Universal Card Thief (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 19, 2017.

1. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ok, I bought it too judging from other's opinions and critics here in the forum and yes, it is good! :) The first time that I did the same was with Steamworld Heist which I enjoyed it very very much and if it wasn't for so many good reviews here in TA forums, I wouldn't buy it. :) :) Thanks.

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    This was an awesome read, thanks for having shared it.

And btw....you totally nailed it with the 'soul' of the game.
    Totally.

3. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    All my chests are full of trash!

So far, I haven't gotten anything but trash from the chests. Is the drop rate for a good item really low?

4. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Each round you leave the chest and do NOT pick it up you'll see it go up by one number. e.g. 1-->2-->3 and so forth, the higher the number the chest has when you loot it the higher the chance you'll get an insignia and not trash

5. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Aha, I didn't realize that. I've been going for the chest as soon as it appears! Thanks!

6. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    np! that's what this community is for. enjoy brotha

7. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Another noob question: what do the insignia do? Do I need to collect 10 to get a new item? Or does it open up more castles to plunder?

8. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Insignia are used to purchase equipment in the guild. Different items have different costs.

9. Qvothe1331

Qvothe1331 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Is there a difference between a chest card sitting in light and one in dark once you've escaped? I understand it indicates the state it was in when it was captured, but in your inventory safely back at home base where you can open them, is there an advantage to having a dark or light chest?

10. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    It's the same launch pricing as Card Crawl was before its price increase after release. I loved Card Crawl and I also went deep into the Thief games by Looking Glass so I am excited for this one! If anything like CC then it is a bargain at $1.99!!

11. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Thanks for the in-depth answer. I'm looking forward for the update. I turned off animation for a while. I don't scientifically know if it was doing that much for the battery.

I totally feel you in the grid, you had to choose 3x3 for the gameplay to feel right. I do feel claustrophobic because of the small space.

Dev Ques: What are your thoughts about implementing crossing back over the movement line?

Would that result in more strategic options or wreck something else like the 3x4 grid?

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    One suggestion, like gold, show the change in stealth value during move plot mode.

13. morpheus

morpheus Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    USA
    Is it just me? I loved Card Crawl but not feeling this one. Went through the tutorial a couple of times but can't seem to get into it. CC was way easier to learn for sure.

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Possibly the very best card game to ever come out

15. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I have the same question. How do we add new friends to to our list so they show on the friends high score screen?

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    More question: how does the equipment upgrade work?

I would like to have the notification when a new equipment is ready to use.

17. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @Qvothe1331 illuminated chests are +1 in game, but their state for opening doesn't matter only value.

@DrlRage crossing makes the game to complex as well.

@currymutton equipment upgrades are bound to the quest displayed at the guild master. you complete the quest, then you update the equipment via the arrow-up button, also at the guild master.

@runliketurtles i'm not sure, but you can't add friends in game, you would have used the Game-Center app for that. But i guess it's gone with the latest iOS. Sad but i can'd to anything about it. Maybe there's another way? I don't know right now.

On another note: HOLY SHIT GUYS CARD THIEF TOP 10 US ALL CATEGORIES???!?!? What is going on??

18. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Congrats!

I think not allowing crossing is part of what makes the game so great. It can really force you to make tough choices on any given turn.

Anoik likes this.
  19. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Well deserved [emoji6]
    It's an amazing game.
    Good job

Gesendet von meinem SM-N915FY mit Tapatalk

20. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    I don't understand this... I really don't getting into the math of the game... Seems like I'm to stupid!