'm worried that those games may be off.

Help!

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Yes, I hope the devs hear this or maybe I could send them a message asking for it to be added in an update but a way to view the board with all Meeples on it after the game ends is a great way to show new players how the scoring went down for the game.

I've never noticed any incorrect scoring yet. Farms are the trickiest part to score at the end of the game because a Meeple can score 3 points for any city it can actually walk to so it is very possible to play a Meeple in one corner but have him score for cities in the opposite corner.

I haven't experienced this myself and I was playing with a friend who just upgraded his iPhone 3G to the iPhone 4 and another friend who upgraded to an iPad from an iPod Touch. Maybe it was just some crazy bug. :confused:

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I've been playing the game quite a bit now, havent noticed the rules failing even once. If you really think its happening with you, make sure you have screenshots of the game right before you make your last move so you can re-confirm just in case you missed something earlier. If it still turns out to be a problem, post the pics here.

9. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Next time take a screenshot before the game ends. If you share the points it probably is because you share the field area, if all three meeples end up in the same field area, it does not matter how many meeples you have there.

10. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I suspect you just missed counting one of the AI's meeples.

11. Ramses

Ramses Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I have one question befora buying the game, if some of you can help me i would really be thankful! Does the game support multiplayer on the same device?

12. MrBaconpants

MrBaconpants Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Web Developer
    Pittsburgh, PA
    YES its pass and play.

13. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Pass and play? Yes, it certainly does. :)

14. Ramses

Ramses Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks guys! Buying it now :D

15. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    That is one of my favorite things about the game. You can play a game with anywhere between 2 to 5 total players and have any amount of them either human players or AI.

Then if you have no friends to play pass and play with and don't feel like playing against the AI you can play Solitaire which is also lots of fun. :p

16. MinervaDreaming

MinervaDreaming New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I am LOVING this game, so much. I like it better than the Xbox Live version, I think because of the perspective.

In any case - I'm having an issue where internet quick games are timing out and giving me the loss, anyone else? I wasn't getting this before the latest update.

iPhone 3GS, on wifi.

17. Chops420

Chops420 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Multiplayer does indeed seem somewhat broken. I've played maybe 8 games online through wifi and the results aren't great. 2 wins 2 losses and 4 games I supposedly lost. I did not lose those other 4 games. The clock ran down on what I thought was their turn but the message I got was that I had lost because I timed out. Another time the clock ran down and the game just got stuck. I think the devs need to work on a multiplayer update before any DLC. Except for the wonky online play the game is really good.

18. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I've played 4 random games so far. Two times the other person left, which I have a pretty good feeling it was intentional. The other two times I won 1 and lost 1.

Has this been happening to you for a bit or just recently because I noticed on their Twitter they did talk about network issues they were having recently but they said it should be fixed now.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I finally picked this up and I love it! I'd never played before, but took a chance. Such a great game. I haven't tried online play yet, though. I want to play single player for a while before venturing into the unknown.... I also like the solitaire game. It's a nice variant.

EDIT: also now thinking about picking up the "real" version. I mean the board game. Or card game. Whatever this game is. :)

20. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Sent the developer an email and I'm YET to get a reply. It's pretty outragious. Maybe it's my lack of Patience or the fact that maybe their swamped. I just hope they get back to me.