Universal Carmageddon [by Stainless Games Ltd]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Oct 16, 2012.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Lost progress... twice. Damn it.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Great port and a ton of fun. I remember the controls on the PC being not-all-that either so I don't have a gripe with them. I actually seem to be playing better than I used to back on the PC. It's amazing how it's been so long since I played the game and, yet, it was a trip down carnage lane once I started playing it.

Think I'm enjoying this more than Crazy Taxi (which was also a good port). So even when it flips to paid, it's worth well over the buck.

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    My case too... But after some restarts of the game i retrieve the lost progress... For now i m trying to not open the game in multiple devices because i think is an iCloud sync problem.

4. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I d love in a future update an option to make louder the music than the effects... I love the OST of this game!!!

5. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
    This is a great port! I was worried about the controls, but the are really good. Forgot I was playing it on a touch device:) The frame-rate is so smooth, not like the slide-show I got on my 100MHz Pentium when I played the original:D

6. ArtyBolshevik

ArtyBolshevik Member

Jul 10, 2012
    The game is awesome. I really, really hope they do a port of Carmegeddon 2; I spent so many hours in my youth playing it so it would terrific to go through it again.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    We need to start a campaign to get the Rush games ported over. Lives will be complete.

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh man I'd love things like crusin USA and Daytona etc etc

9. SteveW

SteveW Active Member

Sep 19, 2011
    controls

It's not about how well it controls, the idea is not to come in first place, it's simply to make it to the finish. It does control exatcly like the old game. You can do some upgrades to the car though.

10. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    My progress gets deleted after each launch of the game. So I have to start from scratch every time.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I came here to ask this. I don't see a save option but it doesn't appear to be auto saving either.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #92 awp69, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    For those of you that never played the PC version and aren't happy with the controls, you might want to try switching to analog.

Even though the default controls are about the same as they were on the PC so I have no complaints, the analog actually works pretty well with a sensitivity slider also part of the settings. It took me some adjustment to use the slider to steer, but it definately is more responsive. Might even stick with them a while myself to see if I fare better with them.

13. smj

smj Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    I lost my save data too. I went into the icloud settings and turned documents and data on, then my save file came back.

14. smj

smj Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    And now its gone again lol. Guess we have to wait for an update.

15. MyAimIsTrue

MyAimIsTrue Member

May 11, 2012
    Saves do not work for me either.. :( Any reply from the developer on twitter or facebook or anything about this? Really wanna start playing but feels pointless when you have to start over all the time.. :/

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #96 awp69, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    Strange. No save issues here, but is kind of weird when it comes to Game Center. It takes a bit too long to actually log into GC so I'm usually prompted as to whether I want to play as a Guest or as the GC id I last used. If I wait for the GC login, then that prompt goes away.

I wonder if the GC login is tied directly to the game save and is not using the save if you are a "guest"?

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    WTH! I've been playing on and off all day and have finished the first five or six races, just load it up now and *poof* my save has vanished?

Other than that tho I'm loving it, it's just how I remember it being from when I played it back in my school days :)
    Great stuff.

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    [​IMG]

19. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    5.1.1 required? Why not 5.0.1 :( I'm not going to update -_-

20. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Seems to be up for money in Australia? Showing $1.99 instead of Free?