Universal Carmageddon [by Stainless Games Ltd]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If only all iOS titles implemented fully moveable and resizeable on-screen buttons and HUD elements, boy, how little we'd have to complain about in terms of controls :)

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    First demon souls then epic hearts now this..what's wensday gonna bring*shock face*

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    True Skate : )

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I've got a 12 and a half hour wait to get my hands bloody? That's just evil. RILEES.NAO.PLS~!

5. LazerTag

LazerTag Active Member

May 9, 2012
    So this thread finally gets my curiosity up enough to ask

How exactly do the app store release work ?

Is NZ simply always first and then followed by the rest with US middle or last? I just want to know how it works or where I can read about it.

thanks

btw, Carmageddon was one of my favorite games back in the day. Always a blast.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Games are released often at midnight, so midnight in NZ is 11am GMT my time, so i have to wait 13 hours till its 12am in England to get the game.

I think devs can release games whenever they want but most do it Wednesday at midnight as i 'think' thats when the 'new and noteworthy' lists are restarted on the itunes store so people want to be featured on that. Its also useful for some devs to see how the game is received, eg if in NZ theres a huge bug then they may withdraw the game before it hits the US/UK etc (Saying that a lot of devs now use Canada as a 'testing ground').

Probably more reasons but yeah when i first got into iOS i wondered the same thing, my wife wonders why on weds nights i sometimes stay up till midnight ! ;)

7. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    #27 Quazonk, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    What's so tasteless about that? There are no lyrics in the trailer, and even if there were, there is nothing tasteless about Zero Signal's lyrics, it's just a supremely awesome Fear Factory song.

Besides, those "innocent pedestrians" are "zombies". Unless you're just being sarcastic and acting as shocked and mortified as the parents of the archaic time that this game was released

8. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Ok, so I download and play the game. I don't see the hype...what's so great about the game anyway? The graphics seem really poor on my iPad 2. The worst though is the tilt controls...among the worst I've encountered in my life.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    So dont use tilt controls ! What are the touch screen controls like ?

So you didnt enjoy it at all ? A racing game where you try to destroy your opponent or run over zombies etc ? Was it that bad ?

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Maybe if he didn't play the game when it first came out but maybe the sequels will also come

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well its interesting to hear someone 'new' to the franchise, i suppose if my nephew played Super Mario Land on a gameboy or NES he might think 'this is boring' when obviously it was a huge huge hit.

Hope this new remake brings in new fans but the rest of us old retro fans will soak it up for sure. 7 hours to go !

12. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Yea, I guess that's it. For the most part, I really hate retro games....especially those with 8-bit graphics. I'm a relatively 'new' gamer who started off with the PS2. So my nostalgia begins from there...which tbh, there isn't any really.

13. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Downloading. Missed the chance to play Carmageddon back then :eek:

And can hardly believe it's FREE.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Man, Super Mario Land was AWESOOOOOOOOOME!!! I loved it so much (cool remix of the main theme here:D).

Anyway, can't wait to play Carmageddon! Too bad I need to wait some more hours...

15. stainlessgames

Oct 16, 2012
    Carmageddon [by Stainless Games Ltd]

[​IMG]

App Store Link

Carmageddon is the original freeform driving sensation, where pedestrians (and cows!) equal points, and your opponents are a bunch of crazies in a twisted mix of automotive killing machines. The game features anarchic drive-wherever-you-like gameplay and over-the-top surreal comedy violence. It’s the racing game where racing is for wimps.

Now the same classic that was BANNED AROUND THE WORLD is back and available on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on Wednesday 17th October, FREE for the first 24 hours of sale as a thank you to our Kickstarter backers!

[​IMG]

Carmageddon features real-world environments that have been turned into killing fields, where the locals stay out on the streets at their peril. As well as using your car as a weapon, every level is sprinkled generously with power-ups that have a vast variety of mad effects, adding a whole extra level of craziness to the proceedings. In every event you have the option to “play it your way”… Waste all your opponents, kill every pedestrian, or (perish the thought) complete all the laps. Oh and watch out – the cops in their super-tough armoured patrol vehicles are lurking, and if they catch you being bad they’ll be down on you like several tons of cold pork!

Features:

• 28 dangerously deranged Opponents
    • 11 wildly exhilarating Environments
    • Career Mode featuring 36 satisfyingly violent Levels
    • Race and Wreck opponents to unlock 30 playable cars!
    • Universal App
    • iCloud Support
    • 27 Cunning Stuntworthy Achievements
    • Leaderboards
    • Game Center integration
    • Multiple control methods: digital, analogue (mix ‘n’ match), tilt
    • Edit your control layout in game to your preferences
    • Comprehensive Action Replay System
    • Movie editing; Save your movies straight from the game to YouTube; Share links using iOS 6
    • Action Replay movies will be showcased on Carmageddon.com in our ‘Hall of Maim’ gallery
    • Retina display and iPhone 5 support
    • Environment maps and other special effects
    • Enhanced pre-lit environments
    • Buckets of gibs
    • Tons of laughs
    Plus the opportunity to make in app purchases to unlock ALL the cars (apart from the secret one) and ALL the races!

Carmageddon requires iOS 5.1 or later.

You can also follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Max_Damage

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carmageddongame

Or visit our website: http://www.carmageddon.com

App Store Link

16. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I believe a thread has already been created...

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    True, but then again this thread has been made by the developers themselves...so they've got priority. Either way, the two threads should be merged.

18. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Not in us stores yet:(

19. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    NZ release, so it will be out in a few hours give or take.

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Yeah 11pm my time and its only 1:40