Universal Card City Nights (by Ludosity)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 27, 2014.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Same here, this is a great game, I haven't finished yet (only got four legendary cards) but always thankful for more content.

2. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    #102 Laenor, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Wee update is out.
    My defensive deck is more awesome than ever now :D

Card listing (in case anyone is interested) :
    1x - Iji DX - Legendary - While card is enabled, owner takes no damage. Start of turn : +1 defense to owner

1x - Anna Ban - Rare - Placement : Disable a target enabled card
    1x - Brickopalypse - Rare - Placement : Disable a random enabled opponent card, then remove this card
    1x - Iji - Rare - Revive Combo : +2 Defense
    1x - Jenny Deer - Rare - Revive Combo : +2 defense
    1x - Stack of Pancakes - Rare - Start of turn : Discard 1 card from opponent's deck

3x - Adwoa - Uncommon - Revive combo : Remove all own cards and gain 1 defense for each
    3x - Business Casual Man - Uncommon - Start of turn : Discard 1 card from opponent's deck
    3x - Destructive Magic - Uncommon - Attack combo : Discard 2 card from opponent's deck
    3x - Health Potion - Uncommon - Placement : Revive a random disabled card then remove this card
    3x - Young Lichious Turnip - Uncommon - While card is enabled, owner takes no damage

5x - Apathetic Jenny - Common - Placement : Discard 2 card from opponent's deck
    3x - Devasom - Common - Placement : Remove target own card

Basic tactic is :
    Protect yourself.
    Disable your opponent threats (Brickopalypse / Anna Ban / Destructive Magic + Adwoa)
    Mill your opponent card after card.

If required :
    - Use Devasom to combo with Iji, to stall 1 turn or to remove other useless cards.
    - Use Adwoa as a revive card to clear your board and gain defense f it's too full of cards

I think I could probably improve the deck a bit more, but as it is, it's pretty brutal.

Edit.: Added spoiler tag, just in case people want to discover cards by themselves :)

3. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I'm taking it slow also. Nice to know they added more content for free. This was money well spent.

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Can someone tell me how to rotate a card, please? I cannot figure it out. I'm sure it's very simple.

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    The Apathetic Frog (Beta) isnt working properly (or the text is wrong). It only clears out MY cards, and not hers.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I guess I was a bit confused as you were at first. Basically, some cards have a rotate effect added to it or it's an effect based on fulfilling a certain condition. Basically, you can't manually rotate whenever you want to. It'll only happen under certain conditions.

7. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    That's weird, because the card seems to work properly for your enemy.
    Are you sure the card used by your enemy don't state "This card can't be removed" ?

8. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Forgive my ignorance here but I got this game a few days ago and there doesn't seem to be much challenge. I find if you simply attack 2 or 3 of your opponent's cards they run out of board space and lose. It works 8 times out of 10 I'd say.

9. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    The game is pretty easy, yeah, at least the first fights, but way cool :D

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    You are bang on. The 'bug' is that I need to learn to read lol.

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Great review by the way ;)

12. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Hey guys. Any suggestions where to farm for packs? Im going for full attack deck. :D

4 legendaries so far.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    If you really want a challenge, just change your deck and play a different style. If you think your deck is too good for the opponent then make it weaker. Just like how the best card players will handicap themselves to play with other people. The beauty of this game is that there are decks, so if your super awesome deck is making the game too easy, then don't use it.

And also some enemies are good at reviving and defense where attacking their cards won't work unless you can line them up perfectly every turn. And I'd get bored if the AI was "edited" so that it'd keep attacking you (to make it harder). I don't want every different personality in the game acting the same just so they can be harder. And the AI isn't a human so I'm not expecting it to be a genius at destroying me.

In fact, if you want more of a challenge then I suggest you don't grind for cards and just play each major battle and I'm sure it'll be more difficult. The game isn't overly difficult for me but it's now my favorite card game.

14. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I'm sorry but that's not a reasonable answer IMO. That's like telling Chelsea or Man City to play with their reserve side so they don't win the league too easily. No game should rely on the player to handicap themselves just to provide a challenge.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Uhh that's a perfectly reasonable answer.

Why not handicap yourself? You're not in the Olympics. It's not the greatest challenge in the world.

In fact, I have a perfect answer for you. Many card games similar to this BAN uses of certain decks and cards because they are too powerful. I'm guessing your deck has golds and a legendary in it. IF card city was real life, how much you wanna bet league play would ban legendaries? Pretty much 100%. NO cards guarantee a win but cards with an unfair advantage over all other cards are banned. This is even more so in Card City because only 8 people will have these cards. Completely unfair. And you have the advantage with a brain. If you're winning using these, remove them and "handicap" yourself. However if you're destroying the game with purple and normal cards then hats off to you.

People who actually seek a challenge will make it a challenge. Card battling is not the same as Soccer. Leagues can ban uses of cards to make them fair. And you're playing an AI not a fully coached soccer team trying to make it to the top.

16. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Perhaps a dumb question; but what does it mean on the create deck screen where it says /25+ for how many cards a deck can hold? I assume it means it can have more than 25? If so, what's the max?

17. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    You can have 25 to 40 cards in a deck.
    Note that "moar cards" isn't always the best, a deck with fewer cards will be more consistent than a deck with many, many cards.

18. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Aaah ok, I gotcha. I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks for the tip.

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    It can suck against decks with a lot of 'make your opponent discard' power, however I agree, even considering that, less is better. If you are waiting for 1 particular card, much better chance you will draw it.

20. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Dude how far in are you? I just completed the game today, and I can assure you that it starts getting pretty damn hard as you progress.

I too was naive enough to think that disabling the opponent was the sure fire way to victory! But as you progress, different opponents have different tactics and it forces you to create new decks with different plans of attack! I made do with a defensive deck and an all out attack deck. Winning the game with my all out attack deck.
    I won with a beat the hell outta the other guy first approach, the later guys get cards that instantly revive any card you disable and it seems like they have the card whenever they need it so your technique becomes invalid!