Universal Card Thief (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 19, 2017.

1. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Thanks!

Also, wondering if devs plan to add stats records as in Card Crawl.

2. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    For those who are interested here's an article about it. China basically wants you to register a number to be easier trackable as a developer. But this involves to much money/chinese paperwork to be ever doable by small devs like me. This is why i just skip selling on the chinese App Store.

@HelperMonkey yeah will put statistics on my todo list.

3. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    How do you add a friend to the "Manor friends" section of the flag scores screen?

4. dan_thompson

dan_thompson Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Awesome game! I don't really care too much for puzzle games actually, so I'm quite surprised how much I like this. The tutorial had me a little worried it wasn't my thing but once all the elements come together it's really quite addicting.

My only gripe is that it really does feel like I'm playing the same level over and over again, and if it wasn't for the unlock and upgrade progression I'm not sure how long I would have kept going for. I guess I just wish gameplay changes were spread across more castles so I experienced something new more frequently instead of hitting it in big, slightly overwhelming chunks.

Regardless, I still feel like I got more than my money's worth of entertainment out of the first castle alone so I'm happy

5. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Not sure, my best guess is they're game center friends.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Is this a huge battery drainer? I saw a review mentioning that on the app store and that would unfortunately be an issue with me. Can anyone else verify that or not? I would assume this kind of game would barely use any battery.

7. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Couldn't find the Game Center app on the phone.
    Some searching indicates Apple killed off Game Center. It still exists in some fashion but the primary functionality like friends doesn't seem to exist anymore.

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Nope. Not on my iPhone 6S at least. Drain far less than Ticket to Earth. Also, you can turn of card animation if you want to save more.

9. peecock017

peecock017 Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Finally get Card Thief from HongKong appstoreļ¼

10. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I have not played Card Crawl but I have seen the gameplay video with tutorial and I liked it. I fear that I will lose interest after a while due to maybe repetitive or am I wrong? I like card games, especially Orions 2 which is fast and somehow simple but not very simple and easy. I like also Bang! but this game is different that those. Developer said that he will update it with extra content. I wish I could play though a lite version of it to have an opinion by myself..

11. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    For battery drain: try to disable card animations, without it should save some precious energy.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    But....but.....they are so pretty!!!!
    Pigsell really outdone himself!!!

13. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    How is it possible 2nd place got a lvl 21 chest and made it out with only cloak as a spell ? I must be missing a mechanic to get that much saved up. (Currently 8th place)

14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Hey, I was number 2! Damn you Calculon *shakes fist*

15. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    I don't get how you would even get the stealth to LET the chest get up to 21, let's talk about it I want to hear other people's strats for how that would be possible

16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Distract guards and rope all the way around them. If you are willing to risk negative stealth. I think I got 28 gems in one turn from guards this way. More than once.

That is how I got up there.

17. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Getting gold is fine, I don't get how someone gave save up enough stealth AND survive to get out to get a lvl 21 chest with on the spell cloak, tackle that one

18. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Member

Jan 4, 2017
    awesome card game. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I just regret that menus are still somewhat empty since card crawl, and mostly that the collected money doesn't have any other purpose than scoring. it would have been nice to spend them on rewards to decorate the hideout. there's such a good "dark project" vibe to it, I would've loved to spend a thousand coins on an easter-egg Horn of Quintus (with the tune when you tap on it !), and a hundred on a pack of lockpicks... but hey, it's awesome as it is; it's just that games that are awesome always seem to need a few more thing to become spectacular GOTY material.

19. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I have to admit I got bored quite quickly with Card Crawl but I definitely got my money's worth and enjoyed it enough to buy this without even thinking about it - haven't started playing this one yet but I'm looking forward to giving it a bash