Universal Carmageddon [by Stainless Games Ltd]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Randomarcade

Randomarcade Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Can't wait. I was a very big fan when it was first released and can't wait to play this on the ipad. very excited. Definitely an instant buy even if it wasn't free

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    1am my time. Still 5 hours to go... :(

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    YES!! i just hope it controls well!

4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

One of the first reviews in NZ App Store:

:eek:

Will download in 15 min. Just to see what's all the fuzz about. I love racers, but I am not sure if I like the… uhm, story.

In the meantime I'll read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmageddon
    http://www.carmageddon.com/

About the IAPs in their forums (obviously posted by one of the devs):

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
  6. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    Really want this game but can't find it in the uk App Store yet.
    Anyone got a link

7. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

^ Use the link provided in the first posting of this thread. It worked well here in Austrian App Store. (Expanded on iPad 3: 108 MB btw.) Multilanguage (German… even some vocals).

Tried the tilt controls as I got used to them in Asphalt 6 and Asphalt 7 (arcade racers) for some minutes. Never played Carmageddon before.

Sometimes the car in Carmageddon goes where it wants and not where I want it. Dunno if that's part of the game or if I will need a better and upgraded car. Better go around corners while pulling the handbrake. I always try to repair it soon by tapping the icon top right. Maybe touch controls are better.

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #48 Ayjona, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    Game Impressions

So far, I cannot say Carmageddon has aged gracefully, but I'll withhold final judgement until I've spent quite some time with the game. As someone who has been around long enough to have played games like Pirates!, Shufflepuck Café and Uninvited shortly after release, but who, in spite of all these fond memories, has no particular love for the retro vibe, I find the game limited in both presentation and mechanics, but hope that a few more explosions and horrified screams will prove me wrong :)

Oh, Zero Signal's lyrics are anything but tasteless. Luckily, I never implied they were :)

Actually, the zombies were added as a form of censorship in some country-specific editions of the original game, and have been reversed to normal pedestrians in the iOS version, complete with the blood and the screaming :) But regardless of that, yes, I was being, if not sarcastic, then at sligthly ironic, while at the same time commenting on the interesting mixture of a song about personal disarray and despair and the ever-fleeting hope of emotional redemption, and a game that involves mowing down innocent bystanders for additional points ;)

9. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    Can't see it in swedish app store yet. :/

10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It's there, and has been so since 02:40 :) Third entry from the left, if you search for "Carmageddon". If the app still eludes you, try including the dev ("Stainless Games") in the search.

11. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #51 thesmashingone, Oct 17, 2012
    Sonic Jump ;)

But yeah, really looking forward to this. Devs say there is iCloud support in the game, is this true?
    Also, 5 more minutes for US people...

EDIT: iCloud support is confirmed. It is of the "Documents and Data" type, so the data os manageable from iCloud settings.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    We're live, folks. :)

13. AmpliHelix

AmpliHelix Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    East Coast, USA
    I've always wanted to play this when I was younger.

This game is amazeballs!

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #54 Greyskull, Oct 17, 2012
    This is sooo awesome...just a few questions...

The car unlocks, when not purchased through iapp, are awarded by winning races, correct? Is it essentially the same way the PC game worked?

I'de like to play the game the way I did back in the '90's, and not accelerate my progress. However, I wasn't a kickstarter backer. Is their an iapp donation option? Perhaps a frivilous iapp purchase, like a gold skin? Just something to throw some cash the way of the Devs. I never did play the original in anything higher than 800x600 resolution...this should be fun!

Last but not least, I still have the Cd-ROM in a 2 Pack which includes the "Splat pack" expansion. Has the Splat Pack made its way in.

Anyway...awesome!

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If apple will let GTA 3 in the AppStore, I see no reason why any (mainstream) game without nudity shouldn't be released.

16. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Okay, this is the absolute best moment of the week. :D

17. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Super game!!! And for free!!! I play the first "track" and had really fun to kill all the players at stadium :D
    Anyway, anyone had issue with iCloud? I start it on iPhone but on iPad it doesn't appear... But maybe is my connection... Please, someone confirm that work?
    Thanks

18. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Oh yes it is. Grinning from excitement as I did 10 years ago, and still having a ton of fun.

19. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Are both devices are online? Can you check the iCloud menu for both devices to make sure the "Carmageddon" entry is there? It should be listed there, as it uses "Documents & Data" to save games.

20. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    It's FREE! D: this brings back! can't wait to play it.