Universal Card Dungeon (by Playtap Games, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 30, 2014.

1. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    After completely un- and reinstalling my problems went away. Something must have broken the installation. Runs fine now in iPad 2 iOS 7.12.

2. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Would you recommend the game?

3. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Regarding my huge backlist of games, I haven't gone too far into the depths of Card Dungeon. But as far as I played, it's a definitely original roguelike, worth playing if you don't mind its leisurely pace.

4. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Still on my wishlist and I still want to know if it's now playable in its current state. It hasn't been updated since March so it's safe to say that it might remain in its current version indefinitely.

Anyone still playing this? Can you provide me with a mini-review if so, and if there are any major issues in the current build?

5. IPlayGame

IPlayGame Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
  6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I went through some iterations of this and frankly, I would recommend Loot and Legends for better gameplay, similar board game feeling and if you are really in to rogue like, Desktop Dungeon may be a better bet.

7. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    nice game. just found it. worth the money. controls could be bettet (screen rotating specially). anyway.....5/5.

8. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    So whats all the bad reviews about? Im really intrigued by the graphics, let alone the ambient medieval lute music.

9. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I added it to my 2015 mobile game sales haul and I really like it. If I had to guess, I'd say some people are annoyed by the disposability of character abilities, which is kind of the point of the game. You're forced to make due with the abilities you are dealt by drops, because they're finite and need to be constantly replaced. This forces the player to utilize a variety of abilities and adapt tactics to the situation at hand.

For those interested, there is equipable gear, gold, shops, etc. It has all the trappings of a dungeon crawler in terms of game mechanics.

I can understand why some might not like it. Lots of RPGs gear players to speccing their character a particular way and plowing through the whole thing in the one particular way. That's nice, but doesn't require as much thought and adaptation as this one.

10. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Oh boy I am digging this one up!

I am kind of digging through. My backlog of bought but never played games and found this one. It is not bad and most if not all complains have been addressed. It even runs on iOS 10 beta so that says something.

But I have to agree if you are looking for something similar I find loot and legends to be superior in every way. Except the rogue like portion.

Still it's not terrible or even bad, but at this point in Time 3 € seem a bit steep, if you can get it on a sale, go ahead :)

11. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    A absolutely masterpiece!

12. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    why?