Universal Card Thief (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Leo281993

Leo281993 Member

Aug 1, 2013
    How does this compare to solitairica? I am addicted to that game...

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I have gotten caught my first 5 or so runs lol

3. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    This plays quite a bit different than Solitarica.

Both are great and have their own strategic depth.
    This is definitely worth a buy.

I redid the tutorial twice and am starting to understand the mechanics better. Love the risk/reward mechanic with path difficulty levels.

Anoik likes this.
  4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Beautiful. Easily among the top 3 for stealth games on the App Store now!

Anoik likes this.
  5. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    What a deceptively simple, charming game. It looks like it has some deep strategy to it. I've managed to screw myself over a few times now leaving chests too many turns in order to get a better reward from them. Not the sort of thing I'm normally drawn to but I decided to give it a try. Now I keep finding myself, phone in hand, for "just one more quick game".

6. Airpegy

Airpegy Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Omg I bought so many games recently and my wish list getting epicly massive! Omg
    Bought this one cause for 2.79$ still a good price
    I love it so far i give it a 8/10

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Lol i redid the tutorial 2 times too and i am going for the third. If you miss something in the tutorial you are screwed in the real game.

8. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I don't know exactly what it is... but i have the feeling this game is too much about counting. And its a bit overcomplicated. Maybe it gets better later on... but after 20 games and 12 won with 2 times where i got stuck without having a special card and with only the option to restart - the feeling of one more turn is gone. Its a bit dissapointing for me.
    In Card Crawl I had more of the feeling to have control of my deck and to work on a strategy. To take a risk and try getting better highscores is not really satisfying, it only makes stress. IMO

9. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    What are door cards for? Not the exit hatch, the regular wood doors?

10. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    They're an obstacle, tap it and hold to get a description.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Card crawl is one of my favorite games to play on my phone ever since i started playing it, so i was really looking forward to this one. Cant wait to get into this in a bit :)

12. Qvothe1331

Qvothe1331 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Haven't been able to afford much lately, so whenever io come and tease myself here with all these great games, I exit quick and fire up Baldur's Gate 2. Can't believe how amazing that game still is. But I might give this one a try. I love stealth and I'd like to see how it's implemented in a card game

13. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Active Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Not sure if game center scores have a bug or if this is normal, but the scores are all weirdly high when my actual score is only 53 (it's like 1053,004,000,099,999,999). I saw the same problem with card crawl too, so I just want to ask the developer. Great game by the way, really enjoying it. :)

14. SuperLobster

SuperLobster Member

May 21, 2016
    When you open a chest at the end of the run does the loot go anywhere. Only collected junk so far. Also, is there a reason to collect money? Don't see a shop (yet). Just curious. Absolutely loving it so far.

15. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    So I bought the game and have been playing for about 40 min I have 7 wins 5 chest.lol. I exited twice with no chest. It seems pretty cool. I'm having fun. So I assume I have to collect enough insignia's to move on to the next area and to unlock different equipment cards but, what are the other reward items that are required to unlock the other, I guess higher tier equipment cards? I haven't gotten any In any of the treasure chest. Are those trash items exactly what hey say they are? Trash?? Lol

All-in-All I'm having a pretty good time. I love the animations and the artwork. The sounds are pretty cool also. At first it seemed a little simple I see where the strategy comes into play with deciding how long you want to keep your treasure chest on the board to gain better treasure and trying to balance your stealth points to cards left in the deck so as not to get stuck with no stealth points where you're running for life to the exit with no treasure. Something like that I think.:D Sorry guys this fist time playing a game like this and that's the best I can explain what I get out of it :D

It's good though. It's worth a buy

16. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    What is gold used for?

17. kellstrand

kellstrand Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Yas kween, yaaaaaaaaaas.

18. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Wow finally released
    Downloading now :)
    Just one question arnold
    Why it's priced lower than card crawl?

19. Judas Krimson

Judas Krimson New Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Italy
    Omg OXENFREE!!! I bought it last Thursday but I've only played a couple of hours.
    It is beautiful.
    I saw it was available on XboxOne since a year ago but I passed because I had other games I wanted to spend my money with.
    I think some indies are better played on smartphones than consoles actually, and they're cheaper too, I don't mind playing on a little screen.
    Recently it happens to me very often that I see a new game on the Xbox store that makes me say "nice, but I'll pass", but when I see the same game available in the AppStore a year or two later I scream overjoyed and buy it instantly.

Anyway, I like so much Oxenfree so far, and it truly transmits a "stand by me" feeling, a bunch of young adults discovering something beautiful or scary or whatever, and the bond between them.
    What do you think about it?

20. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    #60 dukat111, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Having a blast, current high score is 52.
    I can't find the leaderboards, I was assuming it would be in-game, not gamecenter.

My first win got 3 tokens but since then I've been getting 2 junk per chest, grrrrrrr.

Is there any reason not to open a chest as soon as you earn it?

What's everyone's favorite items? I haven't bought anything yet but considering the arrow or the one that changes a guards direction.