Universal Card City Nights (by Ludosity)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    This or one spear will get it

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    You have to replace a deck by dragging a deck you want to keep onto a deck you want to delete and it will ask you if you want to replace the deck answer yes and it will delete the deck.

3. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I would guess Out There will win that honor, but this game is worthy as well. One Spear Savage would shock me, good game but wrong week.

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #44 Xexist, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    ok you just sold me :)

And universal to boot. Im going to go get my ipad nowwww

5. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Thanks! Appreciated.

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It would depend on your strategy, as there is cards that have effects when they get disabled, so being able to disable your own cards isn't always a bad thing.

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm fairly new to card games and am not one to buy on release or near release but this game seemed intriguing! So far I'm loving it. The game seems simple enough to learn and should have a fair amount if strategy.

I'd definitely recommend it for the .99 as it's a total steal! I wonder if the game will have any free updates to expand the quest / goal of 8 main battles?

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    First of all, this game plays even more fantastic on my iPhone than on my PC... touchscreens ftw! It's a fantastic port with responsive controls and addicting gameplay. For a buck, without IAP, this is the no-brainer of the week!

Yes, you might miss something. ;)

As in card games like Magic:the Gathering or others, you have cards that seem to have drawbacks at first.
    Some of these cards are so powerful or unusual, that they have drawbacks to balance the whole game.
    But a drawback is sometimes not a drawback if you take a closer look at these cards. I don't wanna spoil around here, because finding out stuff is the most fun, so here's just a little advice.
    Look at these uncommon cards and compare them to other cards. There might be combos which actually turn the drawback into a merit. Remember that all cards were crafted with a purpose in mind. If you play your cards correctly, you should always have an advantage.

9. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Wow that bouncer is hard to beat... his deck just keeps on topping up his defence! I've figured out how to beat him but I feel kind of grubby building a deck to specifically target him...

Love this game - can't believe how good it is for such a low price! And it's so refreshing to have a CCG without IAP!

10. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    So far I'm loving it :D

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #51 L.Lawliet, Feb 28, 2014
    I got beat on my very second battle but this game is freakin awesome. The arrows add so much fun to this game + the art makes it pleasing to the eye. It's probably going down as one of my favorite card games on iOS ever, if not the best. It's great for a pick up and play and doesn't take a while to build up like Ascension (not that Ascension is bad, that game is also amazing).

I loooove opening booster packs. I'm loving it so much that I'm afraid I'll run out of stuff to collect.

Btw I got some amazing cards on my 2nd booster of the game. TWO golds! So happy! An attack card worth 2 damage and another card that "placement removes a random opponent card." I think these are both going to be invaluable. Man I'm getting giddy like Pokemon all over again.

Note: Remember guys, tap the scenery to find random coins hanging around. I keep forgetting to heck how much each is worth but hey, free money!

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Rather than attacking them direct a useful aproach is to attack their cards as if they can't play any cards because of a full grid then you win anyway. ;)

13. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Fair enough, i will assume it is possible to build a deck that gets some good benefits when your cards are disabled. I have seen couple cards that do things like this so im sure it is, and would make for an interesting strategy.

Also, i an little iffy on attacking opponents cards rather than them directly. If i attack cards with an attack of 3, is there a way to split the attack (1 to a card, 2 direct) or will they always all be used on the card i am attacking? (In which case it is better to use lower attacks on cards, and higher as direct hits)

14. dotHaku

dotHaku New Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Hello touch-arcadians!
    Developer here. I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words you've given and that we are very happy you guys like our game! We're still working to improve the game in some aspects and a patch is coming soon that adds more post-game content, new cards and also a bunch of bug fixes. It should be up as soon as it passes apples verification!

Cheers!

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #55 Vovin, Feb 28, 2014
    Attack goes to one card, afaik.

Always keep in mind that the decks of your opponents are designed by the devs. Those decks have key cards, which your opponents need to follow their strategy. Take out those cards and you'll render your opponents harmless and their decks useless junk.

If you play a pure attack deck and your opponent a strong defense deck, it's a hell of work to defeat him with just direct damage. He will always have enough defense points. But if you just keep blowing away his key cards, he's already doomed.

To answer your question: the value is often only secondary in importance. Take out those cards he needs to form combos, no matter the value.

16. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Sounds great! One thing would be great to fix would be the AI's tendency sometimes to play a card into a hopeless position - on an empty board, sometimes it'll place a card with just an arrow on its top left into the top left position of the board - effectively locking it there for the remainder of the game.

This aside, WHAT a great game ;-)

17. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    It is great to see the developer posting here. I am loving this game. Left my 5 star review on the App Store.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Not usually big into card games but this one has me intriqued. Might have to pick it up and give it a try.

19. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Welcome to TA and thanks for a fun game! I dab in card games a little from time to time and usually get overwhelmed. This is one of the very few that I can grasp the basic gameplay easily and can see myself still playing months from now. A really nice thing to me is acquiring additional card pack is all done through in game currency. I love the art of the game, making the game feel like a joy to play. Thanks!

20. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks for giving your impressions. I already have too many games to play, but I can't resist this launch price, especially considering that it has no IAP.