Universal Card City Nights (by Ludosity)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 27, 2014.

1. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    I'm really enjoying this. Props to the developers.

2. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Love the recycle feature but heads up devs- i recycled 20 points to get a booster pack, opened it up and then closed the app. I came back later and both the cards from the booster (which i really liked :( ) and the cards i used to recycle were gone
    EDIT- Nevermind. The booster pack cards are gone, but the cards i used to recycle are still there. Still worth looking into though as it could probably be abused to reroll boosters

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    So what is everyones favorite cards? (In spoilers maybe?)

4. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This is the strangest game, but I am really enjoying it so far. Glad I got it.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I am so addicted to this game right now. It's going next to my favorite card games :)

I love all the different strategies involved in playing. The deck types are all unique and there's no one deck that can dominate the game, you need to make different types. Like I definitely have a "main deck" but I have another deck fighting defensive and offensive players. Though beating offensive players is difficult for me because it's hard for me to always get enough shields lined up before I get wiped clean.

Some recommendations to this already great game would be to maybe show a damage counter when it asks you if you want to attack? Maybe above the life points show a "-X" for amount of damage to be incurred? I just find that quicker than having to count up all my cards though it's not a big deal.

Secondly, I think the splash screen and the Icon could use some replacing. The game has great graphics but these are really pixelated. I have a JB so I actually just re-edited the icon and fixed it myself (if anyone wants a copy message me). However I hope the devs will fix that in the next update.

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    A concede button would be nice for when you are in the middle of a best of 3 or best of 5 and you just skunked a game, but dont want to back out of the challenge completely, so you dont have to play the game out in its entirety.

7. WaspStung

WaspStung Member

Oct 23, 2011
    calculords and this one are the best tcgs on the appstore. all other are dark, complicated and boring.

8. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I love 'complicated' card games as well, but the simplicity of this game actually works well for a mobile game :)

9. Denzalo

Denzalo Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Goddess of Explosions is easily my favorite card so far. Second would be Iji DX.

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just thought I'd post my stats.
    Cropped the pic to remove spoilers for showing the legendary cards, I've got the first four.

Attached Files:

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Thanks for cropping! I'm actually going slow because the game isn't super long and grinding for fun. I'm actually excited to find new cards because it's so fun to see cards you've never seen before. And thanks people for using spoiler tags.

I've hit almost 4 hours already with 2 legendaries so far!

12. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    Just got my first legendary. Definitely enjoying this game and the humor.

13. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I wasn't initially interested in the game based on graphics, storyline -- but the gameplay looked appealing & I do love CCG's and this game was so easy to learn -- it's quite fun to play, really enjoy it. :)

14. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Guys I have never played a Card game. Encore but I heard great thing about it!
    Can anybody tell me how a card game is played or should I just buy it!!!

15. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Each card game has a different rule, so it would be hard to teach you something. But, their common point is they use strategy.
    However, this game has a good tutorial and it is easy to understand. Maybe watch videos on internet (already have a PC version) and see if you like it or not.

16. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    So I have fought loafer multiple times and won multiple booster packs. Will she keep giving them out infinitely for victories or will she run out of them?

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Infinite I believe

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    My game glitched out. My first visit to the recycle center and I threw in some cards.. only had enough for 10. I exited because I couldn't recycle. Then I check my inventory and many of my cards all had different inventory counts. I couldn't see a pattern and not all my cards were affected but I got extra purples and extra golds. Hell now I have THREE of the same legendary card! I couldn't reproduce the glitch however. I am obviously the Card City Master because I own all THREE blue eyes white... nvm. lol.

Also an issue or bug I have with the recycle center is that it won't let me sell duplicate cards that have at least one in an existing deck. So for instance I put all my golds into my decks but I have an duplicate gold (which is obviously useless). I can't sell that duplicate unless I remove all of that type of card from all of my decks. Weird.

19. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I also find it annoying that they make it so hard to recycle duplicates. It's a pain having to take the card out of all of my decks just to be able to recycle it. I hope they have a fix for it soon, but I am still enjoying this game regardless.

Also, is there a way to delete a deck? I couldn't seem to find the option.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I guess that wasn't a bug then..

I believe to delete, drag your existing deck on top of the deck you want to get rid of and it'll ask if you want to move or replace. Then just replace it. I think that's how it works.