Universal Card Dungeon (by Playtap Games, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I wish the camera wouldnt autofocus back when you let go. Annoying when you try to see new enemies ahead. Also help screen is small even on ipad.

2. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I'm enjoying the game. One bug, one suggestion:

Bug:

iPhone 6, latest iOS 8: Game keeps crashing when I encounter the first mini boss. First time it crashed when I attempted to tap on him, second time it crashed after a few turns. Haven't tried a third

Suggestion:

I'd like an option to speed up enemy movement. Time between turns can take too long with a couple of enemies on screen.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Ok so. Just to add my 2c

Pretty darn cool game here. Still not exactly sure of how progression is handled as there is a map though when you die I guess you start again at the last dungeon on the map that you made it to?
    While I tend to be like some people and think a save slot would be good, I can understand why not. You could effectively cheat the system if there was a save slot? Reloading to the last save each time a round of moves doesn't go your way. But on the other hand, without saves, although I haven't done it yet, I imagine getting through dungeons which I guess serve as the only save points, could take some time between points...the app description says this is easy to pick up and play for 10 minutes. Well maybe, but only if you're ok at leaving the app running in the background?
    So the save thing will be a bit of a talking point for this one.

Also, the camera. Just...wth. It sucks. It needs way more freedom and to be able to zoom right out and fly around the dungeon of where you've been. A simple dungeon map would do good too. Otherwise it's workable, but tedious.

Also...just had a random crash when doing some zooming. I guess I was half way through a dungeon = rage quit because no save so I started back at the dungeon beginning. But then again would saving be game breaking? See above.

All that aside. Pretty cool game. Each time I get an card I mull over it for a bit which is great.

4. Isotope-X

Isotope-X Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    I'm eagerly awaiting a chance to play this, because from the look it's reminding me a lot of the browser game Card Hunter, which is the cat's knees AND the bee's pajamas. Between Galaxy Trucker, this, and my recent purchase of Neuroshima Hex, and Sentinels of the Multiverse later in the month, I might as well just fuse my IPad to my body.

5. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Oh, er, camera, crashes, manual, HP/MP token(can only be seen from one side)

Everything else is good so far!

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Haha good summary.

7. CardDungeon

CardDungeon Member

Aug 30, 2014
    *Furiously writing notes!* Thanks for all the feedback, folks!

8. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks for the great game! If there's any way to sharpen the text further for iPhone 6 Plus it would be greatly appreciated :) .

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #69 Gwarmaxx, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    hey guys, i can't resume the game!!!

when i tap on continue got a new dungeon with card pics corrupted, useless otpions, and nothing to do, the only thing that works fine is the camera view!
    i've tried several times and got the same issue... has anyone here the same problem? :mad:

10. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    I will have to try it on my iPad tonight, but my only complaint so far is that all of the text that shows up as word bubbles on the screen is too small for my old eyes to read (and I probably should get reading glasses, but I am pretending I am not old still and well.....).

Most of the game is intuitive, and I can zoom in on cards and read them just fine, but when you zoom the camera in, it does not increase the text of the messages I get on screen which I think are like tutorial messages on how to play?

So I am not actually even sure why I am running around the dungeon or what my goal is. But then heck, it's a dungeon and there is treasure, so I probably don't need any other reason.

11. CardDungeon

CardDungeon Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Send us an email to [email protected]. If you can grab a screenshot and attach it that would help a lot.

In the meantime.. have you tried turning it off and on again?

http://youtu.be/nn2FB1P_Mn8

12. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Welp it's def good. It's a classic case where this could be amazing though.

First if you're making a game in portrait mode id like to use only one hand to play. ( I don't miss the game boy that much .....) I think the camera should spin left and right with swipes and drag up and down with moving finger up and down. Your life and mana should spin with you as you rotate and lastly I'd like to get a zoom in of the enemy attack so I can see what's developing to my inevitable doom.

Also I have been able to move into enemy spaces while the enemy is still alive.

Good game though man been having a blast so far

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    thanks for the quick answer!

i've already turn the phone off but had the same issue everytime, so now i'm going to reinstall the game and in case of having the same bug, i'll take and mail you a pic, ok?

14. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    So I love TCG/card games, and arent so fond of rogue likes. Convince me that this is a game I will like.

15. Wisely

Wisely Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Fun game. Would be happy to pay for future expansion such as new class with new capabilities (cards)!

16. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    GREAT GAME!! Second the motion that i will pay for more content. I would like to be able to get more traits in the same run that i earn them. Unless i have missed something you must die and start over before being allowed to do this. Original Mini, ios7xxxwhatever, no crashes yet, just got thru the 1st area on the third try, never saw my earlier tombstones.

17. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    How does this play on iPhone? Any problems with the controls on the smaller screen?

18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    ISad

So I got the game like a good boy and started playing it, was through the first room going into the next and BLAM it kicked me out. Not to be deterred, I went back into the game and gave it another go. I was able to make it through 3-4 diferent rooms picking up gold and cards all the way until I found some nice looking gauntlets and POOF it kicked me out again...I went back into the game a third time to find that my gauntlets had become gauntnots and they were no longer there in my inventory. So all in all ISad and I guess I'll have to wait until this gets updated to really delve into the dungeons of this game...

19. Wisely

Wisely Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Been collecting golds and so far have not found any shop to buy things from. Am I missing something?

20. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    The controls on the iPhone are fine, but it plays a bit slow for a single player game. That plus the size of the pop-up windows are my main complaints so far.