Universal Card City Nights (by Ludosity)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 27, 2014.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Drag one of the empty decks over the deck you want to replace. That deletes it.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    The One Deck to Rule Them All (almost)

[​IMG]

3. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks! She just gave me a deck with cards I already had so I guess it's time to move on.

4. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    You forgot to say anything about your deck.

5. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Wait... You can change your avatar?

Beyond that... I friggin' love this game. Took me a minute to like it, but once I got my bearings I was all in! This game also has a funky sound track that keeps me grooving.

This game needs more of a spotlight.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm I thought there were arrows or something on the avatar. I forget but maybe you missed it!

Anyhow, this game is so good CURRENTLY, this would be my game of the year. Hell it's on Steam as well as Android. It can take over all the markets :)

7. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I know! I had no idea there was an option to change the avatar either. I must have been in such a hurry to start playing the game.

And I don't remember being this hooked on a game in a long time. I finally beat the game after 9 hours, but I want more content! Does anyone know if they'll have the post-game update like the one on Steam?

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ I believe the dev came by the forums to say that there should be an expansion pack coming real soon. I believe steam already has it though I'm not sure. I hear it's harder / more cards.

Btw you shoulda played slower. I'm almost 6 hours in and 2 legendaries only :)

9. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I look forward to the new content.

And I didn't really grind for cards or beat opponents multiple times.. I just built my deck off the few cards I got. It feels more exciting to construct my decks that way.

I pretty much ran through the game with the same strategy, but i wanna try new playstyles now. I just wish I could rematch all the opponents because it would greatly increase replayability.

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Okay just beat the game. Without giving anything away, the last boss is tough. Really tough. My deck is pretty good though but even so required a lot of lucky draws and more importantly required the boss to have bad draws.

I wont post spoilers here or anything, but will answer PM's if anyone wants to know my deck. (Its red / neutral based)

11. bgkoh

bgkoh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
  12. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Awesome game.
    I finished the game with a very offensive based deck, losing only once.
    I'm now unlocking every card i'm missing

If the dev is here : shouldn't the ios version have the same bonus battle after the end of the game as the steam version ?
    The regular ennemies are too easy to fight I need some challenge :D

13. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Ah i didn t see that message !
    Hope it'll be available soon :D

14. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Played this one a lot for 3 or 4 days. Beat it pretty easily with an aggressive deck. The AI just has a few flaws...which is probably necessary with as good as that final deck is.

Just wanted to say that the game is great. Very nice balance of strategy versus tactics. Really light. A prize at $.99. And I think deserving of a slightly higher price point. I'm looking forward to new content and would be happy to pay for it.

15. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Finally unlocked every card in (current version of) the game.
    Had some fun with trying some different deck types.

My initial deck, which I used to win the game, was mostly an offensive deck with some utility packed inside (IE : mostly attack cards, offensive legendary & some restore/heal spells + a "Stack of pancakes" card as an alternate win conditions against very defensive decks)

I then created a very, VERY offensive deck with zero defense. Does the job, but kinda dull to play.

I also created a control / mill deck that seems to work pretty well.
    Objective : Remove as much card from your opponent deck as possible, while defending yourself using cards that make you invulnerable to damage while they are active.
    Add as much control as possible so you distrupt your ennemy plans while biding your time.

Quite a blast to play, and an auto-win against defensive-themed decks.

Also tried to play a "rotate ennemy" type deck, but I'm missing a definitive win condition, and it's a bit too random for my taste

The inclusion of the next batch of cards in the next update should help with that (Update adds another permanent mill card similar to stack of pancakes :D)

16. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Is there a card list somewhere in game? I wonder which I'm missing.

17. Makaze

Makaze Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
  18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Man I wish this game had a mode (probably in deck box view) where you can just view a card gallery. Put the card list on the left and use the right side of the screen to see the image of the cards. That would be sweet. I'm a collector so I love looking through all the things I got.

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Cloud support? I'm becoming quite frustrated with universal games that don't have cloud support. I'm assuming that I'm like many others who may have an iPhone & iPad and hate to have two separate games going one on the iPhone & one on the iPad. Without iCloud save files across devices playing some games becomes a burden as opposed to being fun.

Any chance this game will add iCloud support?

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Update is out with the expansion!!! Woot!

Except I didn't beat the game yet :) I'm still taking it slow. It'll be nice to know there's more waiting for me afterwards. The description doesn't sound too clear however.. only 3 new cards? And I guess some extra bosses with stacked decks I suppose. Will have to see later.

Also aside from a card gallery, adding multiple save slots would be nice so I can enjoy the funny dialogue again without having to reset my game. I really love the story here. It's not deep but there is a nice story. I did read some reviews saying the story is non-existent and you don't notice it... that's just completely and utterly false. The game is amplified by the story and the funky world (after the first match you realize weirdos and monsters are common in this town).