Universal Carcassonne - 2011 TouchArcade GOTY Runner Up! [Expansion Packs Out]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Jun 4, 2010.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    did you check your spam folder? It's an automated email so your account probably filtered it

2. 1bitpaw

1bitpaw Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    USA
    Spam folder appears to be empty

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I noticed this too and have since played Frank a couple times. I love the 8-Bit tiles he uses and he is a bit tough.

Honestly I was shocked when I noticed this addition to the game. The last thing I expected in the game was new AI. I'd love if they added some more AI in the future, unique tiles or not. :D

4. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    So in a game of Carcassonne with Squeaker, Vovin and 1bitpaw, it's my turn apparently, but I never got a push notification and every time I log in to the game it shows that it's the player before's turn and won't advance to let me take my turn, despite that I've posted a conversation message in the game, and have let it refresh for about 20 minutes straight. Has anyone else had this issue before?

5. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i think im in that one too. im mojo. maybe it is 1bitpaws turn? on my device it says that it is his turn...

6. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Yep, it appears to be a glitch in the game related to the problem he mentioned above...so I guess the game is on hold until further notice.

7. 1bitpaw

May 20, 2010
    USA
    Contacted them one week ago but no reply yet..

8. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    Hey guys,

Currymutton and I were playing a game that just suffered the same bug as yours. It's the second time it happens to us. We left the game open to see what happens, but the first time around, it just stayed frozen until we decided to cancel it.

I hope they are aware of this and finding a solution. I guess I'll play more Samurai for the time being.

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Just when our game is getting interesting...

May be we start another one rather than sitting there waiting for it to get fixed.

10. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    And then that one gets stuck too. :p

11. 1bitpaw

May 20, 2010
    USA
    Got a reply from the dev of Carcassonne and was able to reconnect. Sorry to all those who waited for me :/

12. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    Hi 1bitpaw,

Did the dev give you a solution to the problem? How were you able to reconnect to your game?

I've also got games that are stuck and don't know what to do. I guess I'll have to contact them personally also?

Thanks. :)

13. 1bitpaw

May 20, 2010
    USA
    Yes I suggest you contact him personally.
    He replied to me with a Carcassonne link that connected my ipod back to my online account.

14. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Where are the expansions?

15. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    No worries--I'm just happy we can start playing again. :)

16. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Has there been any more details on when the universal update might hit the App Store as well as the expansions? :confused:

17. amroc

amroc Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Male
    Games Programmer
    London, England
    Got this the other day, and been playing it with friends on my iPad. It's totally brilliant. I never played the original board game, but I think it's one that benefits from being computerised so much (auto scoring etc). You've done a really great job.

So just wanted to say congrats and thanks lots :) To me, it feels a complete steal at the price.

18. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    This game needs expansions as in-game DLC as soon as possible!

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I think it need the universal version first... :p

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Please hold off on the universal update as long as possible, because once it's out I'm going to find it extremely difficult not to buy an iPad, and believe me, I really shouldn't be buying one. :)

Great game, and keep up the good work... but get those expansions out, get rid of reliance on email addresses, or at least allow adding friends from quick play games without email addresses, and, yeah, get the iPad update out too. :)